Pit Bull Stand Question

wuggzwest

Registered
I just got my Pit Bulls in on Friday. For the rear I got the Front SS (Spool and Standard) Lift and for the front I got the Front Fork Lift. I noticed after the first time I used them the part of the stands that touch the ground got scuffed up a bit. I was wondering if I taped them up with electric tape if that would be a good idea for some added protection? Any thoughts, pros or cons? Thanks, Let me know.

IMG00121.jpg

never looked at mine to see if they scuffed, don't really care.... they're stands. I think you're over the top on this one. Don't worry about it.

Agreed, my stands are scratched too. But that is what they are for, support the bike on concrete, or other hard surface. Its going to happen bro.

I did not want the cad plating coming off and exposing the metal to oxidation and put this on the area.

It is merely the "soft" side of sticky back Velco. It is readily available at Home Depot.
You don't have to use as big a piece as I did though, :laugh: I had this size already in the garage.
Bubba

IMG_0341.JPG

IMG_0343.JPG

IMG_0340.JPG

Seriously though... I find it really easy to put the busa up on the rear stand. If the grab bar is installed, great... straighten up the front and then stand just to the rear-left. Have the stand ready...now, using the grab bar, stand the bike upright, gently. When it's balanced, put the rear stand on the spools or swing arm, then push down while pulling back on the grab bar. Easy-peasy.

Now, if the grab bar is not installed, just remove the hump and use the cross-bar where the lock mechanism is; works just as well. :thumbsup:

Seriously though... I find it really easy to put the busa up on the rear stand. If the grab bar is installed, great... straighten up the front and then stand just to the rear-left. Have the stand ready...now, using the grab bar, stand the bike upright, gently. When it's balanced, put the rear stand on the spools or swing arm, then push down while pulling back on the grab bar. Easy-peasy.

Now, if the grab bar is not installed, just remove the hump and use the cross-bar where the lock mechanism is; works just as well. :thumbsup:

+1 :thumbsup:

Definitely helps if you have a little more weight on you though :laugh: I couldn't imagine trying it with my stand and weighing 150lbs.

I stand on the right side of the bike that way I can catch if if I lean it too far over. I don't have the grab bar on; I can reach over the top of the hump and get a good grip on the turn signal mount...

Back