Over Heating Issues

Bosshound

Donating Member
Registered
I have been known to be a HOT HEAD Over the Years but I Never Thought It could Happen to my BUSA !!!

97 Degrees Here in Sactown. BUSA Temp Guage Almost Taged the Red Line in Traffic.
wtf.gif

After doing some research here on the ORG. Engine Ice or Water Wetter along with a Second Fan and or a MUZZY FAN should Take Care of the Problem. Right
dunno.gif

My Only Real Question I guess is after Owning the BUSA for about a Year Now with 7500 Miles, why is this happening Now ? How come it didn't do this last Year when it was New ?

Any Other Advice would be Most Appreciated
beerchug.gif

7500 miles, it's time to change the fluid anyway. Unlike a car, your Busa is a high performance engine. Change the fluid, water wetter is inexpensive.Then if your still running hot, check your thermastat or start looking for a Muzzy fan blade. Good Luck.

7500 miles, it's time to change the fluid anyway. Unlike a car, your Busa is a high performance engine. Change the fluid, water wetter is inexpensive.Then if your still running hot, check your thermastat or start looking for a Muzzy fan blade. Good Luck.
Not to doubt your word but the Manual States "Replace Coolant Every 2 Years" You Really think that is the Problem ?

Sounds like thermostat or low fluid. Dont just check the coolant level, top it off at the radiator, belive me in the past i have seen instances where the reservoir was fin, but the raditor was half empty.

Check your thermostat first; sounds like it may be malfunctioning...
The Fan Comes On like Normal. It just Keeps Getting HOTTER.  Does the Fan have anything to do with the thermostat ?

And Yes the COOLANT LEVEL is Fine I checked it.......
If the thermostat doesn't open properly, all the coolant will overheat which will cause the fan to run (There's a sending unit for the fan that will cause the fan to run at a certain coolant temp) but it won't cool because the coolant isn't circulating properly. On some bikes, you might hear a slight popping sound.

Sounds like thermostat or low fluid. Dont just check the coolant level, top it off at the radiator, belive me in the past i have seen instances where the reservoir was fin, but the raditor was half empty.
Excuse my ignorance but where is the Fill for the Radiator ? The Manual only tells you where the Coolant Fill is at the Resivor.

Excuse my ignorance but where is the Fill for the Radiator ?  The Manual only tells you where the Coolant Fill is at the Resivor.
Rightside (brakeside) and you will need to remove the right lower fairing.

I Need to Change the Oil Soon, SO Maybee I Will Hit up my Friend Gene(V-MAX-TO-BUSA) to Help Me Change the Coolant at the Same Time. Thanks EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

If You are Ever in the SACTOWN Area.... I am BUYING !!!!!!!!!!

When the fan is running feel the air the fan is blowing through it. If it runs warm for several minutes the thermostat might not be your issue. If the thermostat is stuck closed the air flow from the fan will cool off very quickly. Check that ASAP.

Back