Palin was impressive

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
Wasn't Vince McMann who made millions marketing his wrestlemania said...
"Never underestimate the stupidity of the American people."

On another note:
I watched our new VP :laugh: last nite.

I thought she was very very impressive.

As I watched Fred Thomas the night before, I had NO idea
what McCain went thru.

If you don't know the details you owe it to yourself and him
as fellow Americans to know his story.

I look at McCain who lives country first, not just in the moment or
as a campain line, but as a life moto he has sacrificed greatly for.
I do not beleive I could have done what he did for the 5 1/2 years
on a daily basis. He is made of stronger stuff than I.

I see McCain on one hand who leaves no doubt his loyalty to this nation and
on the other hand...I see a large question mark.
Throw in Palin and :thumbsup:

I don't see why this election should even be close but...(see above)

One last side note...I look at what McCain endured and compare it
to John Kerry's purple hearts :rofl::lol::rofl: (what a JOKE)

Find a Stupid kid and follow him home

What do you find?

STUPID PARENTS

Never underestimate stupid people in large groups. That's how we ended up with the Clintons in the first place.

HillBilly.jpg

Wasn't Vince McMann who made millions marketing his wrestlemania said...
"Never underestimate the stupidity of the American people."

On another note:
I watched our new VP :laugh: last nite.

I thought she was very very impressive.

As I watched Fred Thomas the night before, I had NO idea
what McCain went thru.

If you don't know the details you owe it to yourself and him
as fellow Americans to know his story.

I look at McCain who lives country first, not just in the moment or
as a campain line, but as a life moto he has sacrificed greatly for.
I do not beleive I could have done what he did for the 5 1/2 years
on a daily basis. He is made of stronger stuff than I.

I see McCain on one hand who leaves no doubt his loyalty to this nation and
on the other hand...I see a large question mark.
Throw in Palin and :thumbsup:

I don't see why this election should even be close but...(see above)

One last side note...I look at what McCain endured and compare it
to John Kerry's purple hearts :rofl::lol::rofl: (what a JOKE)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I thought she gave a GREAT speech.

I loved it :agree: :agree:

She is a hard hitting, everyday person. I don't want our presidential team to be perfect POD people.I want to know they connect with ME.. with my issues, like "how am I gonna put gas in the truck today?". She especially hit me with why she joined the PTA... to make her children's educational experience better :clap: .... and the Pitbull and Hockey Mom comment made me smile!!

I was impressed. Well spoken, funny . . . I think she is going to add just what is needed to McCain's ticket, at the same time be able to stand up for herself in any debate against Biden. As a matter of fact, I think she is more qualified to run this nation than Obama. Together with McCain, they have quite a resume of experience compared to Obama/Biden. . . what experience do they have? Obama has spent the majority of his senate career running for president. Has he even sponsored a bill or any legislation of any kind while in office? ???

She has the right amount of spunk and real-life experience that we need in Washington. I was very impressed with her speech, and I realize it's just that, a written speech, but she delivered and her confidence is high. I can't wait to watch her under pressure during debates...

I'm sleepy today, but so glad I stayed up to watch... :oldcool:

I live and work in one of most liberal cities in the world. I am surrounded by smug libs who think they have this election wrapped up. Palin's speech gave me optimism. This election is far from over and these pony tailed libs I work with sure are quiet today! hahaha. Obama is an empty suite and I hope he loses in a land slide. I try to be objective but sometimes I wonder what planet the dems are from. There is very little for which we can agree. RED WHITE AND BLUE baby! Guns, Babies and Jesus!! I'm in.

Adam

Last edited:
Most of the speech was written before they knew who the candidate was going to be.

Here we go again. A good, right-wing conservative mother/ all that other stuff she does and has done, rallying the right.

As far as McCain and his life as a POW, that deserves the utmost respect, but please put that mother fugger in a War Museaum where he belongs, and not the White House.

It is SOOO funny how when Bush was running and at other times Republicans have shunned McCain as being liberal, now he is singing the good old conservative song and y'all are buying off on it.

Okay, and now is it so cool to be underage, pregnant, and engaged I guess. That is, if your parents have money. Poor peoples' kids having been getting pregnant in their teens for years, and you people biyatch and moan about the perpetuation of welfare and welfare moms. But now this broads kid is pregnant at 17, and it is cool. If she were Suzy May of the trailer park and pregnant at 17, I guarantee your there would be no excitement and there dayum sure wouldn't be an open invitation for her "Baby's Daddy" to come and stand on stage with his "Baby's Mama" at the national convention.

So what is the message, it is fine to get pregnant in your teens as long as your parents can afford to support you??

Flame away, I know, here I am again with my spoon, stirring the pot. Glad I don't drink the Radical Right-wing Hayabusa.org Republican Kool-aid.

Most of the speech was written before they knew who the candidate was going to be.

Here we go again. A good, right-wing conservative mother/ all that other stuff she does and has done, rallying the right.

