Ordered new cruise control today...

DR1300R, thanks for the encouragement to those of us who're on the fence. My main points of concern are the wiring interface--where/how to tie into the bike's wiring--and the linkage connection from the servo to the throttle body linkage.

Speaking for myself, I'm after as much clear information as I can get before I tackle this. I'm thinking the thing to do at this point is pull my tank off, and compare what's there to what's in the available pictures. The reports that this works well are probably going to be enough to motivate me to give it a shot. Since Captain had recently done one, I was looking forward to any amendments to the installation he might have to offer for the Gen II. Now that I'm thinking about it, I've got a concern about the 'weatherization' of the switches, too. If anyone's got anything to offer in these regards, it looks like there's at least a few of us that would be interested in listening...thanks.

Alan

Alan I put my servo as well as the aux vacuum tank under the gas tank not in the tail section and it works great. :thumbsup:

I just got word from my sources that Audiovox has discontinued the production of the cruise control. I have a new and old version of the Rostra electric cruise coming so that we can test and get a tutorial on how to install on my bike....

cap

I tried to get the Rostra cruise to work several times to no avail.. (I also had imput from other members on getting it to work, with no luck) I mean it would work but not worth a hoot.. nothing smooth, not even at highway speeds.. it also, well at least I believe took out my gauges/spiked or something.. Blue gauges had to put in a new "E" prom what ever that is.. LOL

The Audiovox worked 1st time out by using Nathen's (Pipefitter) install thread and Dennis's (BusaWhipped's) dip switch setting's, also a couple phone calls to Dennis and I'm telling you this cruise works great. set it at 70 and it holds 70.. Now around town if you set it at 40 and your in 2nd gear it will not hold speed, meaning it will vary badly about 5 mph but if you set it at 40 and your in 4th or 5th gear the variance is less like only a couple mph is all.. that I can handle, I mean 70 or 80 mph is were its used most..

Pappy has 1 on his FJR that was made specifically for the FJR, he spent big money on it, I mean like 900 bones installed and his acts up the same way at slow speeds.. So I think it's just something we will have to live with when going slow or just don't use at slower speeds I guess.. :dunno:

I know of at least 6 of these cruise's that are being used, and have talked to 3 of the members personally on the phone to make sure this mod was good before doing it..

Trust me well worth the 100 bones and 1 day down time to install, started mine at 0800 and finished it at 1630.. :thumbsup:

Willing to answer any questions over the phone.. My trk cell #312 498 0601

BTW I have a complete Rostra cruise or sale.. :whistle:
close to a 300 dollar cruise make me an offer.. :thumbsup:

No, that's just the CCS100...

I was just going make a tank from PVC...I have plenty of that lying around.

I tried for two years to get the Rostra cruise to work but finally removed it from my bike too.

I tried to get the Rostra cruise to work several times to no avail.. (I also had imput from other members on getting it to work, with no luck) I mean it would work but not worth a hoot.. nothing smooth, not even at highway speeds.. it also, well at least I believe took out my gauges/spiked or something.. Blue gauges had to put in a new "E" prom what ever that is.. LOL

The Audiovox worked 1st time out by using Nathen's (Pipefitter) install thread and Dennis's (BusaWhipped's) dip switch setting's, also a couple phone calls to Dennis and I'm telling you this cruise works great. set it at 70 and it holds 70.. Now around town if you set it at 40 and your in 2nd gear it will not hold speed, meaning it will vary badly about 5 mph but if you set it at 40 and your in 4th or 5th gear the variance is less like only a couple mph is all.. that I can handle, I mean 70 or 80 mph is were its used most..

Pappy has 1 on his FJR that was made specifically for the FJR, he spent big money on it, I mean like 900 bones installed and his acts up the same way at slow speeds.. So I think it's just something we will have to live with when going slow or just don't use at slower speeds I guess.. :dunno:

I know of at least 6 of these cruise's that are being used, and have talked to 3 of the members personally on the phone to make sure this mod was good before doing it..

Trust me well worth the 100 bones and 1 day down time to install, started mine at 0800 and finished it at 1630.. :thumbsup:

Willing to answer any questions over the phone.. My trk cell #312 498 0601

BTW I have a complete Rostra cruise or sale.. :whistle:
close to a 300 dollar cruise make me an offer.. :thumbsup:

After I bought the audiovox unit I found what appears to be a fairly detailed article, on Murph's site, related to the Rostra CC installation on a Kawasaki Concours. The article appears to have a couple of other good references embedded within it, as well. Not sure what value it has, but for those who hadn't seen it, here's the link:

Rostra CC Installation

Last edited:
Did you get the relay?

If you are using an LED tail light/brake light unit, you will need to add an additional relay to ensure a solid ground for the servo unit of the cruise control for proper operation. You can add the relay to your purchase here.

If not, we can get it locally.

Last edited:
I went ahead and purchased it off of amazon and I'll be following along! Did not get the vacuum canister, I think I can make something, but do I still need a relay?

Bringing back this old thread, I preordered a CCS-100 (Rerelease) cruise control from Murph's kits and they are ready to ship. So I was wondering if the instructions for the Gen II were ever posted? I know there is a write up for the Gen I, but interested in one for the Gen II, sooo....??

Back