My Apologies to GIXERHP, BurgerKing and the H.org

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
1. I just wanted to say "sorry" for taking so long on getting this valve check/adust tutorial/job done and keeping Gixerhps' shim bank tied up for so long...i apologize to all.

2. On my behalf?...i got some fairly good excuses including...

a. Working 55 hours a week

b. Events that kept me pre-occupied over the past few weeks including, Bike Week, Hosting Out of town guests twice (1 expected 1 not) and finally?...

c. My 18 year old home water heater that finally sprung a leak and flooded my garage and had to be replaced...which happened right inbetween the "Checking" and "Adjustment" stages of me doing this job...good thing O-Ren was parked far away from the water heater.

And even though i started this job last weekend?...between work, water heater emergency R&R and guests?...i was so wore out this entire week that i just wrote off the whole week and backburned the completion of the "Adjsut" valves part untill today...saturday...and i have off all day today..should be finished up sometime late this afternoon and btw....this entire operation should only take about 2 hours to check and 4-6 hours (if the cams need to be pulled for actual shim R&R/Vale Adjustment...so don't be misled by my slacking on this as i'm also taking my time snapping lotsa pix and formulating concise/comprehensive step-by-step instructions for doing so...which takes some time but really shouldn't havce taken me this long...so again?...my apologies to all and?...i need to get busy..

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

No prob on my end. I love reading your write ups Bill.
beerchug.gif

Look forward to seeing you again at the Bash... Lets all go for mexican again, I'll spill it on myself... again...
all_coholic.gif

No problem here either.
I know how hard it is to find time. Looking forward to your write up as well.
beerchug.gif

Thanks folks!
biggrin.gif

The good news is...i'm also running into all the PITA little things that need to be brought to folks attention right up front so they are fully prepared to do the whole job once they start...such as...i need to run out and purchase some moly grease for the camshaft journals before replacing the cams..suzuki specs out their own "moly paste" but i'm certain that just about any commercial moly grease will work just fine...annnnd?...i'm also keeping an eye out for any time saving shortcuts and/or easier way to get things done along the way. And one thing i definantly wanna do is figure out a good mod/upgrade to get rid of that freaking rubber door mat laying on top of the valve cover that suzuki calls a heat shield...i suspect it's only there to keep your coil-over-plug wires and rad hoses from laying directly on the valve cover and possibly melting through or causing long term heat damage to the wires/hoses....and i got a few good ideas there.
biggrin.gif

Also good news..I should have this valve check/adjust job and tutorial post finished up this weekend and ready too ship the shim bank to the next person by monday morning.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

Slacker...I've been sitting here with my engine open for weeks...
poke.gif

I too, find a wealth of information from your write ups, very helpful and actually encourage me to do things I wouldn't normally try (sync the throttle bodies for example).

Two thumbs up and a big thanks to any and all tutorials.

Just out of curiosity, you ever think of opening your own bike shop?

(Justyntym @ Mar. 31 2007,05:47) Just out of curiosity, you ever think of opening your own bike shop?
no....but i have "drempt" about it.
biggrin.gif

in my "dreams"
laugh.gif

Back