PLEASE give this a qwik look-see...please. A few minutes of your time,thanks.

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
In fine "Org Tradition" I am going to help this member out. Your help is most welcome. No offers will be turned away.
This man has had some hard knocks.Some very SEVERE,HARD KNOCKS. Most of us have been there,or are there.Sometimes thru no fault of your own,life walks up and kicks you square in the ballz. I won't share details exchanged in PM's that would be up to him. I will share he has not had any fun with life/health/finances/etc for a long time.Him being a vet...this is unacceptable to me. Anyway,as some of you know I have a small spot in my teenie tiny little heart for certain folks. This man falls into that category. He is a military veteran. Anyway,fire has destroyed some of his Busa parts.
Rubb,with your help,is going to get this Busa back up and rolling so help me God.
WE, will need a few things to make this happen. A few parts,but first and foremost a complete set of Gen I plastics.
There will be several parts to this,with links posted in this thread. This thread will remain active as I will check on it daily.
Cash talks,and you know what walks.
Any donations can be sent to my paypal addy.... andy@uvic.ca
As any donations that arrive,will have the balance will be posted here.
There is $62.92 CND in my account. That is my first gift towards this endevour.

I have been helping a friend out with his truck. He insists on paying me. That does not sit well with me,I don't roll that way.
I will kick in yesterday's pay as well. I will work again today. :thumbsup: It's not much...but it is a start.

We are now at $162.98 :super:
A thread will be started to accept donations of anything. Those items will be sold to aid in this endevour. Any parts useable to member Hayley246 directly. If you wish to remain anonymous,as some have done in the past with these missions that will be honored.
First to donate today will receive this beautiful Hayabusa Watch.
Never worn,light scuffing from sloshing around in my desk drawer.

Second donation gets this highly collectible backpack w/laptop slot. May not fit some of you giant bastids,but fits me at 6'1"/200.
It is adorned with that cool carbon look. New without tags.

3rd gets a ballcap. If these are your Busa colors,act qwikly,don't let the "other bastid" grab this out from under you.
New,sealed in bag. Take the Busa motor cap as well.You don't see them everyday.
Don't like or need the swag...want to save Rubb some shipping money...thats cool.
But I still want your money. :laugh:

So guys...lets get this man's Busa rolling again.

Any transactions will be posted here,unless you stipulate otherwise.

Cool stuff/idea's...post it here.

Anything negative:
PM or
turboandy550@outlook.com
or 250 888 9283

Anyways,I must run off and work...Daddy (Hayley246) needs a new Busa. :thumbsup:

THANK YOU.
Rubb.

Perhaps nobody on this board is more Gung-Ho for Busa's than me.
Some members own one,but maybe it doesn't consume them like it does me.It's all good.
I was four years without a Busa because of being run over by a drunk driver crushing my beloved 2000 and me.
It sukked.It sukked big hairy ballz.
Take a minute and picture yourself without yours.
I get pizzed off when mine is down for a day or a week.
Envision yourself without your Busa....for years.
Rubb.

I won't be offended if you put that Joe Rocket jacket I gave you up for grabs, or sell it locally for the cash. All for the greater good, etc. :bowdown:

I won't be offended if you put that Joe Rocket jacket I gave you up for grabs, or sell it locally for the cash. All for the greater good, etc. :bowdown:
Yer Da Man 'Buser. :bowdown:
Can't do it thou...I have a special attachment to that jacket.
You>
<me

Rubb.

What specifically does he need? I'll see if I have something he can use for parts.
Tom,you have been a gr8 member on here for years. :thumbsup: You gave me great advice/assistance/etc on many issues over the years and I have not forgotten.
I will get a complete list of what is necessary to breath life back into his bike.There will be things he has not thought of possibly. Some of us know what its like to bring a bike back from the dead.
Then we can march on this.
Thanks for taking the time and for the offer. You rock Brother.
Rubb.

Tom,you have been a gr8 member on here for years. :thumbsup: You gave me great advice/assistance/etc on many issues over the years and I have not forgotten.
I will get a complete list of what is necessary to breath life back into his bike.There will be things he has not thought of possibly. Some of us know what its like to bring a bike back from the dead.
Then we can march on this.
Thanks for taking the time and for the offer. You rock Brother.
Rubb.
It would help to know if it's practical to throw parts at it. Melted plastics is much easier to solve than a torched electrical system. Also the bike may have parts value. Engine etc.

It would help to know if it's practical to throw parts at it. Melted plastics is much easier to solve than a torched electrical system. Also the bike may have parts value. Engine etc.
Bike was not in the fire Tom,just some parts. He will be shooting me a full list of what he needs (at my request/demand) hopefully today.( I want to move on this for him,but also because I'm an overzealous impatient bastid as you all know) There were a few components burned up with the plastics,but thankfully we are not dealing with a complete bike meltdown. I won't post from memory,I shall post the facts.
I sent him a link to this thread in case he missed it or wanted to see what we were up too. I thought about the "surprise factor" but opted to show him the straight goods right from the get-go.He was quite choked up to see our efforts so far and is tremendously grateful. I first noticed him on the board a little bit ago asking for info on cheap plastics to buy. He was not looking for a hand-out or freebie,he's a man with honor,a little down on his luck is all. I,and hopefully some can relate to that. This board has folks that were at times,homeless,for example. This thread/gesture was my idea.

I just hope that some of the members personal dislike for me,doesn't hinder the the love,caring and generosity I have seen from this board for 17+ years. Don't take it out on Haley,just because I was the one to get things going.

If any member on here asked for, or I felt he needed a helping hand I would not hesitate ...even if I thought something he posted made him sound like a real bastid.

There is a list of amazing fug-ups here on the board.

