Took the plunge

qarnaj

Registered
As some of you may remember, my baby got some boo-boos in a parking lot accident a few months ago. The insurance company came through with some good cash for replacement parts, but I was able to save a lot by just getting the scuffed panels repainted. Yesterday I took the plunge and spent the remainder on a set of HMF high mounts and a Top Gun undertail from the guys over at Allied Barter. Now for the hard part - waiting for it to get here!
biggrin.gif

A question for those of you who have gone the HMF route; do they send gaskets with the kit or should I go get some elsewhere?

I seem to remember some threads about nothing but problems from allied barter. Hope it works out for you because from what I can recall it hasn't for others. Do a search if you want to find out more.
smile.gif

No gaskets included, probably wont need them, but get a set from the dealer just in case.NJ.:)

Hmm, it looks like I may not have done enough research on the guy. I didn't realize so many people were having problems with him. Hopefully things will go smoothly this time around. He told me he was going to have the parts drop-shipped to me direct from the manufacturers, so as long as he gets the orders in correctly there shouldn't be too many problems. I'm crossing my fingers though.

Glad I read this thread.... my HMF exhaust shipped out today, but I forgot to get gaskets. Thanks for the reminder.

Good luck with Sylvio. Kind of hit or miss in my experience with him. BulletTrain posted about him being dropped by Extreme Graphics, at least in terms of being able to hold inventory. Hopefully the drop-shipping thing will work better. Keep us posted.

Post some pictures when its mounted on your bike ....

...those HMF highmounts look good
cool.gif

I got home from a holiday trip yesterday to find a lovely package from HMF waiting for me.
biggrin.gif

The exhaust is now in so I'm just waiting on the undertail now. I called Sylvio about it a little over a week ago and he said he had sent the order to Extreme Graphics and wasn't sure what the holdup was. I gave Marc at Extreme Graphics a call and he said it was because of some problems on their end. Apparently they had a bad batch of paint and had had to repaint it about 3 times. He said they should be shipping it on June 27th, so if that's the case, it should be here sometime this week.

I seem to remember someone posting detailed installation instructions for the HMF exhaust a while back. Anyone have a link to that thread saved anywhere?

Back