Oops, Breaking The Rule Of "no Political Talk" For Me, But...

I continue to watch the left self-destruct with un-abandoned joy and hilarity...and keep my powder dry just in case. They may start some real crap, but are too stupid to know someone else will finish it...

anyone change thier mind yet about politics?

Nope, it's all still just as crazy as ever! We are still "weaker because divided" & self-imploding.

I don't think anything changed, just the players, so it's business as usual, though I do notice my 401K increased quite a bit in a short few months, so I'll ride that train for as long as it lasts...

I continue to watch the left self-destruct with un-abandoned joy and hilarity...and keep my powder dry just in case. They may start some real crap, but are too stupid to know someone else will finish it...
im not seeing that. but then again I dont watch TV for news so my perspective may be different. ( generally speaking if its not an associated press story I wont bother, if it is I fact check it from different venues after) there is no news source on TV that isnt entertainment only.. ( congress passed an act not long ago removing the requirement that news must be factual basically)

to your point VaBusa. im of the mind the moderates are the sole source of salvation, sadly everyone seems to have chosen an extreme.

I will give short perspective from someone (me) who did not grow up in the USA and has an overseas education:

History has shown us that all great nations fall, starting with the first being the Roman Empire, with the British Empire somewhere in the middle, and the Ottoman Empire being considered #10 as a great nation who fell.

Today the USA is regarded as the greatest current nation, being a very young democracy.

Anyone do an extensive overseas travel recently, Europe and elsewhere? When you converse with folks, especially Europe, they find it really hard to believe what is happening here in the USA right now. Some of them believe we are the laughing stock of the world at this moment.

IMHO, if the nation continues down this path, the Dollar will at some point no longer be an international reserve currency, and our demise will start. It will be the end of the great nation we know today.

As a kid I was taught to respect authority, my parents, seniors, teachers at school and later in life any military rank higher than my own. Then in industry I was taught to respect anyone who is my boss, much later the CEO who I reported to. Did I like him? Does not matter, I respected him and treated him accordingly.

So here is the core of the issue:

Democracy is the greatest thing in this world, but if it is allowed to go too far and freedom of behavior and speech allows defamation of character and destroying people, it becomes a problem. A BIG PROBLEM. If Kathy Griffin can get away with the level of disrespect where she goes on national TV holding a blooded Trump head and democracy allows it, then where is democracy eventually going to land us? I have over the years looked at the disrespect Obama was treated with, including disrespect on this forum. Just shook my head. Now I look at the disrespect Trump gets and just shake my head more.

Try and disrespect your senior officer in the military and see where that lands you?

Try and disrespect your senior manager in a Fortune 500 company and see what that does to your career?

Unfortunately, I do not see the values of disrespect for seniority changing, in fact it is just getting worse. I especially see this in the younger generation, even before they are teens. It is all about their right to say and do whatever they like. Finally, I really believe this will destroy the nation at some future point in time. Also, that is the exact reason for why we are where we are at this time.

I will give short perspective from someone (me) who did not grow up in the USA and has an overseas education:

History has shown us that all great nations fall, starting with the first being the Roman Empire, with the British Empire somewhere in the middle, and the Ottoman Empire being considered #10 as a great nation who fell.

Today the USA is regarded as the greatest current nation, being a very young democracy.

Anyone do an extensive overseas travel recently, Europe and elsewhere? When you converse with folks, especially Europe, they find it really hard to believe what is happening here in the USA right now. Some of them believe we are the laughing stock of the world at this moment.

IMHO, if the nation continues down this path, the Dollar will at some point no longer be an international reserve currency, and our demise will start. It will be the end of the great nation we know today.

As a kid I was taught to respect authority, my parents, seniors, teachers at school and later in life any military rank higher than my own. Then in industry I was taught to respect anyone who is my boss, much later the CEO who I reported to. Did I like him? Does not matter, I respected him and treated him accordingly.

Democracy is the greatest thing in this world, but if it is allowed to go too far and freedom of behavior and speech allows defamation of character and destroying people, it becomes a problem. A BIG PROBLEM. If Kathy Griffin can get away with the level of disrespect where she goes on national TV holding a blooded Trump head and democracy allows it, then where is democracy eventually going to land us? I have over the years looked at the disrespect Obama was treated with, including disrespect on this forum. Just shook my head. Now I look at the disrespect Trump gets and just shake my head more.

Try and disrespect your senior officer in the military and see where that lands you?

Try and disrespect your senior manager in a Fortune 500 company and see what that does to your career?

Unfortunately, I do not see the values of disrespect for seniority changing, in fact it is just getting worse. I especially see this in the younger generation, even before they are teens. It is all about their right to say and do whatever they like. Finally, I really believe this will destroy the nation at some future point in time. Also, that is the exact reason for why we are where we are at this time.

The level of vitrol, just when you thought it couldn't get any worse (some of which I have admittedly participated in) does. It used to be that we could squabble like family, but when the crap hit the fan, everybody had everyone else's back. I'm not sure I see that anymore. I see our country being weakened from the inside more than any existential threat.

