Ok...drum roll please. The moment you've all been waiting for. The New STTB

Rubb, at this juncture I am recalling my initial impression of the Hayabusa. It was recommended to me and I responded harshly that it looks like a big bloated whale. Then over a long period of time that recommendation sat in my mind, mutating, growing. I thought about how the design was not randomly generated by a bunch of marketing people but instead the product of wind tunnel engineering. When I thought about this purposefully, a toggle switch flipped in my head and all of a sudden the bike had a unique and incredible beauty. Here I am, and I could not love looking at my Hayabusa any more than I do already.

Absolutely. Those bags provide to you a new level of freedom, friendship, and discovery. They serve a purpose, a great and wonderful purpose. All of a sudden they are in fact beautiful in their own way.
Sorry I just looked back at your pictures and frankly I was wrong. The bagged bike is still ridiculously ugly. As Emily Litella would say, "Never mind."
What a beautifully thought out post I was thinking,possibly even written by a pro writer or something...then it went south...
"bike is still ridiculously ugly"
I think I might get you to write all my cards,letters even poems to the ladies I'm trying to hook up with...I'll just edit out the last line where you suggest they are fat.:laugh:
Thanks HW,
Rubb.

Hey Rubb your bike is wearing a thong (reflector license plate holder thingy compared to that fat tire Looks like a butt and thing combo lol)

Ride your ride!
That's ^ what comes to mind when you look at my Busa's azz.
eye brow.gif

Have you considered some heavy psychiatric therapy for your issue.
You've heard of the Rorschach Test right? Herman Rorschach invented a psych test where he would show patients a series of ink blots and record and analyze their responses. Do you see thongs in alot of pictures my friend?
Well we'll try the test in reverse.
Here's a few pictures,you say the first thing that comes to mind.

hb1.jpg

hb2.jpg

hb3.jpg

Ok...do you see anything else besides the thongs?

rofl.gif

Love you man...you always make me laugh,
Rubb.

@rubbersidedown I hope that came across as the joke that was intended...I AM JUST KIDDING! And if no, then I apologize!
No need to EVER apologize to me Bro. I love the shi7 you post.
Oops I meant all the wisdom you post,thats it.
:laugh:,
Rubb.
You guys crack me up!
Like Frank, I too have the tears rolling down my cheeks with laughter . . .
Keep the humour going boyz!
Oh no...I sense a "thread jack" happening...

thread jack.jpg

How about a link to a sweet country song with a beautiful message...click here
Rubb.

Eastern most point in Canada eh?
You will be going by my place.
You got a place to crash.

cheers
ken
THANKS KEN. That's what I had going. Lot's of offers from cool people to just stop by and hang out for a bit. I had tons of cash for hotels but folks wanted me to stay. I had a wad of hundred dollar bills set aside and for each night I stayed at someone's place I was planning on leaving a bill for each for each day stayed. Most would have turned it down I'm sure,so my M.O. was going to be to leave it in the microwave or something for them to find after I left.Just a little thank-you for the effort. I had all kinds of fun idea's planned. Oh well,perhaps it will come to fruition one day. Step one: Complete. STTB ready.
I think we would be rolling on the floor busting a gut,just laughing our azzes off.
Cool offer Bro,very cool,
Rubb.

Ruhbah!!!

That looks really cool!!!

With those cases on the back, you now have enough storage to come visit, free board and food, but the condition is you must fly two of those ladies out here before you arrive.

En route, probably a good idea to switch the turbo off, you may just blow off one of those cases.

Ruhbah!!!

That looks really cool!!!

With those cases on the back, you now have enough storage to come visit, free board and food, but the condition is you must fly two of those ladies out here before you arrive.

En route, probably a good idea to switch the turbo off, you may just blow off one of those cases.
Thanks Jelly X 2. Awesome invite. I could hunt down my old boss,cool character,he was ex-police who specialized in motorcycle crash investigations. He just up and quit a good paying job here in Canada and moved to N.C. to marry a lady he met on the internet.He was a great boss compared to the twat who took over for him. I would pop into his office (first boss) and say howdy in the morning. He would ask what I had on the go for the day,I'd list off a couple things and he'd say see ya later. Off I'd go and make him and me look good. I knew my job,I knew his too. I did it all when he was sick or on holiday. I had 65 vehicles in my motorpool fleet,20 parking ticket machines that were solar powered/sat up-link,digital parking machines,did jobs for campus security,blah blah blah .I did the small qwik repairs on the vehicles and chose local shops for the big stuff like trannys,brakes,collision repair,etc. I had everything from a Toyota Prius to a dump truck. Fun job.
Then a severe D!ck took over. Micro-manager and a severe asshat.Left that department. Oh well...
Ya I'd love to visit bro,you could put me to work. :thumbsup:
Rubb.

