Panasonic sucks

tinmann840

Registered
I bought a Panasonic Pt-50LC13 and in the 2 years I've had it I've had to replace 3 lamps and 2 Ballast ( All under the extended warranty ) and today it goes south on me again. I bought the 4 year extended warranty when I purchased it and good thing that I did . Now I had to drag the 32 inch tv from the bedroom till they come and pick it up for the 4th time . the Lamps themselves cost almost $300.00 . Hell , Thats a Power Commander , A Scorpio Alarm . I received papers that there was a class action suit against Panasonic about several of there LCD monitors . It states that if there was a reoccurring problem that you could be compensated with another Monitor (DLP) or reinburs ed $1500.00 cash I'm damn sure on board with that now . In the future I'm sticking to the Sony brand .
Any recommendations ? I'm staying away from Plasma technology until they find a way to extend the gas life . How many Big Screen owners out there that have been trouble free ?

My father in law is way into all that stuff... The message boards the audiophile and hd forums...
the magazines... I can ask him what he thinks is the best if you want or I can give you his email and he can shoot you all kinds of technical stuff.

jvc makes a good product
smile.gif

I guess they don't build em' like they used to. My 50" Mitsubishi may be huge, but it still works and looks great after 18 years.
smile.gif

I'm probably going to retire it to the rec room or master bedroom soon but the replacement for the living room will still be CRT based.

you want the sony kds-r50xbr1 model just got one and all the reviews ive read say its the best and it has an awesome picture!!!!!!!it also comes in a 60 inch.lamp life on them is supposed to be about 3000 hours.

Funny that you mention that because I just junked a 52 toshiba because it broke for the third time on me with the same 300 a pop problem. After talking to the repair guy (and then a couple other repair guys) they said that all big screens have the same basic technology as far as circutry. LCD Projection plasma and so on all have the same basic boards for all intensive purposes. There are to chips in the SKJ?
rock.gif
something chips that are now 89.99 a piece also refered as convergence circuts. He said that they run real hot and have are problem attic with going out with no prior notice. After asking him why the best answer I got was Florida has a horrible electrical system that is not realy properly grounded. Because of which there is a lot of power flucation (similiar to quick minor brown outs) so small they realy go unoticed. But they play hell with electronics exspecialy big screens because they run so hot anyway. And these chips just happen to be one of the first in the seiries of componets. He told me the easiest way to correct the problem is to go to Sams or walmart into the power strip ile. They make a power strip UPS system for about 60 dollars. You will know it when you see it cause it looks like a beefy powerstrip that weighs about 20 pounds and it has a secondary function of power conditioning as well as surge protection. This will regulate your power supply so it won't be as eratict. I had to go buy a new big screen and that is what I am doind. Hope this helps man let me know how it works out

In the future I'm sticking to the Sony brand .
Any recommendations ? I'm staying away from Plasma technology until they find a way to extend the gas life . How many Big Screen owners out there that have been trouble free ?
My first thought, was get a Sony, that's been my only brand purchased for the last 15 years and never had a problem.

Only drawback w/ Plasma is that because it is based on trapped gasses in the screen it dissipates over time, allbeit ~60,000 hours, and can't be restored whereas the LCD is based on a bulb which can be replaced when they start to go bad. Plasma does provide the best picture, especially for moving pictures.

Back