Hit some familar twisties on the K6 yesterday.

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
So I got it worked out.. in 6th gear I can get to 100mph and stay within my 6500 rpm break-in zone.  Yep I go by the book and work hard at varying speed.

100 mph is plenty for some familar roads I hit yesterday.   I still feel shaky on the K6 but its getting better...I am sure that after break-in (1000 miles) I will feel right @ home.
I kept getting into these corners I know @ 'Busa speeds' thinking 'hey, I can go faster'...the Gixxer just wanted it.
So on my first run over some twisities I have hit nearly 100 times if not more I rode faster then I have before.

Now I was not by any means pushing anything...I was just merely going with the flow of things.   God its nice not to have to slow down for a corner hardly at all.
smile.gif

Speaking of slowing down...
The brakes on this thing are just incredible...ive never experienced anything like it.

I hit a K-Mart back lot yesterday as well and did some testing ..umm damn.    A few times I grabbed a handful and had the back end come up a few inches.
biggrin.gif

Welp I gotta get to work...:)

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127572236 -->

smile.gif

congrats! Glad your liking it.

I couldn't find the :green with envy smiley:

Congrats man! After I get the wifey a new horse trailer....maybe I'll pick one up too:p
Won't get rid of the bus tho....I like the comfort too much!

Thanks Ego and MJN.

Mark..you can take it for a ride next time I see you.

More good stories about that bike! Glad you are enjoying it.

Hey James, congrats on the new ride. You'll really enjoy that rascal and the more you ride it the more confidence you'll get. You just look at a corner and it dives in. Maybe we can hook up for a ride sometime? And if she's nice we can invite Scooter Chick along. I'm looking forward to picking up a new K6 next week. I haven't been on the board much lately so what color did you get?

Hey James, congrats on the new ride. You'll really enjoy that rascal and the more you ride it the more confidence you'll get. You just look at a corner and it dives in. Maybe we can hook up for a ride sometime? And if she's nice we can invite Scooter Chick along. I'm looking forward to picking up a new K6 next week. I haven't been on the board much lately so what color did you get?
Thanks..I just love the hell out of the K6 so far.

I got a red of course.
smile.gif

I heard about your get off on you K5, what happened?

What color K6 are you getting?

Hey BV!!! Congrats on the new bike! I bet you're having a blast!!!!! Did you go to the Oyster run yesterday?

Back