Rev and Raider hit the twisties again....

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
I got back about 2 hours ago from a 3 hour ride with RaiderDM.  We had a great ride, weather was sorta hit and miss though,
smile.gif
it was only about 75 degrees out, there was all of this Sunshine... and then as you whistle through these country roads you get all these annoying Orange Blossom smells, followed by sweet grasses, and blooming trees... Man, so much perfume in the air today, made it hard to focus...  Roaring through these oak lined country roads at about 90mph, leaning into 35mph sweepers at 80mph, listening to the exhaust growl of two busa's in formation...good stuff.  Hit 165 or so once, speedo indicated about 177 anyway, then finished it all off with some lane splitting on the interstate coming home at about 120....  Ahh, that was some good stuff...

It wasn't a 500 mile trip across the Rockies, but mile for mile some seriously pretty roads, devoid of cops.  Really good stuff.  The Busa really steps into it's own out there, highspeed cruising, mixed with a variety of fast sweepers and some 20mph 90degree corners.  Damn good stuff.

Rev

Yeah, I know...But I thought I would take my last shot at rubbing in the sweet Florida weather... Before you all have to listen to me bitch all summer about it being too damn hot!

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1080531115 -->

Sounds like a great ride. Your description reminds me of a ride I took last summer. On I-75, north of Chattanooga, there is a place called Monteagle Mountain ("good `ol Rocky Top"). The road up the mountain (from Chat.) is excellent with very high-speed sweepers and I was moving out briskly in light traffic. As I eased through the gentle turns at 110 or so, I came upon the rear of a new, high-end Mercedes sports car (don't know which model) that was also enjoying the sweepers at about 90. When he saw me closing from behind, he let it rip. I followed him for a little while at about 120 through the awesome sweepers and then I couldn't resist anymore. You should have seen his face when I blew by him leaned waaaay over in the right lane.. Mr. Mercedes, meet Mr. Hayabusa. It was one of those classic moments!  
tounge.gif

Back