I probably top the list.

NOW...start makin' them dam donations and get one of my Hayabusa "Treasures." They will be keep-sakes to pass down from generation to generation.

I'm not asking for gifts of hundreds of dollars (which I won't say no to) we'll take 5 bucks at a time. Skip today's triple latte' with sprinkles and extra foam....send me the 8 bucks. LOL.
Rubb.

Bike was not in the fire Tom,just some parts. He will be shooting me a full list of what he needs (at my request/demand) hopefully today.( I want to move on this for him,but also because I'm an overzealous impatient bastid as you all know) There were a few components burned up with the plastics,but thankfully we are not dealing with a complete bike meltdown. I won't post from memory,I shall post the facts.
I sent him a link to this thread in case he missed it or wanted to see what we were up too. I thought about the "surprise factor" but opted to show him the straight goods right from the get-go.He was quite choked up to see our efforts so far and is tremendously grateful. I first noticed him on the board a little bit ago asking for info on cheap plastics to buy. He was not looking for a hand-out or freebie,he's a man with honor,a little down on his luck is all. I,and hopefully some can relate to that. This board has folks that were at times,homeless,for example. This thread/gesture was my idea.

I just hope that some of the members personal dislike for me,doesn't hinder the the love,caring and generosity I have seen from this board for 17+ years. Don't take it out on Haley,just because I was the one to get things going.

If any member on here asked for, or I felt he needed a helping hand I would not hesitate ...even if I thought something he posted made him sound like a real bastid.

There is a list of amazing fug-ups here on the board.

I probably top the list.

NOW...start makin' them dam donations and get one of my Hayabusa "Treasures." They will be keep-sakes to pass down from generation to generation. View attachment 1623456
I'm not asking for gifts of hundreds of dollars (which I won't say no to) we'll take 5 bucks at a time. Skip today's triple latte' with sprinkles and extra foam....send me the 8 bucks. LOL.
Rubb.
You're a good man Rubb. Helping a brother or sister out here is what makes this board like no others.

Here is what we require:
We have a little cash to work with,so we may be able to buy some of whats needed as perhaps parts become available. We shall endeavour to get some more bucks together. (see the gear section in a day or 2)
Thank you for your time.

Front fender Gen I
windscreen Gen I
rear brake lite Gen I
headlight Gen I
mirrors Gen I
air intakes Gen I
tail light Gen II
hump Gen II
rear seat Gen II
turn signals front (Gen I) / rear (Gen II)
all plastics Gen 1 but rear section/sig pods/ are Gen II
Rubb.

I've got a set of mirrors. Right one has minor scratches..

We'll take 'em. We can pretty things up down the road. :D
Thanks Red. I'll get with u on shipping.
They will be going to Troy, Alabama 36081
Awesome.
Rubb.

Here is what we require:
We have a little cash to work with,so we may be able to buy some of whats needed as perhaps parts become available. We shall endeavour to get some more bucks together. (see the gear section in a day or 2)
Thank you for your time.

Front fender Gen I
windscreen Gen I
rear brake lite Gen I
headlight Gen I
mirrors Gen I
air intakes Gen I
tail light Gen II
hump Gen II
rear seat Gen II
turn signals front (Gen I) / rear (Gen II)
all plastics Gen 1 but rear section/sig pods/ are Gen II
Rubb.
Let me get up in the attic. I'm pretty sure I have a windscreen and maybe a fender. It's been awhile since I've seen up there. I'll ship them all for free at no cost. I just gotta get up there. It's about 238 degrees these days. So I'll pick a morning and do some digging.

Let me get up in the attic. I'm pretty sure I have a windscreen and maybe a fender. It's been awhile since I've seen up there. I'll ship them all for free at no cost. I just gotta get up there. It's about 238 degrees these days. So I'll pick a morning and do some digging.
freakin awesome Tom. Very cool. Ya,go up there in the morning,you don't need heat stroke. :fire:
I'll PM you the details. U sure about the shipping?
Rubb.

Rubb u represent us well my friend.
I'm trying Vipe. I like this guy Thomas. He's good people. He's very thankful.
He needs to get back on his bike. If we can help make that happen,it will be a good thing.
I get a lot out of it too...
Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy...

YUK...I can't stand all this happiness.
We gotta get this done so I can go back to being a jerk. :p
Rubb.

freakin awesome Tom. Very cool. Ya,go up there in the morning,you don't need heat stroke. :fire:
I'll PM you the details. U sure about the shipping?
Rubb.
No problem. From one vet to another. That's a different kind of brotherhood. Then we add the Busa connection. This board has done a lot for its members. Including me. I'm happy to offer a helping hand back.

I don't know that I can do this tomorrow, but hopefully by the weekend.

VIPER ROCKS... :bowdown:
He's thrown into the paypal account. :thumbsup:
This place,with guys like Viper,its the best site on the planet. Hands down.
Thank you,
Rubb.

No problem. From one vet to another. That's a different kind of brotherhood. Then we add the Busa connection. This board has done a lot for its members. Including me. I'm happy to offer a helping hand back.

I don't know that I can do this tomorrow, but hopefully by the weekend.
No sweat Tom,thank you.
Tom...you and @VIPER ,@hayabuser ,@Red05 ...we are makin' head way now boyz.
Thomas is all choked up.
I say...we make him cry. :thumbsup:
Rubb.

He's got a Gen II tail section. I hopefully I have useable tail and sig pod plastic.
I think if we grab plastic that needs paint,but is not rashed up or cracked,we can git 'er done that way. Then our man could plan his own paint scheme.
Getting a Gen I color up front and a Gen II tail,might be tuff to match?
Idea's gentlemen?
Rubb.

Back