Book banning anyone?

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
In part...

Shortly after taking office in 1996 as mayor of Wasilla, a city of about 7,000 people, Palin asked the city's head librarian about banning books. Later, the librarian was notified by Palin that she was being fired, although Palin backed off under pressure.

GOP campaign downplays Palin book-banning inquiry - Yahoo! News

Just what the GOP needed huh?:rofl: Choosing Palin as a running mate has sealed the GOP's defeat in November. Anyone want to bet? McBush didn't even know she existed until his party chose her. Some running mate eh?:lol: An old geezer with a woman who likes throwing her weight around...:stoopid:

I want my click back!! If this is the best the Obama camp can come up with, McCain/Palin have nothing to worry about.

In part...

Shortly after taking office in 1996 as mayor of Wasilla, a city of about 7,000 people, Palin asked the city's head librarian about banning books. Later, the librarian was notified by Palin that she was being fired, although Palin backed off under pressure.

GOP campaign downplays Palin book-banning inquiry - Yahoo! News

Just what the GOP needed huh?:rofl: Choosing Palin as a running mate has sealed the GOP's defeat in November. Anyone want to bet? McBush didn't even know she existed until his party chose her. Some running mate eh?:lol: An old geezer with a woman who likes throwing her weight around...:stoopid:

Choosing Palin as a running mate has sealed the GOP's defeat in November. - We can only hope. :please:

An adulterer and a Pentecostal Christian...at least they have the whole spectrum of society covered....

Choosing Palin as a running mate has sealed the GOP's defeat in November. - We can only hope. :please:

An adulterer and a Pentecostal Christian...at least they have the whole spectrum of society covered....

You guys are forgetting that facts don't matter to Republicans.:whistle:

I think a lot of "govt paid" employees should fear for their jobs... there is no written guarantee that because you work for the city/state that a bit of "gut wrenching" should not take place... 2/3 of our city employees are working at 40% or less of capacity...

but hey in the interest of all fairness

However, the spirit of the posts already appearing in this thread, I am beginning to think myself that the political threads are about to hit the skids here...

read what you are posting.. give it a break, this is a bike site and not a political boxing arena..

starting to sound as bad as the media and the parties themselves.... I see more polarization going on here myself than "valid" discussion...

I think a lot of "govt paid" employees should fear for their jobs... there is no written guarantee that because you work for the city/state that a bit of "gut wrenching" should not take place... 2/3 of our city employees are working at 40% or less of capacity...

However, the spirit of the posts already appearing in this thread, I am beginning to think myself that the political threads are about to hit the skids here...

read what you are posting.. give it a break, this is a bike site and not a political boxing arena..

starting to sound as bad as the media and the parties themselves.... I see more polarization going on here myself than "valid" discussion...

Wow...I guess you fit right in with her...Those things that you disagree with you want banned...

Take some responsibility and if you don't like it don't look at it (or click on it) but allow others the FREEDOM to express themselves.

Wow, man! At least a dozen threads per day bashing Obama and one true one against Palin and you cry foul?? ???

Out of curiousity, who is the adulterer? Do you mean Palin and the wonderful article run in the National Enquirer? How factually accurate they usually are!

I can't wait till it's over, when we get back to motorcycles and friendship. group hug..........!!!!

FAIL The list of books being associated with that story is the same one that has been circulated in years past by dummycrat alarmists trying to spread fear and discontent regarding Republican candidates. It's even in the same order.

The state of the economy is excellent, our relationship with the world can't be better, and our mission was accomplished years ago. What else could you ask for except four more years of the successes we've had?

Randy: You've hit the nail on the head when considering the IMPETUS of my thread/poll entitled POLITICS ON THE FORUM. This is exactly where I figured things would end up. And they have.

I still REFUSE to participate in the political threads...mainly because I'm not going to try to influence anyone. My beliefs/views/perspectives are mine; I'm entitled to them. Everyone has theirs and likewise they're entitled to them.

I maintain that I have yet to see an elected official (high office) actually fulfill the promises they made to their consitituents.

Hayabusa.oRg is where I go to escape the craziness of the news and media. When I want politics, I seek it out. When I want 'away', I come here.

My name is Scar and I approve this message. Notice that I'm neither slamming nor endorsing any party or any policy of any politician in the immediately foregoing dissert.

Thank you

Last edited:
Randy: You've hit the nail on the head when considering the IMPETUS of my thread/poll entitled POLITICS ON THE FORUM. This is exactly where I figured things would end up. And they have.

I still REFUSE to participate in the political threads...mainly because I'm not going to try to influence anyone. My beliefs/views/perspectives are mine; I'm entitled to them. Everyone has theirs and likewise they're entitled to them.

I maintain that I have yet to see an elected official (high office) actually fulfill the promises they made to their consitituents.

Hayabusa.oRg is where I go to escape the craziness of the news and media. When I want politics, I seek it out. When I want 'away', I come here.

My name is Scar and I approve this message. Notice that I'm neither slamming nor endorsing any party or any policy of any politician in the immediately foregoing dissert.

Thank you
I am still voting for the nicest boobs...

please note I did not say "BIGGEST" cause I would have a problem picking again... Got 4 boobs running for a meaningless position....

Last edited:
If someone doesn't want to be involve in political discussions just fight the urge to CLICK on that specific thread and problem solved.

Last edited:
Out of curiousity, who is the adulterer? Do you mean Palin and the wonderful article run in the National Enquirer? How factually accurate they usually are!

No I am talking about McCain (the family values candidate) who cheated on his first wife with his current wife.
Posted via Mobile Device

Both sides are particularly evil and always have been.

Conservatives are notorious for wanting to control the masses because they think they are better than the masses.

Liberals are notorious for wanting to control the masses because they believe the masses are not capable enough to do it themselves.

This election is similar to the last five elections: You can't really vote FOR a worthy candidate, you can only vote against the lesser of two evils.

It's getting bad out there, but still, the best we can do is live our lives in a worthwhile way and vote when we can. Write some letters to reps when we can.

That's about the size of it.

--Wag--

Wow, man! At least a dozen threads per day bashing Obama and one true one against Palin and you cry foul?? ???

Who says its true, I saw her yesterday on World News Tonight with Charles Gibson and she laughed out loud when he asked her about that. Why would anyone want to ban books?

Both sides are particularly evil and always have been.

Conservatives are notorious for wanting to control the masses because they think they are better than the masses.

Liberals are notorious for wanting to control the masses because they believe the masses are not capable enough to do it themselves.

This election is similar to the last five elections: You can't really vote FOR a worthy candidate, you can only vote against the lesser of two evils.

It's getting bad out there, but still, the best we can do is live our lives in a worthwhile way and vote when we can. Write some letters to reps when we can.

That's about the size of it.

--Wag--

+1 :thumbsup:

Back