cOOkin' ballz

ALLshow.NOgo

Registered
this is a recent post I made on another forum:

Here is a little snippet I posted today in another post:  

HOT AS HELL in Houston, had to sit out yesterday for 15mins to let the bike cool down, it was halfway between hot and where the fan kicks in!! I was like F-it already gonna be here long as hell. I decided to jump back in, turning off the engine letting the fan work, PUSHING IT in traffic then sitting and waiting, and ever so often crank it up scoot, then engine off again. I need to do some water wetter or engine ice tomorrow FO SHOW. Muzzy fan was an option but does not affect cooling, I researched it this morning before work.

The bike runs perfect etc just gets hot after sitting in traffic or a while.  Now I used a little thing called a
search.jpg
?? And I decided that water + water wetter is for me. I am getting it tomorrow hopefully. But they showed diagrams with it being the best with water and water wetter which I will do. Has anyone have this mixture?

Now the only thing I need to know is this:

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Directions say 1oz per quart, so how many quarts is the busa system?</span>

Thanks peoples
smile.gif

ok thanks much man, I just bought 3 GALLONS ozarka distilled. The manual had a number 3.1 so I thought, I will just buy gallons since its not clear to me if that was the one. But thanks again that takes the guess work out :-)

well so far so good...took a 5min trip around the block and then when I got back home, I let it idle for 25 mins. 21 of the mins the temp stay RIGHT on the half mark, then at 25 mins it rose a notch above the half mark. I put 6 capfuls of the water wetter in the tank, filled with distilled water (that stuff tastes funny) then put a little more in the overflow tank after I filled it too with distilled water to the Full mark. Oh yeah, All this in 93degree weather 8) so I am a believer, can't wait till the next ride to test out but rain forcast over 7 days
sad.gif

another quick update, it forcast = clear, forcast=rain, forcast =clear so it did not actually rain, typical undecisive TEXAS weather. while riding, the temps stayed pretty below the half mark as usual. Even though the engine is showing cool temp, I can feel the heat substantially quicker and more than usual so I hope thats an indication of better cooling
biggrin.gif
Never paid attention to cool downs but it does that quck.

ok I got this off ebay for 30 bucks total! gsxr 1000 fan.  bid started at 9.99 with BID at 65 with 20bux shipping so I was the only one to bid :-)
looks like this

f3_1_b.JPG

I think the easiest way is to just splice in the wires of the existing busa fan wires to activate at the same time right?

Yeah if you only want it on when the stocker comes on. Or you could wire it seperatly to a switch and then you could control it. Or then again splice it with the stocker and then also wire a switch so that you could turn it on when ever you want or the temp switch would turn it on. That way it will always turn on when needed and you can also have it on whenever you want.

I would wire that second fan seperately to a relay......the two fans on the same wiring from the fuse box may cause you other issues like a melted connector or blown fuses, besides the draw on the battery.
remember that the charging system does not "charge" below 4500~5000 RPM .....if I remember the manual correctly.

this is a recent post I made on another forum:

Here is a little snippet I posted today in another post:  

HOT AS HELL in Houston, had to sit out yesterday for 15mins to let the bike cool down, it was halfway between hot and where the fan kicks in!! I was like F-it already gonna be here long as hell. I decided to jump back in, turning off the engine letting the fan work, PUSHING IT in traffic then sitting and waiting, and ever so often crank it up scoot, then engine off again. I need to do some water wetter or engine ice tomorrow FO SHOW. Muzzy fan was an option but does not affect cooling, I researched it this morning before work.

The bike runs perfect etc just gets hot after sitting in traffic or a while.  Now I used a little thing called a
search.jpg
?? And I decided that water + water wetter is for me. I am getting it tomorrow hopefully. But they showed diagrams with it being the best with water and water wetter which I will do. Has anyone have this mixture?

Now the only thing I need to know is this:

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Directions say 1oz per quart, so how many quarts is the busa system?</span>

Thanks peoples
smile.gif
I can definitely testify as to how well Water Wetter works. I first used it last year just before I went to Myrtle Beach. I only run a single fan, and never had to shut my bike down even in the most grueling traffic. There are quite a few people on this site who have been to Bike Week in Myrtle Beach, SC, and they can attest to the traffic conditions and the heat down there on Memorial Day weekend.

sweet, yah bacharles I remember a post about that before I got the busa :-) Yup I love it, especially since the water seems to be the best liquid to put in to prevent boil, and the water wetter solution just makes it optimum. I know I have to get a simple flip switch right? like from Autozone etc. but I will need guidance on how to make it connect together with the switch.

Back