Best deals on a flat screen?

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Whats the best deal on flat screen TV's goin on spending $1k or less?

So far Costco has a Panasonic 42 inch for $599 but it is only 720p I think I will stick with the 1080p.

I saw today at Wally World a 40 inch Sony next to a 40 inch Samsung and I was surprized the Samsung looked better.

Any thoughts on what a first time buyer should be lookin out for? ( Please keep it simple )

Thanx - Kento

103_samsung_le37a557_frontal.jpg

Last edited:
sony lcd or samsung plasma. get 1080p in the size you can afford.:beerchug:

well first what will you be using it for? that will determine type (lcd/plasma/led)
how big of a room is it going in? that will determine size

all the other stuff will be determined by your wallet

Look at VIZIO. I got a 42 Inch PLASMA for $799 from Wally World. There is Some Glare but the Colors are Great !!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Don't forget that when looking at some TV's,that some settings can be off from people playing with them. So play away before you judge. :thumbsup:

well first what will you be using it for? that will determine type (lcd/plasma/led)
how big of a room is it going in? that will determine size

all the other stuff will be determined by your wallet

Haha! Well said Kev :beerchug:

Mostly just TV watching and some DVD's, No Gaming.

My brother just got the Sony 40 from Sears, with discounts and coupons I think he spent around $800 or so

well if it wont be on pause or anything you might get away with plasma. to me plasma > 60Hz LCD but 120Hz LCD > Plasma. LED owns all

i have had 2 samsungs and love them my semi new 1080p samsung is great with blu ray. i just dont like the motion control crap on most of the 120/240hz screens

your in CA go to frys or best buy go look at every tv in your price range. remember you may like what others may not in regards to picture color. See what feels and looks good picture wise to you. Check out the menus and controls as well. also remember hd doesn't do you any good unless your on an hd channel, the blu ray is awesome though on an hd tv.

We finally bought a new tv last year after months of comparisons, shopping, reviewing, etc. Looked at 50 inch Sony and 50 inch Samsung side by side. Both were LCD, 120hz refresh rate. Wanted the Sony mostly for the rep, but the picture on the Samsung was noticebly better. Have been very happy with the Samsung, and everybody who see's it loves it. Can't wait for Sunday's now for hi-def football!

NFL in 1080p HD is freakin MINDBLOWING! Youre gonna love it!

I got a flyer in the mail yesterday or day before....believe it or not Wally World has a 42" Panasonic 1080p on sale for like $722 or some craziness! *while supplies last* type thing ??? Wish I could jump on it

Last edited:
TigerDirect.com - Computers, Computer Parts, Computer Components, Netbooks & Electronics sign up for the email alerts and wait a few days, you'll see some smoking deals on there. Just read the fine print, they do sell a lot of refub at times but I have one of the refurb HP 6480 all in ones, works PERFECTLY couldnt tell it from a new one at all, til you look at the receipt and see I paid 30% of new :whistle:

Never had an issue with anything there and would certainly include them in your hunt. :thumbsup:

Back