PING: TufBusa (confidence building)

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
ok, so the bike obviously the bike can do more than most guys think it can.. what is the best way to push the confidence level up on cornering angles..

I seem to have hit some kind of mental wall here.. I am pretty sure I am not at max lean angles but am having heck of a time going any further..

How can I get that last bit out of the thing that I know is there but for some reason can not get too?

I do find myself getting further off the bike and adjusting through the corners to get less lean angle on any given corner.. Just can not get myself to push the bike over that last bit.. grrrrrrr

my third track day is coming up and I have some goals in mind.. :)

Last edited:
Bogus I know this went out to Tuf but I can give you my thoughts as I am in the same boat bro and all the answers that have been given to me are seat time and more trackdays to up your comfort level

Bogus I know this went out to Tuf but I can give you my thoughts as I am in the same boat bro and all the answers that have been given to me are seat time and more trackdays to up your comfort level
That is totally unacceptable... I want a magic bullet, the epiphany that brings success.... man my sails just went flat.... (also feeling like a slow learner)

That is totally unacceptable... I want a magic bullet, the epiphany that brings success.... man my sails just went flat.... (also feeling like a slow learner)

Your not a slow learner Bro I have a few trackdays under the old belt and it just seams that I am at a point were I have a mental block and just can not for some reason put the bike were I need it to be to get that knee down I have spoken with all my trackday instructors and they say my form is good it is just going to take a few more trackdays to up the comfort level. Hell even Michael (MPH200) tells me the same thing. I am like you I want the Magic Pill Bro :laugh:

Here is a Pic from my last Trackday

IMG_2646.jpg

Last edited:
Focus on body position, traction and points of interest in each corner. Practice and more practice will get you there. Some people I have ridden with don't really trust their bikes as much as they should. If you are going back to that same track get a track map. Plan out and visuallize every corner as if you are really riding it. Plan all of your entry and exit points. Mark all of your apex points. The better you know the track, the easier it is go ride with more confidence. Just my .02.
Posted via Mobile Device

ok thanks... guess I just need to keep working it then... I just have to work past that "how low can you go" thing before the wheels come off....

Focus on body position, traction and points of interest in each corner. Practice and more practice will get you there. Some people I have ridden with don't really trust their bikes as much as they should. If you are going back to that same track get a track map. Plan out and visuallize every corner as if you are really riding it. Plan all of your entry and exit points. Mark all of your apex points. The better you know the track, the easier it is go ride with more confidence. Just my .02.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes, the one thing I did was stay with one track so far.. Figured I had enough to learn without throwing new tracks at myself.. Will stay here until I get the fundamentals down better..

Took me 30 laps just to get the track memorized to where I was repeating things from lap to lap (felt really good too btw) I know I am still at 70% or so but that last 30 is a real hurdle..

ok thanks... guess I just need to keep working it then... I just have to work past that "how low can you go" thing before the wheels come off....

Bogus work on Body postion and Entry Speed before working on the Bold text :poke: It will come in time or so I have been told

Last edited:
It's called growing bigger balls Randy!! :laugh:

I will fwd this thread to his personal Email to make sure he responds dude!

If you drive like a sissy, you will never have to worry about that happening to you Adam...
there is no water on the track!

I know everybody goes down at one time or another but most times when a person goes down it is rider error not riding like a sissy :poke: Oh and I do not ride like a sissy on the TRACK

Things will start grinding just before the tires break loose.
Posted via Mobile Device
oh now that just made me feel much better :laugh: I am not sure what touches the ground first on the bike either (Vortex rearsets went on last trip)
It's called growing bigger balls Randy!! :laugh:

I will fwd this thread to his personal Email to make sure he responds dude!
ya know the "bigger huevos" is certainly the center of the issue but I do not want to throw the bike down.. if I was on dirt? not a problem and if it was a track bike? I might have less worry about throwing a bike in the trash.. fine line..

Bogus work on Body postion and Entry Speed before working on the Bold text :poke: It will come in time or so I have been told
entry speeds are tough for me.. I am coming into the corners too slow (braking too early) so I guess that is going to be my target issue this trip.. later braking, more entry speed to force my lean angle to stay on line?

I know everybody goes down at one time or another but most times when a person goes down it is rider error not riding like a sissy :poke: Oh and I do not ride like a sissy on the TRACK
Track has hurt my street riding.. (well at least made me a lot more wary) got used to just pitching the bike on the track with no fear of garbage on the road surface and really pushing the tires harder than I normally would.... (kind of figured this would happen on daily commute) :laugh:

Last edited:
Just reading Tuff,s threads and talking with him at the bash sure did help me. and trusting the bike, i new the bike could do it and i new in my head i could do it, and then it happened.

Just reading Tuff,s threads and talking with him at the bash sure did help me. and trusting the bike, i new the bike could do it and i new in my head i could do it, and then it happened.
Yea I sat there with Kevin for a bit while you hammed it up for the photog on the dragon... :) (show off)

Yea I sat there with Kevin for a bit while you hammed it up for the photog on the dragon... :) (show off)

Hey you would have been doing the same thing if you had just started getting a knee down the day before like i did, it was to much fun to stop, and once you do it, it is so easy you want to make sure that you do it several times to get the feel of it and then it is just an addiction from then on. :thumbsup:

Randy, I am having the same problem. I'm really not afraid of getting hurt (too stupid) just worried about trashing my only ride. I think with a track bike I'd not worry so much. I don't know enough to know when I'm feeling the tires may be near letting go, or not. I've been afraid of grinding that dang case slider which might cause something to lose traction (took care of that over the weekend so I won't have that in the back of my mind anymore).

I do now have me a location (see other posts) that I think has the asphalt, curve, lean, etc., to allow me to safely get down low, now I think it's just practice and a jedei mind trick to force it on over....

Would like to see what Steven has to say; we've talked about it some, glad to see I'm not alone.

Last edited:
Also the reason i was doing it so much was because the more you do it the more confidence it inspires. :thumbsup:

Back