Pinging Orlando (FL) Hoons!

Judging by the underwhelming response I'm beginning to wonder if there's any Orlando Busa riders?

Orlando Hoons...

The Trade Show is over.

Tonight is the night we've planned on, so I'll call each of you (thanks for the numbers)

I'm staying at the DoubleTree (10100 International Drive). What say...like 6p or something for dinner?

Probably be a good idea to plan to eat here at the hotel, since the truck (and trailer I'm pulling) will be rigged and ready to hit the Interstate 1st thing tomorrow morning.

Look forward to meeting you guys/gals. :beerchug:

Scar

I dont get on here much anymore. Sorry I missed this post. I wish I got email notifications when I had a new mssg on here....hmmm

I dont get on here much anymore. Sorry I missed this post. I wish I got email notifications when I had a new mssg on here....hmmm

No problem...RusherIV and I had a very nice lunch...I snapped a couple of pix...and he was off; into the rain.

Will report later, but sorry to have missed you.

PS: There IS a way you can 'subscribe' to certain threads and new posts will alert in your e-mail in-box...:whistle: For example; when you posted the foregoing, it appeared in my in-box and I immediately came here to correspond with you!

Hope you had a great weekend!:beerchug:

How I came to meet Scar.
3/20 Send text to ResidentEvil, hadn’t heard from him in a couple of weeks so I figured I’d check in to see if he had any riding plans. He replies that one of the .oRg members is passing through Orlando Sunday, that he was riding out to have lunch. I told him I was free and asked who the member might be? To which he responds “Scarâ€. Later that evening I search the forum and find Scar’s post about being in town.

3/25 Send text to ResidentEvil; What time are riding out Sunday? After some chatter about the Leesburg Bikefest in April, we agree on 10:00am for Sunday.

3/26 I check Scar’s post to see if there’s anyone else has posted that might be riding over and see that someone is already crying about the weather. :rofl:

3/28 10:00am Pull up at ResidentEvil’s place, no bike and no ResidentEvil. Odd? So I’m sitting there patiently waiting and BAM, out of nowhere Lilly approaches me presenting a copy of the WatchTower. We talk faith for a little bit, she complements my bike and as quickly as she appeared she was gone. About 10:07 I start calling, voicemail. 10:11 ResidentEvil calls back says he’s not riding, thunderstorms blah blah blah. :poke:

So my initial thought was “Damn, I was really set on riding and now it looks like it’s back to the house.†About a mile or two down the road I get this feeling. Maybe it was talking with Lilly earlier, I don’t know but I’m like screw it! I turn the bike toward I-4 and away I go. Turns out, I was the only one from FL from the .oRg has ventured out for lunch and no one had made plans with Scar for dinner.

All I can say is that it was well worth the ride, even with the hour ½ ride home in the heavy downpour and lightning. Do it again? You betcha! :thumbsup:

Rusher: Definitely good to meet you, as well!

Thanks for lunch. I'm really grateful for your foray into the downpour. Most would not have ventured forward the way you did.

You represented Florida well in my Grand Road Trip schedule.

I met Jet Li in Pensacola yesterday mid-day and we spent a couple hours over lunch near Pensacola Beach (pix to follow). What a great guy. We had a blast.

I got to Alabama last night and met with BoB and LABusa...found a place to park the mondo trailer then went to dinner... More fantastic times. Talk about feeling like family. Warmly welcomed and completely comfortable.

It's a great trip...thanks in great part, to you. :beerchug:

Do it again? You betcha!

Last edited:
Back