Pledge of Allegience now ruled UNCONSTITUTIONAL

Good old Michael Newdow, an athiest looser to be sure. Activist courts are out of control and Bush's opportunity to appoint two more constructionist judges is the only bright spot on the horizon for now.
wink.gif

I believe in separation of Church and state. That being said, I see no reason to erase the words on our currency, or change the pledge, if for no other reason than tradition. I wish people that were atheist, agnostic or whatever would allow people that believe the opportunity to celebrate that belief. How would that hurt or offend anyone? People just really have nothing better to do I guess.......

It's against my religeon to not walk a perfectly straight line. So ammend the constitution so that is the only way to walk.... Everyone should bow to the one, not accept the masses. The one being me of course.

Put the pledge to a national vote and see what comes up. "One Nation Under God" would stay right where it is.

Most of our ancestors came here to get away from the crap they were subjected to in their native land. Now we have no place to go. People better start becoming more tolerant of each other. If we don't, eventualy we will be a society of laws and I mean nothing but laws. Very similar to "Big Brother" and I'm not talking about the TV series. It will be what is called a "structured society". Except walking around in your own home, every thing you do will be monitored.

I'll tell you this. I love my country, I would die for her with out thinking twice. But it is getting to the point where there are a few idiots ruining it for everyone.

Every one it entitled to their own opinion. If you don't like the words in the pledge, DON'T SAY THEM! I guess that is too difficult. If you don't like what is on the radio, CHANGE THE STATION. If you don't want your children watching a show on TV, or listening to a radio program, CHANGE THE STATION, YOU ARE THE ADULT, YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY!!!!! Don't make me a victim of your opinion.

I personaly refuse to believe in a god that is all forgiving, all loving, and all those good things, but..... If you don't do what I tell you to do in the next 100 years, you will spend an eternity in hell. I'd like to think there is a heaven and a God. Common sense and evidence leads me to believe otherwise. I also don't think that death is the end, just the next step in life. I also don't have a problem with you believing in what ever you want. I don't care what you want to believe. Just be my friend, argue with me about it once in a while, and take it with a grain of salt. I respect you, you respect me and we all get along.

Oh yeah, I don't have any problem spending my money, saying the pledge, or going to a church for any ceremony. It doesn't change who I am, plain and simple.

OK, I have ranted long enough, not to mention going off on a tangent. Sorry.

Later,

Steve

Good point si-lo, I don't ever hear of anyone bitching about getting Christmas vacation. Even though that is the celebration of the birth of Jesus.

I would like to tell the idiots who started the law suit that if they dont like it, leave. I dont claim any religion but I damn sure defend the right for you idiots to question it bu serving in the military. If you cannot say the pledge, then get the f()ck out of the country... I take it personally and if my sons school stops it I will pull him out of school... I dang sure would have issues supporting that judges appointment to the bench...
Thing is, this could be easily addressed, by simply reverting the Pledge to its original form, without the phrase "under God" within it, as it was from the original version in 1892 (the last rewrite before addition of the offending phrase was the rewriting of it in 1924.

The words "under God" were not added until the '50s, under Eisenhower. Before Eisenhower did this (and remember this was during the heyday of the "red scare" when we as a nation had to make sure no one was one of those godless commies), any sort of religious reference within the Pledge was non-existant, and probably never thought of.

Also, the "In God We Trust" on our currency appeared about the same time, for much of the same reason. I've been collecting some examples of paper currency for a while now (including silver certificates, yellow seal notes, etc), and until the 1957 and 1957B series, no reference to God was ever made.

The point being, there's no reason why the Pledge (or currency) would need to be discontinued at all, if the references to God were simply to be re-omitted.

(Interesting aside -- there is a small movement among Christians -- especially fundamentalist types -- to stop reciting of the pledge as well, because of the idea that to pledge allegiance to the flag is practicing idolatry.)

<!--EDIT|RandomNickname
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127029267 -->

It's confirmation that as we draw closer to the return of Christ, Satan will work to remove Christ (that's why he's the anti-christ) from everything.  That being said, as this country allows decisions like this to be made we as Christians should be in prayer for the country, because there are more 911s and Hurricane Katrinas on the horizon.

<!--EDIT|BigDawg_03Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127047766 -->

I dont believe in god...

Except maybe when I do 186mph on a Busa
wink.gif

J/K - this country is turning ultra politically correct. I say - back all the fuggers up against the wall and teach them how things are in the real world...

I'm comfortable here in the Good Ole US of A! No group of Morons are gonna take my Bible OR my Country away from me! Seems to me as a general consensus on this board and pretty much everywhere this topic is raised that we are all on the same page. Why then is this happening? Because we let "Others" handle it for us. Those days are over. The "Others" are doing stupid crap like this! Get involved and let those in the bubbament know what WE THE PEOPLE really want!! Our boys in the Military deserve the highest Props we can give 'em! Show them we deserve the freedom they insure by using it!!! Get ACTIVE.
Rant off ( Temporarily )

um. hate to pee on your collective cornflakes, but the whole "under god" bit was added 62 years after the pledge was introduced. Linky.. Keep your bible (or koran or whatever) and your government. But keep them separate. Both (religion and government) should be choices. If you mix them, one or the other becomes something that is forced upon you.

<!--EDIT|expat
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127127321 -->

It's confirmation that as we draw closer to the return of Christ, Satan will work to remove Christ (that's why he's the anti-christ) from everything.  That being said, as this country allows decisions like this to be made we as Christians should be in prayer for the country, because there are more 911s and Hurricane Katrinas on the horizon.
The country is full of apathy and quite honestly this makes God sick, he said "I will spew you out of my mouth you doers of iniquity". These decisions are possible because those who are ice cold outnumber the red hot. WAKE UP AMERICA,WAKE UP CHURCH!

Just remember - it isn't Cali (it's sort of silly to say that)- it's ONE guy. A divorced estranged fella named Michael Newdow.

ONE. This ONE fella, Michael Newdow, (lives on south side of Sacramento) has made it his life's mission to remove ANY & ALL references to God anywhere. He has numerous lawsuits pending- you just hear about them one at a time. Half his stuff has been thrown out of court, but he just refiles it a different way. This guy will never stop. I bet you'll be hearing about this sort of stuff for years- all originating from this ONE guy.

mad.gif

Back