Plunge update

thesnake

Registered
Well I bought the busa today
biggrin.gif
With a little haggling, I got my price of 10k out the door (includes title, prep, and inspection) and with a 200 equip credit. That works out to around 9500 for the bike. Fair deal for both sides I think.

They tried selling the store 48 mo warranty for 1500 and offered to throw in a a 700 equip credit, but I balked after reading about the realistic cost of the warranty on the board (thanks for the money saving info once again!). I will pay the balance in cash monday and hopefully have plates on it and ready for pickup tuesday evening.

Ironically, my wife was my litmus test-- I showed her every harley, yamaha, honda, and suzuki (she's a neophyte) she picked out the busa (without my aide) as the "sexiest" I wanted the blue/silver, but she picked the black/purple and I went with her color choice as I like it also and there are less of them around here.

thanks again for all the info! I can't wait until tuesday now:)

-snake
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Hey one question for ya all-- anone use the zero graviyty touring shield? It looked a little funky on their website and was wondering if it is really needed? Does the double bubble raise the flow enough for reducing wind for a rear passenger and allow for a little more upright position for the driver (vs. stock).

Can't answer you on the touring shield, but the double bubble is the one I am using. For me about 5'10" the sheild seems to direct the airflow right into my face, making long rides uncomfortable. I did like the fact that I can now see the top of the gauges, but the sore neck is starting to get to me. I might end up taking it off. It is good in full tuck, because it seems to fit the helmet better then stock.

Hey one question for ya all-- anone use the zero graviyty touring shield? It looked a little funky on their website and was wondering if it is really needed? Does the double bubble raise the flow enough for reducing wind for a rear passenger and allow for a little more upright position for the driver (vs. stock).
It depends on how tall you are, or more specifically the distance from your head to your butt. I'm 6'8". I got the double bubble first, because I thought it looked better, but it directed the air flow directly at my head. I then got the sport/touring shield and am much more comfortable. The double bubble does make a big (huge) difference over the stock screen.

Congratulations on the purchase! Agree with what Big Wall said about the DB screen, but I still like it. Since most of my miles will be local the wind is one of the least of my problems. If I started taking some longer trips I may change, but until then . . . We do need to see pics!

Congrats on your new purchase, also kudos to your wife for picking out the best, the King, the BUSA!!
cool.gif

Hey, Congrats on the new bike.
Since you are going to be in traffic gridlock because of the DNC, run it up north to Vt and I will show you the roads where you can unleash her properly.

If you're taller than 5'9" that touring screen will come in handy on rides >5hours to reduce wind resistance and subsequent fatigue.  I'm 6' and have a double bubble (much more attractive and allows for more aerodynamics & visibility of gauges than the stock screen.  I'd get the double bubble for now unless you're planning a trip across country LOL (I am).

Oh yeah congrats on the purchase. Your wife has taste, I too like the purp&black.

BD

<!--EDIT|BigDawg_03Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1090255739 -->

congrats, and some good info here on screens. There's some other brands out there too, I know Juggler uses something similar to the ZQ DB and it looks great and fits fantastic. Careful with starting the mods, its addictive and can get $$$$
laugh.gif
cool.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back