Pack job For those that tour show us your pics

Jaysus

Bling Free
Donating Member
Registered
Took my first weekend trip on the 08. Glad I had Soupy's 1" risers. I need a taller screen, thinking the tall ZG screen . Also need a throttle lock, I couldn’t make the NEP I had work and I don’t like the feel of the o-ring lock. Can’t wait for my next trip :thumbsup:

Would like to see your Gen2 touring set up.

Thanks.

100_2736.jpg

100_2738.jpg

100_2741.jpg

Here's mine-Buell pegs, Helibars with 3/4" Genmar riser, Tobin seat, Suzuki DB screen, Throttlemeister, and Nelson-Rigg luggage.

008.jpg

I use the Ventura pack now.:bowdown:But i am getting a Third Wheel Trailer .:thumbsup:

ventura_001.jpg

HAYABUSA%2520TRAILERS.jpg

Man those 3rd wheel trailers are cool. I bet you could just wheel it right into a hotel room. :laugh: What does it compare to a full luggage set price wise?

Man those 3rd wheel trailers are cool. I bet you could just wheel it right into a hotel room. :laugh: What does it compare to a full luggage set price wise?
Third Wheel Trailers has a website.:beerchug:Prices about $ 1900.CANADIAN depends on options.I want to get a color matched one ORANGE & BLACK for my 2008 :thumbsup::thumbsup:A couple members here got them this year also.:bowdown:

trailers.jpg

scan0001.jpg

GM_grey%2520Busa.jpg

HTML:
perfect for two up long distance,still handles,brakes,comfortable and goes like stink!
note; these are givi PLX panniers and will not fit with yoshi R77 slip ons.i dont know how they work with other aftermarket slip ons!

crop_1.jpg

19072008033.jpg

Here is my bike packed for a trip to Elkhart Lake Wisconsin for the superbike double header... had a tent, sleeping bag and all my stuff for a 3 day weekend. Biggest load I've ever had on my bike. It was a fun trip but I don't think I want to tour on this bike much. Just can't pack a whole lot on. :laugh:

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

4,000 miles 10 days 12 states, ventura rack and bagster. Plenty of room for tools, rain gear, cover, clothes, bottled water, snacks.

IMG_0214.jpg

Does anyone else have an issue with scratching the sides of the tail using soft saddlebags? I did a few thousand miles with soft saddlebags and it looks cloudy on the sides of the tails section that the saddlebag was resting against. Of course it rained and this may have helped the problem along.

busa_paint_cloud 002.jpg

busa_paint_cloud 001.jpg

Ouch, that's why I'm afraid of soft bags on the Busa. Could it be polished out? I'm no paint expert. Good luck there.

You could try a polish but, it needs to be repainted or clear coated. Depending on how well you want it to look.
I used painters tape on painted surfaces where the bags might touch the paint.
After I returned from the trip, just pulled the tape off.
Also can use some clear protective film. Used this on the headlight and front of the fairing.
Removed it later.
Look close at the pic, green painters tape on my grab rail, took the roll with me in case I needed to reapply.

IMG_0214a.jpg

Back