pistons?

JIMMY

Registered
looking to swap out the stock pistons with stock bore, the same or more compression than stock, and i will be spraying it. any ideas as to which ones would be the best to go with?

Wiseco
beerchug.gif

yes je makes a 1397 nitrous piston.I have a set and they are pimp.i can get them if you want some.

I have a set of stock pistons with rings with less than 200 miles on them . The white oxide paint Suzuki puts on the second ring face has not even been worn off .

The OEM ART pistons are pretty stout . If interested you can have them for 75.00 shipped and I'll tell you where things went wrong with the last tune-up that hurt the pistons you had .

I have a new OEM head gasket for 20 bucks additional .

there appears to be no damage to the piston, rings, head or jug. not sure what happened to fill the exhaust with oil, the cylinder and the combustion chamber with oil, i will let you know about the pistons when i figure out what im gonna do, but i think mine are still good, i just dont wanna put it back together until i know what happened.

I have little doubt the rings are fretted and the upper ring lands are beat down out of spec but along with visual inspection , measure everything to verify .

It's also deluxe possible you butted the ring gaps together so look for evidence of that as well .  
The butt end of the rings will be shined and ring gap should be opened up for continued nitrous use beyond aound a 40hp dry dose .

Also look for a broken guide on the exhaust side along with the above . If one or more guides are broken , fix the cause .

(BA BUSA @ Aug. 24 2007,04:01) Wiseco  
beerchug.gif
Yep , agree  with you on the off the shelf forged std bore replacements .

Wiseco 222 grams
JE 239 grams

Wiseco uses contact reduction grooves - JE nope

There's 4-5 more things about the Wiseco std bore I personaly like but , I'm out of ink  
smile.gif

i was thinking about the JE 12.8 1397 kit. and setting the nitrous up the right way with upgrading to a wet syatem and ignition module. hopefully this will be my best bet for keeping NA power up there and spraying safely. any other recomendations are welcome.

Back