Pics of g2 tag holder light instl

i personaly wouldnt drill a hole to hide wires , i know they do it all the time on show bikes but on an every day daily commuter   no way ! imo     i also do not claim to be an expert  ,  but if my swing arm devolped a crack , i wouldnt drill and weld it either .  i know the weld is stronger than the metal ! but if not done correctly  it could comprimise the tensile strength of the surrounding area ?  so i  myself would have to pay to have it welded $$  , so i would opt to just replace it with a used non cracked / drilled  one. just my opinion .

i have had lots of stuff welded  for my job by certified  proffesional welders 'snow plow frames "  and yes the weld is strong and should never brake  , but on more than one occation i have developed tears or breaks close to the weld ?  what would cause that ?   this is what scares me about welding on a bike . i wouldnt do it , but its my opinion , and you know what they say about those  
laugh.gif
 so to each his own  
beerchug.gif
 and good luck !  very clean install looks great  ! could the tag holder be mounted on the caliper side ?  cause then you could run a tiny black wire along the brake line for the rear caliper ,for power and use the bracket itself for a ground  these are led lights ? so the wire could be realy tiny almost invisable ?   even with a plate light  ,you might still not be legal ?  maybe in ga but not ny . though it is rarley enforced
im gonna try that the brake hose didnt think of that..Greg B just noticed you are from savannah are you going to the gap for the bash??A friend of mine that lives in swainsboro is going to meet me at exit 138 on I20 and where going up from there if you want to ride up ..

Yea, I'm going to the bash. A friend I use to race with is riding his FZ1 up too. I'm not sure exactly when we're going to head that way. I'll let you know as the day draws nearer.

Thats like us not sure when ..but got room for fri and sat night/..

before you beat me  , my plate is also relocated !
biggrin.gif

this is pd busa and my bike in montauk  point state park  mine is on the left .  plate is in the wheel well , no light
tounge.gif
do you have a close up of your tag in the wheel well?
you pretty much have to stick your head in there to see it ! just stuck the plate in there drilled 2 holes in the trunk area and used the stock plate bolt n nut to secure it . it can be dropped down about 6 inches then it is viewable from 50 feet away , that is where most of the local guys have them , sometimes i just dont want my plate seen !
biggrin.gif
there are way too many people out there with cell phones with nothing better to do ! then call in plate # s of motorcycles

biggrin.gif

Back