Tire Feedback...

MikeSomething

Registered
So I'd just like to hear your opinions on tire brands and everything...
I do some pretty agressive, high speed riding on twisty roads, no track.

I thought about getting the Pirelli Angels, but people laughed at me and told me it's a touring tire, and isn't as sticky as a Diablo or something.

I was thinking about Avon's, was laughed at again... they said Avon's derived from the same tires used on Harley's and are tryin to get their foot into the Sportbike world, and thus aren't a good quality tire.

So now I was thinking about an upgrade from my Michelin 2CT's to Power Pures... what do you guys think?

The new Dunlop Q2 tires are at the very bleeding edge of technology right now. This is their street race/occasional track tire. Can't go wrong with that. All testers loved them and rated them as the best on the market right now.

So I'd just like to hear your opinions on tire brands and everything...
I do some pretty agressive, high speed riding on twisty roads, no track.

I thought about getting the Pirelli Angels, but people laughed at me and told me it's a touring tire, and isn't as sticky as a Diablo or something.

I was thinking about Avon's, was laughed at again... they said Avon's derived from the same tires used on Harley's and are tryin to get their foot into the Sportbike world, and thus aren't a good quality tire.

So now I was thinking about an upgrade from my Michelin 2CT's to Power Pures... what do you guys think?

Get them michelin pures 40% more softer compound on the sidewalls

Any sport touring tire has way more stick than you will ever need on the street.

cheers
ken

Nothing wrong with Storms, but not THAT agressive a street tire.

I've been running BT016's for both street and track days. Advantages:

1. PLENTY of traction in both street and track environments
2. GREAT PRICES out there online can by 3 sets with same as 2 sets of the new tires cost...

I've had very good luck with the dunlop Q's and there roadsmart rear. I might spoon on a set of michelin's next. Cindy like's the pilot power's on her 675.

I've had great experiences with the Avon Storms riding in the Ozarks - put 10,000 miles on them last year (2 sets)... very confident and overall good tire. Like them a lot better than the 021's I had before... just my $.02

Back