Please keep our daughter in your thoughts

Dan

Married to HRH Grammy
Donating Member
Registered
Our daughter (Elise) went into labor Tuesday night around 7pm and everything appeared normal. At midnight she suffered a complete abruption (placenta detached) and she started hemorrhaging with the baby still in the womb. Thankfully she was at the hospital so they were able to perform an emergency section but Liam, our grandson, had gone for about 20 minutes with no blood or oxygen before they could take him. The doctors performed CPR for about 20 more minutes and were able to get his heart started. They moved him to another hospital that has better Infant critical care. Since arriving he has had to have CPR again.

The doctors have reduced his body temp to 93 to try and reduce the amount of swelling in his brain caused by the lack of of oxygen that is somewhere between 20-40 minutes. The cold therapy is something that can only be done for 72 hours. Yesterday he started having seizures in spite of the reduced body temp which is not a good sign. Liam is now 100% on life support.

The doctors were able to on control the bleeding and our daughter should make a full recovery. She was moved yesterday afternoon to the same hospital as her baby.

Last night the doctor talked to the parents about DNRs and potentially removing life support if the cold therapy doesn't work. The parents are going to have to make some hard decisions today before the start the warming process tomorrow at 5am and could use some good will.

Dan , My Prayers are sent to You & Your family at this trying time . Hang in there ! If you need us please let us know what we can do . God Bless :please:

sorry bro i could not read all of your post b4 i teared up i know thats scares u and the family im tossing up a prayer for u and the right now and hope all ends well

Very sorry to hear that. Thoughts and prayers go out to all of you. :please:

Best wishes to little Liam and your daughter as well as the rest of you:please:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

So very sorry for this troubling news. My heart is heavy. Prayers sent for little Liam, your daughter and Liam's Father, and the Family. :please:

Dan, Prayers are being sent for you, Di, your daughter and family and Little Liam.
I am here if you need an ear brother.

There's no family like our .org family. Thank you all for your support. No news yet, but we haven't spoken to the doctor. We'll keep you posted.

Very hard situation!! May god give peace and strength!! I'll keep you guys in my prayers!!

Back