2003 Loss Of Power At 5500 Rpm

Valingt

Registered
so i got this bike for cheap and i have been working on getting it all back to 100. i put a new fuel pump in and that helped some with this issue but still at 5500 rpm or so it just falls flat. i read somewhere that it could be timing but i was going to see if there was any other options or if that was most likely it.

the other thing is if it is timing how do i fix it. im not new to working on stuff just new to working on bikes. is there a window i can open to see if the timing is off? is there a way to turn the motor over without the starter and without draining the oil?

if its not timing what should i look at next after fuel pump. also its putting out 2 codes. c24 and c27. maybe that will tell yall the problem all together.

thanks in advance
Big Ben.

Is the pump brand new,
If not how many miles on it'
How long was it dry

c24, c25, c26 and c27 are ignition malfunction codes . . .

ya i found that out but i can move the coils to other spots and still get the same codes. would it be a wiring issue? i saw in a thred on here that that code was the timing had slipped when they did a head gasket. this one just had that done not long ago. the head gasket was before me.

ok so i took it to a shop and we swapped coils, injectors, and still having the same issue. got to playing around in the shop and put it on the stand. when its got no load it will rev out in gear any gear. under load at 5k its like it hits a wall. if i hold it wide open i can get to 6500rpms but its like the fuel is getting shut off. im at a total loss right now and need some thing to look into any help would be nice.

Six pack beat me to it, was just about to suggest the ckps.
I was getting lack of power, all across the rev range and those c24, c25 etc codes, randomly around 9000rpm the bike felt like a 600, I had also tested the ckps a long time before, to eliminate it but my tests didn't pick it up.
If your timing was that far out, I think you would be hitting valves, also while changing my timing chain, a local garage told me that they can be horrendously stretched and the bike still runs ok, valve clearances are also a bit of a red hearing for running problems (from what I've read on many posts).

Ok so I put a stator/crank sensor from a good running bike in mine and still nothing. Now I'm really lost. What should I check next?

Wiring from the ECU to the coils
Make sure there is no shorts, between the cylinders
Compression and Leak down test, to make sure the mechanical side is all good.

If you have access to a spare ECU , after you have tested the wires, try it!

Have you eliminated the fuel system as a problem by checking the fuel pressure while under load? This obviously wouldn't explain the codes, but my bike had the exact symptoms that you describe and it had a clogged fuel filter. Normal operating fuel pressure until 5k then dropped to 25psi. Just food for thought.

Have you eliminated the fuel system as a problem by checking the fuel pressure while under load? This obviously wouldn't explain the codes, but my bike had the exact symptoms that you describe and it had a clogged fuel filter. Normal operating fuel pressure until 5k then dropped to 25psi. Just food for thought.

I have put a new pump in that is good. It got a little stronger when I did but still no better at the 5k mark. We checked the injectors they seem fine. I do see some buildup on the back of the valves. The timing was checked and is spot on. I cleaned all the connectors and still no good. I'm baffled.

I have put a new pump in that is good. It got a little stronger when I did but still no better at the 5k mark. We checked the injectors they seem fine. I do see some buildup on the back of the valves. The timing was checked and is spot on. I cleaned all the connectors and still no good. I'm baffled.

You replaced the filter too? Not the little strainer on the bottom but the big black housing the pump attaches to is the filter. My filter was clogged causing inadequate fuel delivery under load.

Faulty Water temp sensor, telling the ecu, that the engine is cold, overfueling, bogging down the engine? Faulty iaps? Is the tps set correctly? Throttle bodies balanced correctly?
Best to now Eliminate the mechanical, like gixerhp suggested and go from there, seeing as the head has been off, hope you find the problem soon.

You replaced the filter too? Not the little strainer on the bottom but the big black housing the pump attaches to is the filter. My filter was clogged causing inadequate fuel delivery under load.

Ok you got me I didn't know that was a filter too can I open it or is it just a swap it kinda thing?

Back