**PING CAPTAIN**

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Captain,

I've got this message several times tonight. Is it really a busy server problem or is it something else wrong? When it does this it says I'm not signed in. The thing is I am. I had to click New Topic several times to make this thread. Got this message several times and finally got the New Thread box. Had this happen a few times a week or so ago, too.

Just thought I'd pass it on in case it's something else. Thought you might like to know. Let me know if it really is just a busy server and I won't worry about it anymore.

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079402116 -->

message.jpg

Guys go check out the active users list (It was almost at the record 74 just a few minutes ago).  I think the NICK vid might have been one of the most downloaded Busa videos ever today - can't wait to hear about those stats....  
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Let 'er eat!
Reason for Edit: "added the 74 part"|1079403170 -->

it seems liek i have been getting it fairly often lately.. just means lots of people are using the site at the same time.. which is good.. and bad at the same time I guess.. no biggie thoguh.. I just normally chill for a few and hit it again.

it only happens when Captain is loading the server while transferring 10,000+ photos, or other large files.

its his server, and he'll hoar if he wants to!!!
biggrin.gif

Well here is where we are..... The site has grown a lot over the past 2 years just ask Narcissus. Narc and I used to be the only two that posted on this silly board and now there is about 30 - 50 members on the board at a time. The gallery over time has increased too from 20 pics of my freshly washed and polished stock 2000 busa to over 11,000 pics in two years....... We are running some great servers here quad proc 16 gig ram the works but its time to split them from 3 to 4 servers. I will do my best to get this done this week...... We are getting hammered in the gallery by other countries, many dont read english so the board is use less them but everyone can see pics... The gallery has been taking a beating in the last month and I dont want the board to slow down or even worse drive folks away so I will get on this ASAP........

Thanks for letting me know... I can't fix what I don't know is broken... I sit 3 feet from the servers so it all seems fast to me
laugh.gif

CAp

I need to do a little reorganization but I think that I can swing it. I really really really need to get some new ECC RAM for the compaq servers soon though.

Hey, no sweat captain. Just wanted to make sure it was really just busy servers and not some other sort of board glitch. Not complainin', man, just makin' sure it wasn't somethin' else you might need to know about.
wink.gif

Back