Over heating already…

TXBusa05LE

Registered
I know we’ve been through this before, but today (under 70 degrees all day) the temp gauge went up to half and the fan kicked on. Granted, this happened daily when the temps were 90+, but 68 degrees?!?

Both times while sitting at a light; just your average light time.

The coolant is full, green and has that white stuff in it that I think the dealer puts in.

Any suggestions?

Gracias!

White stuff?
rock.gif

Did the fan cycle? as in turn on then after lil while turn off? is so then it is working fine. There is a thermostat that will bring the engine up to the same operating temp no matter if its 90 deg or 50 deg.

That is normal for these bikes to have the fan kick on every once in a while especially at a light or at idle. For instance, my buddy kawiboy11's bike kicked the fan on last week in 12 degree weather after we let it sit for about 10 minutes warming up. The outside tempature will affect how fast or slow the bike warms up but will not affect the fan switching on or off once it is up to normal tempature. It kicks on due to the computer and thermostat keeping the motor at a set tempature and when at idle the bike will heat up very easy due to the flow of antifreeze through the water pump and into the jackets being controlled by the bikes rpm since the water pump runs off of the motor. Cars do the same thing as well and should not be anything to worry about. If you are sitting at a streetlight or letting it idle and the temp gauge suddenly goes toward the red with the fan on then I would start to worry but the fan kicking on when the tempature is still normal is perfectly fine.  
beerchug.gif

Sounds OK to me
wink.gif
, I let mine warm up in the garadge (in 30 F weather) and will hear the fan cycle. As said above, the fan comes on when the temp rises to
rock.gif
(Iam not sure) but mine always goes off after a little while  
beerchug.gif

(hayabusa99b/w @ Feb. 06 2007,16:35) That is normal for these bikes to have the fan kick on every once in a while especially at a light or at idle. For instance, my buddy kawiboy11's bike kicked the fan on last week in 12 degree weather after we let it sit for about 10 minutes warming up. The outside tempature will affect how fast or slow the bike warms up but will not affect the fan switching on or off once it is up to normal tempature. It kicks on due to the computer and thermostat keeping the motor at a set tempature and when at idle the bike will heat up very easy due to the flow of antifreeze through the water pump and into the jackets being controlled by the bikes rpm since the water pump runs off of the motor. Cars do the same thing as well and should not be anything to worry about. If you are sitting at a streetlight or letting it idle and the temp gauge suddenly goes toward the red with the fan on then I would start to worry but the fan kicking on when the tempature is still normal is perfectly fine.  
beerchug.gif
Sounds good. Just thought things weren't right being that it wasn't super hot out.

good question. i was understanding it as just a sensor for the fan , so it turns on sooner and runs longer. someone will know

(05BusaLe @ Feb. 06 2007,18:49)
(ranman @ Feb. 06 2007,19:40) i think i`m going to use one of thease this summer.  anyone else useing one?
http://www.1320straightliners.com/Fan_Tem....037.htm
Question the sensor being relocated is just for the fan? or is that what tells the ECM the temp as well? I would think messing with that would cause the bike to run diff?
It's just for the fan, makes it turn on earlier. A lot of the turbo guys run them.

Mine does it also. Just Sunday after my ride got off the bike to open the garage door and the fan kicked on while sitting there....cut off after pulling into the garage.

white stuff? I never seen white stuff put in by the dealer.....
You know when you mix coolant and oil it turns white..
I have this problem with my oil trucks when the oil cooler blows but thats a water cooled oil cooler, these are air cooled, if it is mixing with oil making white milk stuff, you have to figure out where they are mixing...
I dont know maybe nothing and your dealer is adding white stuff to your coolany but, I never seen it... Good luck..
I heard the fan on my old busa 3 times in my life,

(newmill @ Feb. 06 2007,16:28) White stuff?  
rock.gif
Didn't you see that episode in the Suzuki factory on Worlds Most Shocking Videos?

It doesn't just happen at your favorite restaurant!
smile.gif

White stuff is just crud that forms and collects in the bottom of the plastic coolant reserve tank. I bet there isn't a single Busa over 1 year old that doesn't have it.

As far as the overheating...it's your bike and you know how it acts. If it's never done that before then something has changed and common sense says something isn't right.

Might be an air bubble or a sticking thermostat. If it's over 2 years old just change both and be done with it. If it's 100º and I'm at a long stoplight my fan turns on. 70º at a normal 30 to 60 second stoplight, no way in hell.

(ranman @ Feb. 06 2007,17:04) good question. i was understanding it as just a sensor for the fan , so it turns on sooner and runs longer. someone will know
the turbo guys have to run that sensor relocation mod. It strictly regulates when the cooling fan kicks on/off. It doesn't have anything to do with the ECM.

I bet you had just done a bit of spunky acceleration prior to the stop
rock.gif
That's the only time it comes on for me! Other than that the needle never gets but just below the mid mark.
all_coholic.gif

(Turbo-Torch @ Feb. 06 2007,18:01)
(newmill @ Feb. 06 2007,16:28) White stuff?  
rock.gif
Didn't you see that episode in the Suzuki factory on Worlds Most Shocking Videos?

It doesn't just happen at your favorite restaurant!
smile.gif
<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>
laugh.gif
I don't care who you are, Thats funny
laugh.gif
</span></span>

laugh.gif

(Commuta_Busa @ Feb. 07 2007,05:51)
(ranman @ Feb. 06 2007,17:04) good question. i was understanding it as just a sensor for the fan , so it turns on sooner and runs longer. someone will know
the turbo guys have to run that sensor relocation mod. It strictly regulates when the cooling fan kicks on/off. It doesn't have anything to do with the ECM.
thank you sir
beerchug.gif

i`m in for on before summer

Back