People we miss around here...

I miss BulletTrain and his incredible photographs of his ALWAYS spotless '03 Busa :bowdown:

And I really miss REVLIS :down: I don't ever hear from him anymore...he was a lot of fun, great thinker...

Miss Greg too, Thinker62...and LoBusa...MSF...shoot, I could go on and on...

Seems there are more than just a few that have left the .Org and obviously genuinely missed as friends and contributors.

Perhaps the question that should be asked is: Why are they no longer here?

I miss my old self sometimes.
I used to be better :)

A difficult transition, not being allowed to be oneself............................

Seems there are more than just a few that have left the .Org and obviously genuinely missed as friends and contributors.

some sold their Busa and just didn't feel the need to be around anymore, some had work changes and don't have time, some had family issues (babies being born, etc.) and their free time is now spoken for, some didn't like the culture changes that took place on here after certain new members joined and decided to walk away instead of put up with all the drama

things have changed a lot around here in the past few years...when i first joined, i was often the young kid in the bunch in my mid 30's and definitely knew less than many about sport bikes since i came from riding choppers for most of my adult life...the active members tended to be older, more mature, and post ho'ing was kept to the one or two threads designated for it

then, with a lot of used Busa's being sold, the average age and knowledge levels of members declined dramatically...we also had a few members who decided that their overall post count showed how much they were worth and the quality of what they said didn't matter...this really irritated many of the older members who saw what they felt was the integrity of the board go staight down the drain

we have worked very hard to try to keep a balance between all members so that almost everyone can find what they are looking for and participate as much or as little as they choose...hopefully, everyone feels welcome and the old-timers will remember us and pop their heads in to give us an update from time to time...also, some of the older members are still around, i see them ghosting throught the threads from time to time but they just don't post up very often any more

A difficult transition, not being allowed to be oneself............................

Life happens. Some aren't here because they lost friends and stopped riding, others married and had kids and priorities changed. Some we've just lost touch with, plain and simple. Not everyone here leaves in a cloud of drama...just varying circumstances in their lives that become more important and we all lose touch, that's all. :)

some sold their Busa and just didn't feel the need to be around anymore, some had work changes and don't have time, some had family issues (babies being born, etc.) and their free time is now spoken for, some didn't like the culture changes that took place on here after certain new members joined and decided to walk away instead of put up with all the drama

things have changed a lot around here in the past few years...when i first joined, i was often the young kid in the bunch in my mid 30's and definitely knew less than many about sport bikes since i came from riding choppers for most of my adult life...the active members tended to be older, more mature, and post ho'ing was kept to the one or two threads designated for it

then, with a lot of used Busa's being sold, the average age and knowledge levels of members declined dramatically...we also had a few members who decided that their overall post count showed how much they were worth and the quality of what they said didn't matter...this really irritated many of the older members who saw what they felt was the integrity of the board go staight down the drain

we have worked very hard to try to keep a balance between all members so that almost everyone can find what they are looking for and participate as much or as little as they choose...hopefully, everyone feels welcome and the old-timers will remember us and pop their heads in to give us an update from time to time...also, some of the older members are still around, i see them ghosting throught the threads from time to time but they just don't post up very often any more

You covered all the bases in no particular order. Not sure what you mean by balance, I don't see it anymore. Why do these older, missed members take the time to ghost and not post? Life is not happening and keeping them away completely, they're here but choose not to participate.

You covered all the bases in no particular order. Not sure what you mean by balance, I don't see it anymore. Why do these older, missed members take the time to ghost and not post? Life is not happening and keeping them away completely, they're here but choose not to participate.

Actually, a lot of those mentioned are not here anymore...they haven't logged in to the oRg in ages, so there's no drama that's oRg related keeping 'em away, if that's what you're looking for. I know for a fact, for some, it's just that their priorities changed and the Busa became far less important, hence a reason to be here went away as did they.

along with some of those already mentioned:

Noodles
GSXTacy, mrninja9, DR1300R, Corndog
Red05
gtrpimp76, Charlesbusa, Wag, Devil Dog, Big O, Lamb busa

Noodles is doing contract work in the middle east.

PD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of our original PH's:laugh::laugh: I knew very few people would even know who cblast was....tried to dig up the old, old, old thread for his pic but I couldnt find it can you dig it up?

Wow, yeah projekt (mi hermano) Sambusa, MrNinja, who I still talk to and a bunch of other namaes came up that surely are missed around here...what no one has anymore pics? What about Ozzy...:laugh:

Ozzy is doing great, slinging drinks :beerchug: Just spoke to him about another bash in the future.

I still poke in now every once in a while. Dont post up much anymore, but I'm still here. Gotta hook up with a few that I've missed soon. Semi, needs to make a trip north, its been to long. Would love to head down south with Dawn and Randy for a track day. Maybe soon!

Ozzy is doing great, slinging drinks :beerchug: Just spoke to him about another bash in the future.

Tell him I said hello!

I still poke in now every once in a while. Dont post up much anymore, but I'm still here. Gotta hook up with a few that I've missed soon. Semi, needs to make a trip north, its been to long. Would love to head down south with Dawn and Randy for a track day. Maybe soon!

Would love to see you at a track day. Heck, you are always welcome in our home dude.:thumbsup:

Stunnah, Bentvalve, Pac, there are many more, and missed greatly, but people and situations change, as well as there life situations!

Bullettrain, RSD, Revlis........

Wow, you forgot to mention you. I think there's a lot of lurking going on round here :poke:

Sent Revlis a PM months ago. No response. He was a good dude, plenty of very nice toys.

After i post i see Nitrousjunkie lurking here!
Paul post up!

Back