Ordered new cruise control today...

:cheerleader::cheerleader:
Can't wait for the instructions!

Thanks cap for this and everything else you do for us. :beerchug:

Instructions have been on the board for years now for this same model for a gen 1.
Maybe Doug, took more pics, made more notes and differences between the two gens.

Instructions have been on the board for years now for this same model for a gen 1.
Maybe Doug, took more pics, made more notes and differences between the two gens.

Where are the instructions, would have been nice to have..

I'm of course talking about the Gen II. Does any one still own a Gen I anymore, they are so old and outdated now! :poke: :laugh:

I'm looking forward to the Gen II cruise-control installation instructions, too. Or, are the Gen I instructions adequate and nothing substantive can be added to them?

Alan

i am intrested also...will take alot of my fears out of doing some distance ...mabey trips to see my kids in sc

Just use the pipefitter's instructions.. The 2nd gen can't be any different than the 1st gen.
I just did this mod on my 1st gen per pipes install thread and Busawhipped's dip switch setting's and my cruise works great at highway speeds and good enough at slow speeds.. :thumbsup:

The install is easy.. :easy:

DR1300R, thanks for the encouragement to those of us who're on the fence. My main points of concern are the wiring interface--where/how to tie into the bike's wiring--and the linkage connection from the servo to the throttle body linkage.

Speaking for myself, I'm after as much clear information as I can get before I tackle this. I'm thinking the thing to do at this point is pull my tank off, and compare what's there to what's in the available pictures. The reports that this works well are probably going to be enough to motivate me to give it a shot. Since Captain had recently done one, I was looking forward to any amendments to the installation he might have to offer for the Gen II. Now that I'm thinking about it, I've got a concern about the 'weatherization' of the switches, too. If anyone's got anything to offer in these regards, it looks like there's at least a few of us that would be interested in listening...thanks.

Alan

Back