Best deals on a flat screen?

Haha! Well said Kev :beerchug:

Mostly just TV watching and some DVD's, No Gaming.

My brother just got the Sony 40 from Sears, with discounts and coupons I think he spent around $800 or so

An lcd doubles as a nice computer monitor too.

Got my Samsung 52" lcd 120hz from HHgregg. They actually negotiated on the price. Beat Sears,Best buy, and several online retailers. I would definetely get the at least the 120hz refresh rate. just my .02 I think Walmart only carries the 60hz models, at least in my area.

Check out dealnews.com you can subscribe to any search and they will email you with deals all over the internet. ( I use it for cheap iPods)

Sharp 46" Class 120Hz 1080p LCD HDTV, LC46SB57UN
Sharp 46" Class 120Hz 1080p LCD HDTV, LC46SB57UN
4.4 out of 5 Stars
$698.00
# Sharp 46" LCD HDTV:1920 x 1080p resolution
# Ultra-Dark Spectral Contrast engine
# 450 cd/m2 brightness
# HDMI and PC ports
# Built-in digital/analog tuner
Model#: LC46SB57UN
$698.00
Availability:

Walmart
In-Store

kent
Go to a quality tv place pick there brain and get some model numbers, then go to nextag.com check there prices.
LG,sharp, samsung, Vizio, and dont forget Viewsonic.

Chuck

I've been hearing lately that these TV's use alot of power and now they are required to have energy ratings... ? Is that right? My friends Sony has a room motion detector and when no one is in the room for a while it goes to sleep / stand by mode? ( scarey, BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU !!! ) :0

Here is scary. They are actually working on a home grid to do the same on ALL POWER.

watch for sales. i have a 32 lcd 720p in my bedroom and a 50 plasma samsung 1080 in my living room.

also no matter what realise whataver you pay today will be less in a month or two.

plasma are hotter and use more energy. they have a glass screen so they have more glare. a lcd is like a computer screen less glare less gloss. they both are excellent. if you get a lcd get at least a 120hz. i seen some samsung toc (touch of color) their high ends on sale at best buy about a week ago...

also consider what will be hooked up. my samsung has no av ports. just hd and composites.

you need to have enough ports and such for what will be hooked up. hd cable, upconvert dvd, blu ray, gaming, comp, whatever you could ever have hooked up try to think of it....

also i would recomend one of these...

cleans the signal of your home power Monster Power for Better Picture and Sound

Last edited:
I've been hearing lately that these TV's use alot of power and now they are required to have energy ratings... ? Is that right? My friends Sony has a room motion detector and when no one is in the room for a while it goes to sleep / stand by mode? ( scarey, BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU !!! ) :0

My 46 in. Visio uses about .31 cents an hour.

Here's my argument, and I used to sell televisions,

I got a 42" 1080p flatty from Wal-Mart that is an entirely decent television, if fact all the reviews seem to be good. However TV manufactures are moving from LCD to LED (I'm sure most of us have seen the commercial)

My point? the TV would is at a crossroads, this is not the time to be dropping $3,200 Samsung 52"

Get something in the no name or vizio line, because no matter what you buy it will be obselete in abotu 4 years, rather be out 800 than 3200, know what i mean?:poke:

LEDs are LCDs. LED is referring to the Backlight. Old tech was Floresscent and the new ones are LED. As most know LED will last much longer then most lighting technologies. Plus it creates better blacks in LCDs because it turns off the LEDs in the areas that are black. With the old LCDs it would try to block off that area of light. LEDs are the way to go for picture quality.

LEDs are silly expensive right now.

and 120hz is a waste of money because the sony/samsung/lg are all going to 240hz and Panasonic is at 600hz(yes I realize a plasma is different, calm down)

and the cable for 120hz will set you back a pretty penny:banghead:

LEDs are silly expensive right now.

and 120hz is a waste of money because the sony/samsung/lg are all going to 240hz and Panasonic is at 600hz(yes I realize a plasma is different, calm down)

and the cable for 120hz will set you back a pretty penny:banghead:

VISIO ALL THE WAY!!! 120 and 240!

What Cable? Have you been to best buy? :laugh:

Back