Finding the confidence...

Honestly I'd like to see you try it. You do any better and I'll shake your hand. Thing is, even if you lived in Ga. you wouldn't have the sack. Guy openly states he screwed up and you feel like you gotta take a swing at me from across the nation? Piles like you just live to be an attentionwhore.

Let me know when you wanna give it a try, or for that matter just go hit some twisties or a track with me one day. But you really should pull your head out of your ass and realize sometimes talent level has nothing to do with the right circumstances.

I suppose the guy that slides in oil or coolant ran out of talent? How about when the mid turn sand is the same color as the pavement? Left turners? Hmm? Sometimes crap just happens to us, but you don't know me or my talent level, that I promise.

Honestly I'd like to see you try it. You do any better and I'll shake your hand. Thing is, even if you lived in Ga. you wouldn't have the sack. Guy openly states he screwed up and you feel like you gotta take a swing at me from across the nation? Piles like you just live to be an attentionwhore.

Let me know when you wanna give it a try, or for that matter just go hit some twisties or a track with me one day. But you really should pull your head out of your ass and realize sometimes talent level has nothing to do with the right circumstances.

I suppose the guy that slides in oil or coolant ran out of talent? How about when the mid turn sand is the same color as the pavement? Left turners? Hmm? Sometimes crap just happens to us, but you don't know me or my talent level, that I promise.

If you can't keep it up on two wheels in the dark, I don't think you'll be much competition. I'd be thrilled to get a little play time on the track with you :cheerleader:

Your talent level has nothing to do with your crash. It's the fact that you exceeded your talent level and ended up in the bushes! And I've been around long enough to know, if you really did have talent you wouldn't be boasting about it.

And by the way it's MR. SKIPPY to you :lol:

Well Mr. Skippy c'mon down.

I will say this, now that I'm on a Buell you'll be an absolute shoe in.....to turn one.

- ZX-14 DonFlyDone.wmv[/url]

1. Look way out ahead.
2. Slow and Smooth = Fastest move.

Best place to learn the, 'Art of the Apex' is to practice-practice-practice... You do not need a closed course track to be smooth. Though I goof on a member being scared of the bike with the throttle mods, he is reinstalling them; I'm more goofing on the PC and some lean condition I need to use a fuel cutter and this bike is lean/mean/get the &^%$ out the way, I'll mow you down, kind of wet behind the ears, you just ride as smooth ass you can.

To show you WOT die mean, lay your eyes all the way out at the horizon. Watch how the smooth starts to settle in, the ribbon of the road becomes more a straight line is the goal to smoothing.

YOu do not need some track to run slow and smooth. You need an abandon road with a lot of turns so you can apex the straight out of them. :rulez:

:moon: Check my guy co'zzzzz is confidence all the way up or say, 'it's all downhill from here.'

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell me what's wrong with this pic and ask me about nerves.
133983165_RvUVD-L-1.jpg

Beg to differ that one Skippy, you weren't there, so don't dare judge me..

Thing is, even if you lived in Ga. you wouldn't have the sack. Piles like you just live to be an attentionwhore.

Let me know when you wanna give it a try, or for that matter just go hit some twisties or a track with me one day. But you really should pull your head out of your ass.

Okeedookee! Since you seem to have no clue when you are ahead, let Mr. Skippy help you with your first question "What's wrong with this picture"! Take a close look, pictures tell a story and they never lie. I went back through your posts looking for additional photos and as far as I know you have two track day pictures, both taken on the same day. This tells me you have one track day under your belt. If you had two track days, you'd have more photos.

I believe you stated in a different thread you were at damn near full throttle in second gear in this photo. That is completely false and let me share with you what makes me think so. You knuckles on your throttle hand is around 2:00, this means your throttle is closed. I also know this because you are leaned at around 30 degrees and the forks are compressed and your fingers are off the brake. You are without question, coasting through the corner. Novice mistake! Bikes hate coasting through corners.

Your bum is off the seat and your upper body is still up over the tank. Another Novice sign. We call this "Tank Racing"!

