*PING* Hot weather riders

UR IT!

MIDNIGHT FALCON
Donating Member
Registered
I just moved to Phoenix a couple of weeks ago and I want to ride as long into the heat as possible...Any tips/mods etc.? I was thinking a Muzzy fan and engine ice...but I don't know if that's enough to beat the heat.
AAAssjani.gif
AAAssjani.gif

AAAssjani.gif

I did the muzzy fan and it's a snap. I have been reading about engine ice, but I'm not sure about that. I live in Fl so we have a different kind of heat
tounge.gif
- but I do recommend the muzzy.

For the bike I would think the Muzzy fan would definitely help. Don't know about the Engine Ice. For you I would say carry water when riding and wear a ventilated jacket. Lived in Arizona for 2-1/2 years and it got very warm in the summer, so be careful.

Yeah I'm set with the jacket, I wear a Joe Rocket mesh, it feels like your just wearing a t-shirt...The Muzzy fan I've heard is a must, but I've heard mixed things about engine ice.

They need to invent an air conditioned cooling system for the busa. Now that would rock!
egitarre77.gif

Yeah I'm set with the jacket, I wear a Joe Rocket mesh, it feels like your just wearing a t-shirt...The Muzzy fan I've heard is a must, but I've heard mixed things about engine ice.

They need to invent an air conditioned cooling system for the busa. Now that would rock!
egitarre77.gif
You mean you didn't order AC on your Busa
rock.gif
tounge.gif

Darn! And I thought I ordered this thing loaded to the hilt!
mad.gif

I would do the Muzzy fan, engine Ice, a lower temp thermostat, and for gear lighter colors in a breathable type material. And try to carry water at all times, a Camel back works great and you can get a drink while your still riding.

like has already been said, plenty of water and "breathable" gear. For the bike, do the fan- then just keep it moving and you should be allright. Then you will also want to invest in some cleaning gear, might get a bit ripe while your sweating for long periods of time.

I would say the Muzzy fan and engine Ice, I've heard good things about both. In addition to the fan you can insatll a switch so you can turn the fan on and off when you need to. Also try to steer clear of stop and go traffic if at all possible, got to keep that air moving.
biggrin.gif

I'll vouch for the Muzzy fan and Engine Ice-- Dave use to be on the sight he's the owner of engine ice. I used it and noticed major improvement in running temp. You can also add an additional fan. I've got one off another Suzuk 600/750/1000 not sure which one exactly -but it can mount on the right side of your radiator with a seprate switch. If you want it let me know and you can have it for the shipping charge which i would imagine will be about $10. I was gonna add to my baby--before it got stolen
mad.gif

But while i'm working on another bike proect the wife has me cleaning out the garage-. Anyway if you want it its yours for the shipping charge.

I'll vouch for the Muzzy fan and Engine Ice-- Dave use to be on the sight he's the owner of engine ice. I used it and noticed major improvement in running temp. You can also add an additional fan. I've got one off another Suzuk 600/750/1000 not sure which one exactly -but it can mount on the right side of your radiator with a seprate switch. If you want it let me know and you can have it for the shipping charge which i would imagine will be about $10. I was gonna add to my baby--before it got stolen
mad.gif

But while i'm working on another bike proect the wife has me cleaning out the garage-. Anyway if you want it its yours for the shipping charge.
Thanks dezzy! I'll take that....just gotta figure out how to mount it. With the ice does it run cooler or just not jump up over halfway as much?

Also does anyone have a link to a good deal on the Muzzy fan?

Nevermind ....I just do a search I know I've seen one or to on here before..

Thanks for the help.....dezzy you got a pm coming.

Dan

Muzzy fan and camel back with ice in it.... they sell this ice tray that makes the cubes elongated so they fit into a water bottle, well they also fit in the camel back... I usually put enough ice to fill the bag and then put in some water.... I also wear the camel back just above my Tshirt and under my mesh jacket... keeps me cool (sometimes chilling) and I have water the whole trip... just my .02

<!--EDIT|MrGxr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111355463 -->

I have the Muzzy fan and using Engine Ice. In Daytona there were a number of Busa's red lights coming on. I was between DREW and Kevin Kessler. DREW'S guage was in the red with the light on, Kevins was near or at the red, mine was right in the middle between "normal" (half way) and the beginning of the red. If I raised the rpm's with the fan running the temp would come down. I'd have to say they work.

Mike

Thanks!

Anybody got a link to where I could buy that fan......I can't find one:angry:

ive always worn my leather jacket and such (not leather pants though) in the summers.. but then again, i work 3rd shift (2000-0600), so heat isnt AS big of an issue

Back