Please Help!!! Loss of power and wont stay on

Hulk Taylor

Registered
Hello everyone!

I have a 00 busa that I've been having problems with the past three months. When I ride the bike I cant go past 100mph. I tried to adjust the TPS and when I put the setting in middle when in dealer mode the bike shuts off. I have replaced all of the hoses I even swapped the fuel pump with an aftermarket pump and when i cut the bike on the fuel pump relay clicks and fuel comes out of the discharge end of the assy. also when i ride it will eventually make a sputtering sound like im not getting any fuel. I hooked the pump itself to a power source and it spun. I checked all of my fuses and they check ok and im not throwing out any codes this is really frustrating for me and i dont know what to do:banghead:. Im new to this site so could someone please show some love and help a brotha out thanks!

Welcome to the oRg. That year bike I believe had a the pump and filter inside the tank. Are you sure the filter is clean? :welcome:

I'm currently trying to work out the same on my '03. Starts fine, idles fine, no codes. Get it out on the freeway and pin the throttle and doesnt want to go over 8k rpm. Spits and sputters and jerks. I cleaned the fuel filter, replaced the pump, adjusted TPS back to center due to dash reflecting it being _COO. In the process of putting it back together. Hopefully I got it but process of elimination in early stages!!

Back