The level of vitrol, just when you thought it couldn't get any worse (some of which I have admittedly participated in) does. It used to be that we could squabble like family, but when the crap hit the fan, everybody had everyone else's back. I'm not sure I see that anymore. I see our country being weakened from the inside more than any existential threat.
this...
ive noticed it just in trying to discuss with people details of things they say to try and educate them where facts prove thier point isnt factual.. even in the most gentle manner, people instnatly get offended, will go to far extremes to villify you instantly for even suggesting there may be another view counter to thier own. and not even on political posts.. just this morning I had a woman defend a car running a biker off the road because " bikes are dangerous cause theyre so HARD to see, filtering and lane splitting is just careless" yet she had admitted shes never ran over a dog or a cat... but had some "close calls".

Is it ok to cartoon politicians? Our leaders have been posted with their heads on donkeys arses

I
this...
ive noticed it just in trying to discuss with people details of things they say to try and educate them where facts prove thier point isnt factual.. even in the most gentle manner, people instnatly get offended, will go to far extremes to villify you instantly for even suggesting there may be another view counter to thier own. and not even on political posts.. just this morning I had a woman defend a car running a biker off the road because " bikes are dangerous cause theyre so HARD to see, filtering and lane splitting is just careless" yet she had admitted shes never ran over a dog or a cat... but had some "close calls".
isn't it typical of the motorist?,to abdicate their responsibility to LOOK,true bikes are harder to see but if people take extra time to look harder then that excuse is crap.

Politicians are sworn in to represent you as voters.time and time again they forget they are there to represent us. Not their own agendas or lobbyists. Your lucky in America your leader can only serve two terms,here our leader can serve as many as long as he/she is popular, take Blair (U.K),Howard (Australia )and both Clark and Key (New Zealand )have served 3 terms (9+ years) and pushed their own agendas, they oozed arrogance and deniability and as a nation we suffer thier policies. Like the anti smacking (there are now people whom don't understand accountability.

Politicians are sworn in to represent you as voters.time and time again they forget they are there to represent us. Not their own agendas or lobbyists. Your lucky in America your leader can only serve two terms,here our leader can serve as many as long as he/she is popular, take Blair (U.K),Howard (Australia )and both Clark and Key (New Zealand )have served 3 terms (9+ years) and pushed their own agendas, they oozed arrogance and deniability and as a nation we suffer thier policies. Like the anti smacking (there are now people whom don't understand accountability.

Term limits for the President limits his/her ability to be a tyrant. But our legislature (who controls the purse strings) has NO term limits, and some of them have been there 40 years or more - and that is he cause of a LOT of our problems. Congressional Term limits would help make them accountable to the population again..

Term limits for the President limits his/her ability to be a tyrant. But our legislature (who controls the purse strings) has NO term limits, and some of them have been there 40 years or more - and that is he cause of a LOT of our problems. Congressional Term limits would help make them accountable to the population again..
So who holds them to account? Can enforce change ?

Quote:Ultimately, only the voter...Unquote

I believe it is not that simple. If it was only the voter, Hillary would have won as she had the highest public voter count.

The winner is determined by votes cast by electors of the Electoral College.

That is the second problem responsible for the quality of candidates we got this time around. IMHO, we are all to busy in our professions, or our jobs, or our personal lives and living life as full as we can. Then there are the folks who are not too busy, have time to go to political rallies, meetings and don't have much else going on. They ultimately in each state choose the electors, or in the process of baking cookies for meetings (sarcasm) become electors themselves. In turn they provide the candidates and according to the twelfth amendment, each elector casts one vote for the president and another for the vice president.

So in short, if you are not actively involved in your county and state's political agenda, your ability to hold them to account and enforce change remains pretty limited.

I go to Arizona often and find the folks to be intelligent and polite. So this proves McCain showing up year after year to be a rigged deal. (This would be funny if not so sad)

Quote:Ultimately, only the voter...Unquote

I believe it is not that simple. If it was only the voter, Hillary would have won as she had the highest public voter count.

The winner is determined by votes cast by electors of the Electoral College.

That is the second problem responsible for the quality of candidates we got this time around. IMHO, we are all to busy in our professions, or our jobs, or our personal lives and living life as full as we can. Then there are the folks who are not too busy, have time to go to political rallies, meetings and don't have much else going on. They ultimately in each state choose the electors, or in the process of baking cookies for meetings (sarcasm) become electors themselves. In turn they provide the candidates and according to the twelfth amendment, each elector casts one vote for the president and another for the vice president.

So in short, if you are not actively involved in your county and state's political agenda, your ability to hold them to account and enforce change remains pretty limited.

Maybe I should have said "the electorate" instead. Of course, now that we are finding out how massive the voter fraud was in the election....needs to be a national voter ID law.

I haven't been involved but President Trump has won some major victories in the Supreme Court this morning and healthcare looks like it might pass. I'd rather they just repeal the ACA myself.

Maybe I should have said "the electorate" instead. Of course, now that we are finding out how massive the voter fraud was in the election....needs to be a national voter ID law.

Regardless of laws, Democrats will figure out how to cheat the system. I agree with you. If I understood the conversation correctly a month ago, a new citizen just got their voter ID in NC by simply filling out a form but will have to prove who she is to obtain a Drivers License...........Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, etc.

Back