Over-Asked tire question...

Speednut

Registered
I did a search, but didn't quite find out exactly what i needed. I do think that Avon tire is probably the best for my needs. I have my stock tire currently, with 10,900 miles on it. Not many curves around here in illinois, but they did fine on the ones i do ride. I commute 50 miles a day, so my major wish is for a high mileage tire. I also do a ton of high speed riding, usually spurts of 150-160 in certain spots daily, so the tire has to be reliable and safe at speed too. If the avon or BT-021 seem to be best suited for me, which sponsor or website has the best prices shipped to my door asap? i can see a little bit of cord on my stocker, and due to my riding style i will be afraid to use my bike till i get new shoes. Thanks for any help provided. I know the question is asked constantly, but everyone has individual needs and wants... Thanks again. I hope to place my order tonight or tomorrow morning.

I am not far from you and I always ran dunlop qualifiers. I also rode 42 miles roundtrip to work up the interstate (I-57).

thanks 300 busa. i will keep those in mind too. but all these avon threads im reading are getting ridiculous mileage out of their tires. its hard to think about others, but i am open to anything. the qualifiers seemed good for my riding style as well... where does everyone order from for the good prices?

BT 021 are fantastic. I'm about half way thru mine at 2500 miles. Thats good for me cause I ride it hard. I did notice that the front and rear seem to be wearing at the same rate though. Normally I get 2 rears to 1 front. Must be softer front,
Tony

If you riding the slab mostly stay with a sport touring type of tire. Avons are one of the best for wear, the later batch BT-021s are reported to be good too. I had an earlier made pair and they basically, well, sucked. If your not concerned about mad cornering, avoid sport tires, they'll square off in no time.
For your use, I'd say get the Avons.:thumbsup:

Seems like Avons are the favorite for good wear and traction but I have had really good luck with my Conti RoadAttack. So far 3500 miles and still looks good. Just a throwing it out as a thought.

I love this place. I really do appreciate all the responses. I'll let you know what i choose and take pics of the decision. Thanks again!

Ordered up an Avon Storm last night. It should be here within the next 5 days! Thanks for the responses and help in deciding. Im sure this tire will live up to what everyone says it will. Thanks.

You'll be amazed.I just added almost 400 miles on the set today.:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Back