You are sitting straight up on your bike with the throttle arm straight and stiff. Throttle control is out of the question in that position. Your arm should be bent at the elbow with your forearm resting on the tank.

You mention in more than one thread about dragging your knee yet your puck is shining like the northern star without a scratch. :dunno: I'd suggest you read this thread carefully Linky! I wrote that thread for guys just like yourself to help them speed up the knee dragging thing.

It appears to me you have the clipons raised? If so, that's certainly not an advantage for track use.

I read your posts on suspension and I really couldn't make heads or tails out of your ramblings? So I can't comment on how well or poorly your suspension worked, but in the novice group its not a major issue.

In a previous thread you mentioned you were doing 35 mph when you crashed and in this thread you were doing 40 on a 60 degree corner. If I were you, I would have kept that getoff to myself. Even the beginner novice guys can make that with ease.

I was actually born and raised in Georgia and I have a second home there. I'll be down a bit later in the summer to spend some time at Barber with my buds. Maybe you'd like to bring your buel and join us since I'll be a shoe in? :welcome: Would love to have you! Bring your wallet! :whistle:

First track day and my right knee was the size of a honeydew melon. Had a mild effect on being able to move around. Hell it was hard to walk.

Glad you went through all of my posts, I feel loved.

Again, first track day, pretty early too. My pucks are just fine thank you. Plus any ass can drag their knees, fast is a whole nother thing. Been to some other track days but frankly buying pics didn't matter as much after the first one.

Corner is T5 at Roebling Road, surely you know it like the back of your hand. Past apex with a deep grip so I can get more out of the gas.

That bike was an all arounder. The bar risers made it fit my long waisted 6'3" frame better. The few days prior were spent making sure I was able to still make the day, taking the risers off was last on my mind. And Busas don't have clip ons. Seems you would know better, master of all that you are.

Anyhow hope you had fun and may the good Lord smile on you.

Last edited:
Trackdays are for practice, learning and fun. There is no "racing" on a trackday, no trophy, no prize, no first place. Anyone who thinks trackdays will equal a crash is closed minded and untalented IMO. Yes you can crash but you have a higher probability of doing that on public roads. Ride at a track where it is safer to learn from experienced professionals.

You will never be the fastest person there and you might not even be the slowest. The busa is super stable and a trackday is a great place to learn how to ride your bike and what you can do on it. I was not draggin my knee till my third trackday but even after the first one I was a MUCH better street rider.

OK if you don't want to do a trackday then ride behind a better rider. Look at his body position, leaning, etc when he gets in and out of turns. Then have him ride behind you so he can tell you what he sees.

First track day and my right knee was the size of a honeydew melon. Had a mild effect on being able to move around. Hell it was hard to walk.

Glad you went through all of my posts, I feel loved.

Again, first track day, pretty early too. My pucks are just fine thank you. Plus any ass can drag their knees, fast is a whole nother thing. Been to some other track days but frankly buying pics didn't matter as much after the first one.

Corner is T5 at Roebling Road, surely you know it like the back of your hand. Past apex with a deep grip so I can get more out of the gas.

That bike was an all arounder. The bar risers made it fit my long waisted 6'3" frame better. The few days prior were spent making sure I was able to still make the day, taking the risers off was last on my mind. And Busas don't have clip ons. Seems you would know better, master of all that you are.

Anyhow hope you had fun and may the good Lord smile on you.

The moral of the story my friend is, if you are going to boast and talk smack, be sure you know your subject matter. Don't try to pissin my ear and tell me it's raining. It ain't gonna work! :beerchug:

Now that we have a good understanding of each other, you are cordially invited to join us later this summer for a day or two at Barber. Guaranteed to have fun!! Your buel will be ideal for that track! :beerchug:

I would not worry about 3/4 inch chicken strips. Who cares how big they are? Your doing fine with 3/4 inch strips. You don't have to drive like a racer, especially on the street. If you do tracks days that's different. Have Fun!

Back