So an' Ex GF bought me a couple goodies so that I can ride safe. She's so sweet. Its an over powered,stretched,fat tire'd Busa with a skill-less pilot on board and she's thinking "ride safe'....
rofl.gif
She's so cute. I love her. Anyway,thought I'd share install critique and grade performance on the...

Denali DM TriOptic LED light kit.

a.jpg

Also pictured ^ is the 120dB Denali Sound Bomb,which she thought was pretty cool too. Install and rating of that another day.
So I was waiting on the stock front reflectors that member @Bagherra sent me... :bowdown: thanks again bro...but I just wasn't happy with the locale and the single bolt attachment point...

e.jpg

So I grabbed some flat bar outa the junk heap and fab'd up some mounts and put them on the lower fork legs as suggested by @pashnit and @Dopey and others...thanks boyz. :thumbsup:

d.jpg

So if yer gonna do this,install longer bolts back in the pinch bolt holes as the threads are a ways in there and you now have the extra thickness of the new metal to be accounted for. 6 or 7 threads just wasn't enuff for me and my paranoia and anxiety. LOL.

Pretty happy with how they look,I'll paint the mounts the same color as the lights to be even more invisible. The orange thingy shows the location I'll mount the horn part of the air horn. Finding a spot for the compressor will be a challenge as every square inch has something in it it seems.Under the hump has the turbo boost controller. On the inside of the tail...1 side has the compressor and exposed switch for the rear air-ride suspension,the other side has the turbo fuel controller. Oh well,later on that.

f.jpg

Wiring is awesome quality except I would have liked longer runs of wire from the lights themselves to the first connection point. Just a bit of a tight squeeze in there around the bottom of the triple tree's,no biggie thou. Mounted the switch on the dash,it's fairly clean and tidy and just reachable by thumb. When I have more time I shall make use of the un-used,obsolete mode switch and wire them up to that.

c.jpg

And there you have it. I would recommend these,very well made,very bright...but heavy and a bit pricey.

Done...

g.jpg

...and outside...

b.jpg

Hope this helps somebody out with install and/or buying choice. Hit me with Q's not covered.
Love & Hugz ....
puke.gif

Rubb.

Last edited:
ALSO...forgot to thank member @Tb3 .... :bowdown: Without me asking,he offered me up an' LED license plate/tag illuminator. A lit plate 24 hrs is law around here. It's pictured below,very small,so as not to stand out which its way cool for looks. Its really nice quality,black anodized,works very well with the whole black theme. :thumbsup: Didn't know I would need it,till I did. Thanks Bro,
Rubb.

tb3 plate light.jpg

Got the mock up done for locating the SoundBomb horn on the STTB. It was kind of goofy to figure out how and where to place it because of limitations like heat,size of the horn,air line inlet location,etc. I wanted the port for the sound blast line to get past the front tire and not have sound bounced back at me.Also didn't want the horn directly behind the front tire to get bombarded with what it throws up.
aaa.jpg

The proto-type mount fits nicely where I want to put the horn. I gave it a heat shield to protect it for the turbo header.

bbb.jpg

I'll now build it out of aluminum and use light weight quality fasteners.
It will sit here in what I call "The Belly of the Beast"

ccc.jpg

I'm happy that I got the "split" model of the Denali horn (horn and compressor can be in mounted separate from one another) I cant see stuffing a one piece horn into too many places on a Busa. The compressor will get mounted under the rear seat/hump area in the next couple days. I'll do a sound bite and post it on youtube for those interested in this mod. I plan to use the stock horn as well,blasting the 2 should get their attention. I'll do a sound demo with stock,then Denali,then Denali + stock for comparison.
Rubb.

Rubb, you should plan out a route and stop by each town you have a friend (like me) and you could rest/relax before continuing your journey. By the way, why not just tape your plate to the back of your jacket instead of mounting it so awkwardly? I would look at your bike but once I saw that turbo sticking out I wouldn't think about those bags.

Rubb, you should plan out a route and stop by each town you have a friend (like me) and you could rest/relax before continuing your journey. By the way, why not just tape your plate to the back of your jacket instead of mounting it so awkwardly? I would look at your bike but once I saw that turbo sticking out I wouldn't think about those bags.
That was the plan Thomas back in 2005/6. Dream got crushed. Going to try and do next year hopefully. I'm saving pop can's,got a second paper route and am selling my Amway,vacuums and encylopidia's door to door. :thumbsup: car wash business failed,no lawns to mow. :(
They (cops) are fussy about plate location. I've put my plate in a few different spots over the years and been lucky. The back of the jacky location would be good till the first cop got behind me. Plate is supposed to be between the turn sigs,straight up and down,be lit 24hrs a day,etc. Good thought thou.
Rubb.

If I win the lottery or have a rich uncle die that I don't know about and suddenly get rich, I will definitely help you accomplish this dream ride.
you win the lottery,you should buy a shop. We'll get some good techs from here on the Org...we'll even import a couple guys from Europe and NZ,like @Kiwi Rider and @Berlin Germany :thumbsup:
Rubb.

Back