The Real Meaning Of Service

05 Busa LE

Donating Member
Registered
With all the negatives that are flying around this election, I remembered this statement from our new Commander of US Forces in Iraq, General Ray Odierno.

A simple sentence that says volumes about the man and the soldier, and, I think, should provide a lesson for us all.

From an interview with Leslie Stahl on 60 Minutes:

"Asked if he is a registered Republican or Democrat, Odierno told Stahl, 'I will say this. I made a decision when I got promoted to colonel that I would no longer vote in national elections because I feel it's my job to serve the commander-in-chief.'"

General Odierno went on to say (humbly, in my opinion): "So I have not voted. Probably a bad American for not voting, but I made that decision because of the position that I have."

To me, that's serving your country--without regard to party politics.

So, with that in mind, regardless of who wins the election, we need to stand behind them, and never forget the soldiers and their families who have given their lives for us.

Flag.jpeg

Haven't been keeping up with politics; somewhat cut myself off from the world this past year. Tired of seeing and hearing what the networks want me to see.

Anyway regardless of politics I always will support our troops and hope regardless of political views everyone will. Americans are so quick to forget these days..........

Cool post.

Most of the people directly involved in the armed forces that have power know their stuff and I wish the suits would let them make more decisions and handle things.

I like his stated position, and his strength.

My gratitude goes out to all the services who stand guard and risk their lives to keep the world a safer place.

With all the negatives that are flying around this election, I remembered this statement from our new Commander of US Forces in Iraq, General Ray Odierno.

A simple sentence that says volumes about the man and the soldier, and, I think, should provide a lesson for us all.

From an interview with Leslie Stahl on 60 Minutes:

"Asked if he is a registered Republican or Democrat, Odierno told Stahl, 'I will say this. I made a decision when I got promoted to colonel that I would no longer vote in national elections because I feel it's my job to serve the commander-in-chief.'"

General Odierno went on to say (humbly, in my opinion): "So I have not voted. Probably a bad American for not voting, but I made that decision because of the position that I have."

To me, that's serving your country--without regard to party politics.

So, with that in mind, regardless of who wins the election, we need to stand behind them, and never forget the soldiers and their families who have given their lives for us.

Well Said !!!!!!!!!!!! No Matter Who Wins it's Still OUR COUNTRY !!!!!!!!!

Back