On Friday 6/1/2018 my new Akrapovic 4-1 will be home!

PFP

Registered
Hello All,

This is my 4th Hayabusa (2017, blue) and after 1000 miles I decided to go with Akrapovic, KN, Power Commander and why not.. carbon Fiber front fender:) Hayabusa is THE Legend (I have previously owned 3 ZX14s),and I will keep you posted!

Hello All,

This is my 4th Hayabusa (2017, blue) and after 1000 miles I decided to go with Akrapovic, KN, Power Commander and why not.. carbon Fiber front fender:) Hayabusa is THE Legend (I have previously owned 3 ZX14s),and I will keep you posted!
I am looking to get an exhaust system for my 2013 come next spring. I just got my bike a few weeks ago. Love to here a review of the akra.

Welcome to the Org , to both you lads . Real exciting pulling the trigger on that new full exhaust for your rides , and some nice little extra's to make your bike your own in a crowd , excellent stuff !! The Akrapovic is a really good choice , a high quality pipe , that delivers honest gains in power and torque .
:thumbsup:

Hello guys! Thanks for the response. I had a full system on my zx14 back in 2009, full titanium.. The only thing that bothers me is that the evolution line (titanium)is not available for the hayabusa :) Back then the sound and the power of the zx14 was just unbelievable. I do not expect something less for my hayabusa now :) After I receive it today, I will post a couple of photos.
PS; I am looking for Ohlins, I was told that are unavailable now, I will keep looking..

Akropovic is excellent.
Had a full dual cf on my gen2, and couldn't have been happier with it.
The quality is so good it practically put itself on the bike, everything lined up perfectly.
Noticeable power increase throughout the rpm's, even without a dyno tune, which they claim anyway, and are correct.
Several of my friends have/had Akropovic on their bikes too, and same story every time.
I also prefer the carbon fiber to ss or titanium, as you can grab the muffler bare handed with the bike running. The majority of the heat goes out the tailpipe.
They are also very quiet with the baffle(s) in, and have a louder, deep tone with them out.
Akropovic is art meets performance to the highest quality standards.

My first choice would be an EVO system, but it was no available. The second choice was the full dual system, that it was not available, either... So, I go with the stainless steel/carbon fiber which is the only option right now. I assume that due to cost reasons, the other systems did not do very well/or they do not produce them any more since the new Busa will be completely new. I am not going to dyno tune it, I will use the map from the Power Commander site. I will take out the baffles on the spot. :) I will check out if I can post a video here with the sound, so others will listen and decide..
I would not use power commander, but I see in their graphs that there is a problem between 2-5K (less torque) and I believe the power commander will fix it.

My first choice would be an EVO system, but it was no available. The second choice was the full dual system, that it was not available, either... So, I go with the stainless steel/carbon fiber which is the only option right now. I assume that due to cost reasons, the other systems did not do very well/or they do not produce them any more since the new Busa will be completely new. I am not going to dyno tune it, I will use the map from the Power Commander site. I will take out the baffles on the spot. :) I will check out if I can post a video here with the sound, so others will listen and decide..
I would not use power commander, but I see in their graphs that there is a problem between 2-5K (less torque) and I believe the power commander will fix it.
why not dyno tune it?

why not dyno tune it?

Because where I live, it is kind of difficult to find a decent place to do it.. I have to travel 150 miles for a Suzuki dealership :( and I am thinking of buying a van to take my babe around :)

IMG_0010.JPG

So, here we go.. The sound is .. paradise!! The maps from powercommander are OK, the tech in the shop told me that others with yoshimura do not install power commander, but they take out the oxygen sensor and keep the silencer. The next step will be probably OHLINS. I will try to record and post the sound.. I hope I can have it in my iphone as a ringtone :) The reduction of the weight is obvious! I am excited with my reborn baby :)

IMG_1402.JPG

Hello guys! Thanks for the response. I had a full system on my zx14 back in 2009, full titanium.. The only thing that bothers me is that the evolution line (titanium)is not available for the hayabusa :) Back then the sound and the power of the zx14 was just unbelievable. I do not expect something less for my hayabusa now :) After I receive it today, I will post a couple of photos.
PS; I am looking for Ohlins, I was told that are unavailable now, I will keep looking..
I had an Evo on my gen 1. No Evo for gen 2 so I did full race. COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!

So, here we go.. The sound is .. paradise!! The maps from powercommander are OK, the tech in the shop told me that others with yoshimura do not install power commander, but they take out the oxygen sensor and keep the silencer. The next step will be probably OHLINS. I will try to record and post the sound.. I hope I can have it in my iphone as a ringtone :) The reduction of the weight is obvious! I am excited with my reborn baby :)

View attachment 1582702
Pull the Baffle. Never ran mine with one..

I have the same Akra as you, but it’s not on mine yet.
I currently have a Brock’s alien head 1 on mine with a full Dyno tune on it through my pc3.
I need to put the Akra on as the deeper tone it makes and quieter sound is better than my alien head 1 which has a louder higher note tone on it.
The Brock’s is bad ass, no doubt but I’ve always liked a deep tone on the exhaust vs a higher pitched sound.
Kinda like when u put a dual can Yoshi on stock headers, has a nice deeper tone.

Reactions: PFP
I pulled the buffle before the first run.. I love the sound. The map from Power Commander it is OK, the bike does not want to stall. I do believe that if you find a good guy to tune it you will get much better results. I do not see much of a difference difference on the power at low RPM, and of course after 7K the bike is pure perfection. The perfect curve would result from the slip on. I wonder what would happen with no power commander and air filter. However, I do not have the time to keep playing with my toy-Busa, that's why I will stop here. On the safe side. My 2016 Ninja had more power everywhere, but Kawa quality sucks in general + Hayabusa is THE LEGEND.

IMG_1427.JPG

Last edited:
Back