Pics Of Rev's Lady, Same old Bra

Hey Rev, your bike looks sharp with those pipes. I think they would look good on my Annibusa too. I might have to go that route...
Be sure to check out Loboboy's pics in Classifieds, under Akro's for sale thread.  He posted a few shots of just what you are talking about.

Rev

Here's the link:

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078513487 -->

I was going to get those from loboboy but got killed by insurance. Anyway, looks great and I'm sure they sound even better.

smile.gif

Very very nice. You know we never really get tired at looking at pictures of Busa's. BUt those pipes look particularly nice on the '02 LE. Very nice.

I would love to hear them. It is always interesting to hear the subtle differences between brands and styles of pipes.

Hey rev.......Schweet dude!  Now come over to MN and get my bike all shiny like that!!!
Well Sled, How about I just let you in on my "TOP SECRET" cleaning technique...  "Pro Honda Spray Polish and Cleaner" and "Plexus".  I use 3-m Micro-Fibre type cloths and nothing else.

Yup, she has only been washed with water once.  Otherwise it's just 10-15 minutes here and there.  You have to be real careful and not use the same cloths over to large of an area, you know just to be certain you do not track trapped dirt and scratch the crap out of it but otherwise it seems to be working thus far...

But BLACK IS A BEEEYOTCH, especially with Suzuki's special "Warm Butter" type of paint hardness.....

smile.gif

Lookin' sweet bro. Those look perfect on Lilah. Don't think you could find cans that would look any better. Congrats on the latest mod.
super.gif

VERY schweet and clean...where do you get this "plexus" and 3m cloths and what is plexus? I'm embarrassed how mine looks...
sad.gif

She's a beaut, ya should be proud...but NO reflectors?
biggrin.gif

LQQKIN great RV!! Looks like you got all that salt, sand, snow and mud off your bike... oh wait! You FLORIDA FREAK!!! I HATE YOU!! -- in a loving way
biggrin.gif
That all black look if 'phat'!

Thanks all, I am totally pleased. Surprised sort of, I mean, I expected to like them and how they sounded... But these go way beyond what I was thinking... They are easily some of the best built best finished cans I have ever seen and the sounds these things make are just... well deep and growly....

I know they are just slip on's and as you would expect my "Finely Tuned Model 71 SOTP Dyno" tells me that I might have gained about 1, maybe 2 HP... With a tail wind?
rock.gif
About what I would expect... No Regrets... On the way home from work today I went the route I usually take, but it was different today, the crowd at the carwash actually looked up... I nearly fell over... basically I do not think pipes will save my life, but they do get me noticed in traffic, I see heads swivelling around trying to figure out just what in the hell is making that noise...

Thanks again Folks....

FAST IN PHOENIX, Plexus should be available at you dealer or online, it's a pretty darned sweet plexiglass, acrylic cleaner. I use it on my Windscreens, face shields, signals, tail and brake lights. It works great, the 3-M cloths are available from most any Autoparts store or Bed Bath & Beyond... They are really handy, super soft, and thus far have not added too many scratches to my bike....

Rev,

They look great! (of course) Akra makes some great looking carbon pipes. I acutally think they have perfected their carbon design. It just doesn't fade unless you totally neglect it or leave it out in the sun 24-7.

My buddy I ride with just about every weekend bought those about 4 months ago. I absolutely LOVE the sound when he cracks open the throttle! They give of nice deep growl starting out down low in the powerband and just get louder as you climb up! They don't "whine" alot like many of the single full exhaust set ups I have heard. Great choice on a great pipe.

Also just FYI, your butt dyno is accurate. He got his busa dynoed before and after the install on the same day; 1.4 hp gain. I little bit more down low 2+, but 1.4 at peak hp.

I know you will enjoy 'em. -Bill

Back