Pit bull stand?

RDosdorian

Registered
As some of you know, I recently purchased an '06. The guy I purchased it from also gave me a Pit Bull Stand.
F0043-000.jpg

Either I am doing something wrong, or this thing is just hard to use. I understand the basic operation of the stand. As long as someone is around to give a little lifting help (very little), the bike will come up. But by myself... it is near impossible to lift. Should I be using something else? Is there a trick to this?

Any help would be appreciated.

i think you have it backwards, my zuk stands pull the other way.

oldie but goodie pic
DSC00034.jpg

I believe it's easier if the handle is on the right side of the bike pointing backwards. If you have the grab bar on (recommendation) grab it and balance the bike upright (have the bike in gear and the kickstand down). Move the stand in position to hoist via the spools and push the handle on the stand down towards the ground.

That should about do it.

Let us know how it goes.

You have the reverse handle kind , like mine . The forks that grip your spools are adjustable . The lower you have them set , the easier it is to lift . Also , make sure U are pushing down on the handle .....as close to the end as possible .

my_other_baby__.jpg

That is a cool stand. BABUSA has the same one for his RR. I used it in the shop last week...very cool.

I have the rear-style Pitbull. I like it too....but that one is more out of the way.

Pit Bull makes both ......forward and rear stands .This guy has the forward .....some people call it the reverse handle stand .

I learn something new everyday
When I first saw it at the Suzuki shop , I thought ....WTF is that ? The dayum handle is backwards !  
laugh.gif

Actually it's easy to use when U get the hang of it . Instead of being behind the bike during the lift , U can be right beside it .
Oh yeah!..its a damn sweet stand in my opinion...I love mine, safest most secure way there is to get the rear end up. Use it with a Baxley Sport chock and you are TRULY the master of the rear.....
bowdown.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I stand beside the bike and let the side rest against my leg, hold the clutch side bar with my left hand and lift the bike up with my right. It does help to lower the stand as low as it will go. Seems safer than standing behind the bike to me.

Busabashapril06_007_40_.JPG

Back