*Ping* Militant Smokers

Nope not by myself...

But it was the 3rd bash in a row I stayed and helped DNgrumpy, Gixerhp, and Mike pick up the mess before hauling azz... we always commented on the butts but it got forgotten by the next bash..

Busa159 brought up a good idea of to clean up of the overlook too... looks like a giant ash tray.. Could go along with the "Adopt" a section roadway in Kevins honor thing that was brought up earlier..

Maybe someone a bit less hostile will bring a gas powered blower, we tried brooms and rakes but they did not work in the coarse gravel..

(btw, what do you care? I thought I was on your silly ignore list?) :laugh:

Yeah, I'm hostile. Add that to the list of names that you have called me. I know, I know this "kid needs to grow up" :rofl:

In re: "SMOKERS MILITANT GROUP"

Maybe I should be added. I smoke non filter Camels and believe that a long as there are places where I can't smoke, non smokers should have places where they (have) to smoke. How's that???:poke::laugh:

What's the point? The anti-smokers dont like smokers. Fine. Fukk off. I dont tell you how to live, so you can stop telling me how I should live. Now go change your tampons and quit whining like a little 12 year old girl.

Amen brother. I mean, people seem to think its fine to pi$$ and moan about someone smoking, because it offends them. Fine, be offended. Maybe the fact that you're overweight/rude/ugly/cant control your kids/etc offends me.

The reason I dont point it out though is because im not a whiner.

If you dont like smoking, thats fine, dont smoke. And shut your hole. Last I checked it isnt illegal to smoke, so im going to continue to do it. If it bothers you, go elsewhere. I promise my feelings wont be hurt.

Oh, and as for the new cigarette tax? how about they start taxing junk food, candy, and fast food too? because any argument you make about cigs you can also make about any of those things.

amen brother. I mean, people seem to think its fine to pi$$ and moan about someone smoking, because it offends them. Fine, be offended. Maybe the fact that you're overweight/rude/ugly/cant control your kids/etc offends me.

The reason i dont point it out though is because im not a whiner.

If you dont like smoking, thats fine, dont smoke. And shut your hole. Last i checked it isnt illegal to smoke, so im going to continue to do it. If it bothers you, go elsewhere. I promise my feelings wont be hurt.

Oh, and as for the new cigarette tax? How about they start taxing junk food, candy, and fast food too? Because any argument you make about cigs you can also make about any of those things.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Amen brother. I mean, people seem to think its fine to pi$$ and moan about someone smoking, because it offends them. Fine, be offended. Maybe the fact that you're overweight/rude/ugly/cant control your kids/etc offends me.

The reason I dont point it out though is because im not a whiner.

If you dont like smoking, thats fine, dont smoke. And shut your hole. Last I checked it isnt illegal to smoke, so im going to continue to do it. If it bothers you, go elsewhere. I promise my feelings wont be hurt.

Oh, and as for the new cigarette tax? how about they start taxing junk food, candy, and fast food too? because any argument you make about cigs you can also make about any of those things.
I think I would stop and read the first post again.. I do not think anyone said a word about your right to smoke... no? not sure why sam is on the rag all of a sudden, the post was kind of tongue in cheek to start with... yet we stroll off the deep end with the FO stuff... :laugh:

Last edited:
Oh, and I almost forgot....ive been hit with FAR more candy wrappers that the fatties throw out the windows than I have cigarette butts.

Funny how someone wants to lump a smoker in with a litterbug, isn't it? personally, I throw mine in the ash tray, then empty my ash tray into my trash can the day before pickup. Pretty simple, actually.

I think I would stop and read the first post again.. I do not think anyone said a word about your right to smoke... no?

Im responding to the discussion as it has progressed. sorry if it offended you.

Oh, and I addressed the original point in my following post.:beerchug:

Ooh God, what did I start with my "time to quit thread?" :whistle:
BTW, throwing butts out on the facility's of the places we are renting at the bash is plain B/S.. That I dont do!:rulez:

jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.... i need a smoke now... be back soon!
can i throw the bud in toilet?:laugh:

Ooh God, what did I start with my "time to quit thread?" :whistle:
BTW, throwing butts out on the facility's of the places we are renting at the bash is plain B/S.. That I dont do!:rulez:
I really doubt anyone really thought about it that much.. What has happened is that it takes a couple hours to load up the kitchen (Sunday morning after most are already gone) that Dave and John bring.. as we clear that mess, the other mess gets really apparent and so everyone that is standing there starts cleaning.. Sam just happened to be there the last time (why his sarcasm about "by yourself")..

It already takes the Phillips a full extra day to open up after we leave due to the crowd we bring (Ms Reba told us) .. So we were just trying to pitch in was all.. Now it has turned into some stupid attitude that we are attacking the smokers... sheeesh...

so no big deal... we will just do it again this year but I have an idea it will not be so bad this time..

now can I have a pass on one roll of the TP? :laugh:

Funny how someone wants to lump a smoker in with a litterbug, isn't it? personally, I throw mine in the ash tray, then empty my ash tray into my trash can the day before pickup. Pretty simple, actually.[/QUOTE]

It is simple.

This thread was about people throwing butts out the window...that is littering. I use my ash tray to put my candy wrappers in...so I guess we are the same.:beerchug:

Wow, well this went where I thought it would...

Personally, I have nothing against smokers...hell, I fight FOR their rights to smoke because as their rights dwindle, so do all Americans' rights...but I digress...the ORIGINAL question only seemed to revolve around tossing your lit butts from vehicles; talk about a thread taking a left turn at Albuquerque...

The pent up anger around here is getting thick...let it ALL go guys, and have some fun at the Bash...smokers, non-smokers, you wanna pull someone's finger, I don't care, just leave this crap at the door... :rulez:

Wait VA I never got an answer as to why smokers thing it is ok to throw them out the window...

I don't care if you smoke, I like a cigar once in a blue moon but it would never occur to me to toss it out the window.

Wait VA I never got an answer as to why smokers thing it is ok to throw them out the window...

I don't care if you smoke, I like a cigar once in a blue moon but it would never occur to me to toss it out the window.

...and you likely won't...there's a lot of PMS around here lately :whistle:

I thought I was the only one allowed to PMS...it's in the :rulez:

I don't like the competition :lol:

I will agree with Bogus that the mess at the Phillips was EXTREMELY uncalled for. The smokers, myself included need to remember to use the butt buckets. There are enough around and if there aren't, I'm sure Reba has some more we can get. :beerchug:

here is your answer, it is not a good thing to throw the butts out the window or into streets or front yard just like it is not a good thing for alot of things, so call your congressman or senator and tell them to make it illegal to do so with heavy fine. hope you got your answer you have been waiting for!:thumbsup:
now i have to go for another smoke and i will use my ashtray in my garage !:thumbsup:

i don't throw my butts out the window or on the ground, i pinch off the cherry and put the filter in my right back pocket (as anyone who has roomed with me at a MnG and has seen me unload that pocket at the end of the day can attest to)

i don't use the ashtray in my cage because that is where i put my change :beerchug:

Back