Does your brake reservoir hit your wind screen?

busa186

Registered
I have this issues with the wind screen hitting the wind screen. does this happen to anyone else. I had the bike apart to get painted and now that I have it put back those two pieces rub. They were always close but I don’t remember them rubbing. I painted the windscreen (did not bake it) and was wondering if the paint could have contracted the windscreen? I also noticed that the brake reservoir sits higher then the clutch reservoir, maybe by an inch. Has that always been like that? I took off the front wheel and the bike slipped off the stand and the forks came down some. It doesn’t ride different or off center. Can forks be adjusted from side to side?

I tried to take a couple of pics but they didn’t really explain what I experience.

Thanks for any advice

my reservoirs do NOt rub and they are level. that drop may have tweaked your forks, unsure if/how they can be adjusted.

You may have to adjust the angle of the clutch and brake master cyclinder.

On an OEM bike with OEM screen, they should not touch. If you have anything aftermarket or adjusted from stock, then it's a possibility.

You may have to adjust the angle of the clutch and brake master cyclinder.

:thumbsup: That is all you need to do. And maybe move them a little back and forth on the bar.

I have that same problem on my 09. Bike fell over and I picked it up by the bars. After that the master brake cylinder rubs on the Double Bubble. Absolutely drives me nuts.
Somebody told me to just adjust the cylinder, but IMO something off too. I know for a fact it didnt use to do that. Bike ride fine and straight though. I'm going to check my clearance from the dust seals as mentioned above.

I guess out of all the things I took off the bike. I am just glad the screen is the only thing that is off.
Posted via Mobile Device

I think I will put a level over the clutch and brake reservoir and see if there really off, or if they just look off... I just want to ride my bike:(
Posted via Mobile Device

So the clutch and brake are actually level and same height. Is it possible that the nose cone went on crooked? It seems like it only go one one way
Posted via Mobile Device

So the clutch and brake are actually level and same height. Is it possible that the nose cone went on crooked? It seems like it only go one one way
Posted via Mobile Device

Rotate the master cylinders foward and see if that will solve the issue.

It probably will, I am just trying to figure out what is different. It didn't rub untill I put it back together after being painted..
Posted via Mobile Device

It probably will, I am just trying to figure out what is different. It didn't rub untill I put it back together after being painted..
Posted via Mobile Device

Make sure you put the upper fairing back on properly. I always hated putting the upper fairing back on.

I agree with this. Maybe it just was a little off after being reinstalled but if that doesnt do it then my next question would be are you sure the bike is put together correctly? Ive seen a few bikes lowered in front rub and knick a little but a stock height bike shouldnt as far as ive seen.

Man, I HATE putting that thing on. It seems like once it popped in place it was good but I guess I know what I am doing this weekend.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back