As far as McCain and his life as a POW, that deserves the utmost respect, but please put that mother fugger in a War Museaum where he belongs, and not the White House.

It is SOOO funny how when Bush was running and at other times Republicans have shunned McCain as being liberal, now he is singing the good old conservative song and y'all are buying off on it.

Okay, and now is it so cool to be underage, pregnant, and engaged I guess. That is, if your parents have money. Poor peoples' kids having been getting pregnant in their teens for years, and you people biyatch and moan about the perpetuation of welfare and welfare moms. But now this broads kid is pregnant at 17, and it is cool. If she were Suzy May of the trailer park and pregnant at 17, I guarantee your there would be no excitement and there dayum sure wouldn't be an open invitation for her "Baby's Daddy" to come and stand on stage with his "Baby's Mama" at the national convention.

So what is the message, it is fine to get pregnant in your teens as long as your parents can afford to support you??

Flame away, I know, here I am again with my spoon, stirring the pot. Glad I don't drink the Radical Right-wing Hayabusa.org Republican Kool-aid.

I dont think anyone said it was okay. Just goes to show you no matter how much money you have teens will be teens and chastidy belts are too expensive for anyone.:thumbsup:

Dude, I think it is hysterical that we can both come from Houston (I am assuming you do, although you could have just moved there). We both are Houstonians (Yes, I HATE Austin and claim my birthplace), but we have far differing opions and ideals. I think it is GREAT! That is what makes this America! We all have those rights: to think what we wish, say what we wish, and VOTE! As James said in another thread; We may have a good healthy debate and not agree on things, but if you posted up that you needed something (and I had it to send :) ) You would be getting a package from me!
Props to H-Town because Austin is a big Hippy Orgy...Lol! :rofl: :rofl:

I dont think anyone said it was okay. Just goes to show you no matter how much money you have teens will be teens and chastidy belts are too expensive for anyone.:thumbsup:

Okay, let me be clear on this underage parenting thing. It is most likely that ALL of us have engaged in sexual acts in our teens. Some come away with nothing more than a curable STD and a few good stories, while others stayed in it too long, and now they got a kid to raise. Such is life, that shid happens.

For all the .org members that post the other day saying that they had kids in their teens, I applaud you efforts to raise them. Obviously, you have done well are at least decent because no logical person would ride a $10K+ motorcycle and not take care of their kids, right? Right.

How many .org members that were teenage mothers and fathers had a parent that just happened to be the govenor?? Did the whole community embrace your pregnancy and the illegitimacy of your child??

I don't believe so.

Dude, I think it is hysterical that we can both come from Houston (I am assuming you do, although you could have just moved there). We both are Houstonians (Yes, I HATE Austin and claim my birthplace), but we have far differing opions and ideals. I think it is GREAT! That is what makes this America! We all have those rights: to think what we wish, say what we wish, and VOTE! As James said in another thread; We may have a good healthy debate and not agree on things, but if you posted up that you needed something (and I had it to send :) ) You would be getting a package from me!
Props to H-Town because Austin is a big Hippy Orgy...Lol! :rofl: :rofl:

Born & raised here, 31.5 years. And I don't really give a rats azz about Austin either !!

Now we have two things in common, we are making great strides!!

:thumbsup:

OH BULLSH....oh sure some of it was based on Obama being the opposition,
but most of the speach was about her and what she accomplished making the
above statement ludicrious and true or not...irrelevant.

McCain is not my first choice, I know exactly how liberal McCain is...what were buying is he is the best choice of what is left.

Your the one drinking the kool-aid, I didn't see that message at all...it's the pro-choice people that spout out those messages. What I saw was a genuine person with much the same problems we all face with a real family...not someone who forgot which house they parked the porche at.

If Palin did anything it was to connect with the "common" people on a level not seen in a WHILE and unite women (thanks to the stoopid media slamming her) to her cause.

The Dems are scared to death of her.

Last edited:
Palin's 'speech writers' were great and she delivered fairly well on such short notice. What she doesn't know about international affairs or even the rest of America would fill a book though. Suppose the republican writers can advise her on those issues as well???? Her comparison with Cheney was pretty funny though, a pit bull with lipstick...:rofl: The repubs have sealed their fate with this choice. Obama/Biden for sure now!

Palin's 'speech writers' were great and she delivered fairly well on such short notice. What she doesn't know about international affairs or even the rest of America would fill a book though. Suppose the republican writers can advise her on those issues as well???? Her comparison with Cheney was pretty funny though, a pit bull with lipstick...:rofl: The repubs have sealed their fate with this choice. Obama/Biden for sure now!

This BS about "her speech writers this or that"...every politician, every speech was written by a SPEECH WRITTER with the help of the candidate....get over the buzz word of the day people.

International affairs...you sure you want to throw that topic in with Obama, fine job he did with the Georgia issue. :rofl:

I'll take her experience at running things anyday compared to the community organizer :poke::lol:

Repubs sealer there fate all right, I see them gaining a lot of steam over this
and the media and the dems will look well...like this :banghead:

Back