Pistons-Yosh

OB_KawAbuser

Registered
Which compression ratio pistons are you considering, Yosh offers two ratios for the stock bore.

There are concerns with starter housings and starter clutch failure with high compression on the Hayabusa, there are a couple of people working on aftermarket products in regards to these issues. Just something to consider $.02

While at the Yosh site I came acrros a piston kit offered for $1200. Does this mean that there is a kit that is reliable? Is this the kit used in there race bike? Would it need to be torn down at the end of each season? Can any kit be run hard for 8K miles and be reliable, or am I just dreaming?

Frank I have TWO Busa's.
One with the JE pistons, Web Cams,PCII, ect. and NO nitrous.
The other has a Stock motor air box mod,Pipe,PCII and Nitrous

Turbo Rick

KawAbuser I think the reason some people are having problems with the starter parts is that they are starting the bike too lean and the motor wants to kick back.
On the PCII you would add fuel in the 500 rpm range

Turbo Rick

You can put more Hp in a motor and it can live for along time.

But the more Hp you put into a motor, the dependability goes away.

The current 1330 & 1360 applications should survive well.

It really depends on the builder! The more compression thats built into a motor, the lesser life it will have.

The Hayabusa does not need high compression to obtain Hp.

Frank

How about stock bore with JE High Compression pistons with web cams? What can be expected with this? Will this effect the reliability that you were speaking of?

No sir, it shouldn't...

I believe TurboRick uses a comb close to that...

He's crackin it with 80hp Nitrous the last I heard.

TurboRick, Isn't the one with the JE piston's stock bore?

I think thats what we were talking about up above here....(stock bore JE's)

Turbo Rick, thank you for the insight, and your solution to the starter issues. What compression are your pistons?

I asked Yosh USA in September about their piston kits and the story offered was that they have seen problems with the starter clutch and the splines on the crank ends with higher compression. I have also seen a broken case and gear set from the "kickback". I am just offering what I have seen and heard from reliable sources.

Back