Old H.org rides

Just feeling a bit nostalgic. Miss the old days of H.org meet up/ rides. Used to be bike nights all over, now nothing really. 2002-2010 were good times. Height of the motorcycle craze. All the bike shows…. Good times, great people.
Hitting the Dragon 5/1 thru 5/8!

This sort of feeling is evident in many "clubs" people are just not getting together like they used to even before the pandemic many groups and clubs were failing...

My brother is part of a vintage motorcycle club, snowmobile club, car club and gun club...he said they can barely get enough members out for a meeting and even less for a show....it doesn't help that in each of these clubs the average age is over 50...he said he just can't attract younger people as none of them are into the old cars or bikes.

He gets a few at the gun club, they join, get their endorsement to own a handgun, come to shoot once in a while but have nothing to do with the day to day club activities....

Sign of the times....and worse yet to come....

I was the president of a military motorcycle club for a bit (actually the last one since then the club collapsed). We had a core group of 5 riders who were reliable to go riding with...sometimes we'd reach up to 30 riders on our ride night....

We had fun and did some very interesting rides all over the place always ending up at the ice cream parlor......one of our guys said we should get tee shirts which said "there's no ice cream cone we can't lick"

As in all military things, I moved to another base and nobody took the club over and it collapsed....the members moved over to the veteran's motorcycle club and that was that. I found the veteran's club to be far too militant and they took the fun out of the rides.

The country is too big. Even within a state it seems improbable to have a rally. I’ve ridden thru eleven states and as far east as the Dakotas and up to the Canadian border in ID and MT but always solo except for one time with my son. I’m retired and up for any kind of rally if I don’t have to ride for days across flat straight roads to get there. Motels are $100+ every night and gas ain’t cheap either. Is there a solution? When my CC bills show up I’ll add up what my eight day tour cost me other than meals. My estimate was about $1,000 for lodging and around $300 for fuel. Let’s see how close I came.

The country is too big. Even within a state it seems improbable to have a rally. I’ve ridden thru eleven states and as far east as the Dakotas and up to the Canadian border in ID and MT but always solo except for one time with my son. I’m retired and up for any kind of rally if I don’t have to ride for days across flat straight roads to get there. Motels are $100+ every night and gas ain’t cheap either. Is there a solution? When my CC bills show up I’ll add up what my eight day tour cost me other than meals. My estimate was about $1,000 for lodging and around $300 for fuel. Let’s see how close I came.
That's my problem with vacationing anywhere...costs too damn much just to travel! Even bus tickets suck nowadays.

Kids, I'm busier than ever. I expect 2023 to be my busiest year ever.

Come see me:

DSC00958-2.JPG

Back