Polished Rear Rim

Rhythm

http://www.youtube.com/us
Donating Member
Registered
Whewww weeeeee, this wuz a mutha to do. My next move will be to seal it with a  product  called Zoop. Its suppose to be excellent for sealing aluminum and it better for the price ($100). "Hopefully", if it holds up or close to as describe in the liteature it will save me $600 and I will not need to get my rims chromed .
 I'll keep you Playaz posted on how well this Zoop de doop stuff holds and if it actually worth the retail price.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101403855 -->

DSC01741.JPG

1.Gasket remover (paint removal)
2.wood strip wheel for additional paint removal and leveling porosity areaz .
3. start wet sanding with 420, 600,800,1500 followed with 1500 grit rubbing compound applied with a hand drill with attached buffing pad.
4. Apply aluminum polish with high speed buff.

Thatz it !

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101407196 -->

You sure do put a lot of work into your bike[/QUOTE]

I love my job !
biggrin.gif

Thankz for the propz Kez Man.

Damn dude, you da man 4 real!!!

I've done rims on two differant Suzuki's thus far. I used Zip Strip then 0000 steel wool then, mutha's.
Came out real sweet like yours.
My question is, my 04 LE has the polished edges and, the center section along with the spokes seems to be a lot smoother than other rims I've done. I can even wax the paint in these areas with no difficulties.
This doesn't seem to be the case with all Busa rims however.

After seeing how well yours came out, I just may strip and, buff mine the next time I change skins (soon) again.

Very nice work you did there, well done!!!

Please post pics once they're mounted.

I've done rims on two differant Suzuki's thus far. I used Zip Strip then 0000 steel wool then, mutha's.
[/QUOTE]

Theres no one way it seems to me when it comes to polishing aluminum from what a I have experienced so far with my lil bit of polishing experiences. Whatever workz stick with it I guess
rock.gif
I've tried various polishing techniques, even using steel wools and muthaz cream like yourself and had successful results but I still havent found a system that I'm impress with yet.

Thanks for the kinds word Bull , and post some photoz of your work , brutha.

Very nice work...
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Champ ! Nuttn but Love.

is that cream you used $100.00?
I am sure the last time I checked it was about 100.00 per rim to get polished. and all did was ship it.
still I know most like to do the hard work themselfs.

is that cream you used $100.00?
I am sure the last time I checked it was about 100.00 per rim to get polished. and all did was ship it.
still I know most like to do the hard work themselfs. [/QUOTE]

No cream J.C. just some good old elbow grease and love. The Zoop product kit goes a long ways and is a sealer that keeps the aluminum rims from oxidizing at the same time keeping the maintenance down. www.zoop.com

I had polished rims on my old bike they looked good but the maintenance on them was for crap...Have you ever tried BlueMagic...Cleans and shines better than Mother's or any other over the counter polish...Anyway as usual you did an excellent job on your polishing, damn near as good as me...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You need to check out Caswell.com since you like to polish they make it alot easier for you...
evil.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Not to sound like a biter or anything but i was just planning to polish my rim too. I was just gonna do the outside and leave the center black because i heard that it jeperdizes(sp) the welds or something like that. Wheels look good, how long did it take you to complete them?

I had polished rims on my old bike they looked good but the maintenance on them was for crap...Have you ever tried BlueMagic[/QUOTE]

Hopefully the Zoop product I want to use as a sealer will eliminate the hassle commonly associated with polished aluminum, if not then I'll just have to bow down and get'm chrome ( no biggy).
Thanks for the propz and helpful tip (BlueMagic) StunMan .

job on your polishing, damn near as good as me[/QUOTE]

When I grow up, I wanna be just like you Man
laugh.gif

Not to sound like a biter or anything but i was just planning to polish my rim too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah right
biggrin.gif
, Seriously, knock yourself out and get down to it Playa. You shouldnt have any problem with welds butts on the rimz becuase they have already been smooth out and are barely noticable.
It took my slow azz probably about 7 hrs just to do one rim but who cares ,right. I got mo time than money.
cool.gif
. I'm pretty confident with more practice I could cut my time down to have that.

YO dawg is there any other sealent to use other than the $100 stuff. kinda on a budget:blush:

Back