Ok, who is getting ready for track days?

I have never been on the track before. The ways you guys talk it sounds like fun. Would probably need advanced lessons for riding the track though.

You really need to try it out. Words dont describe the difference between railing on the street and railing at the track. I cant speak for other tracks because I have only been to one, BUT, you MUST take the training class at our home track before you are released to ride in the street or race classes. Its really not a race either, if you wanted to you can rent a transponder and keep your lap times. No trophies, no winners circle, just you and the track and your bike. If you crash its your own fault, ride your ride at a pace you feel comfortable with. Others will pass you and its not a problem. The skill set you will develop at the track will pay huge dividends on the street. Its all about becoming a better rider. Hence the reason I continue to ride my busa at the track. Plus its really cool to get your knee down and pass others on the outside of a turn. Just dont let your ego get you in trouble. :laugh:

You really need to try it out. Words dont describe the difference between railing on the street and railing at the track. I cant speak for other tracks because I have only been to one, BUT, you MUST take the training class at our home track before you are released to ride in the street or race classes. Its really not a race either, if you wanted to you can rent a transponder and keep your lap times. No trophies, no winners circle, just you and the track and your bike. If you crash its your own fault, ride your ride at a pace you feel comfortable with. Others will pass you and its not a problem. The skill set you will develop at the track will pay huge dividends on the street. Its all about becoming a better rider. Hence the reason I continue to ride my busa at the track. Plus its really cool to get your knee down and pass others on the outside of a turn. Just dont let your ego get you in trouble. :laugh:

That's really encouraging. I have never dragged a knee before though come close. I'm a good rider and been riding since I can remember. I'm not competitive either but I want to get better at riding and I think this maybe a good way.

It's weird I'll drive in Denver rush hour traffic or Friday night in a college town but getting into the canyons or leaning over to far my nerves get way high strung.

Dan and 00txbusa never got a knee down either, until their first track day. I would have never touched down without the support and coaching of the members of the org.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Track time for sure got me here.

IMAG0197.jpg

You really need to try it out. Words dont describe the difference between railing on the street and railing at the track. Its really not a race either. No trophies, no winners circle, just you and the track and your bike. If you crash its your own fault, ride your ride at a pace you feel comfortable with. Others will pass you and its not a problem. The skill set you will develop at the track will pay huge dividends on the street. Its all about becoming a better rider. Hence the reason I continue to ride my busa at the track. Plus its really cool to get your knee down and pass others on the outside of a turn. Just dont let your ego get you in trouble. :laugh:

Great post James. I couldn't agree with you more, expecially the sentence in bold.

Good Work! :thumbsup:

Hey Charlie, Skydivr says you paid him twenty bucks to drag you behind his pickup to get those pucks scuffed up! Now I want twenty bucks not to post up the pictures! :whistle:

SteveO will pay you 20 bucks to post them. :laugh:

Diana has decided that she's going to try a track day this year! :cheerleader: I'm not sure if it's going to be at Eagle Canyon Raceway or Hallett.

Eureka Springs was a big turning point for her. She saw all the fun we were having and decided she wanted to give it a shot. I put a set of Soupy's on the R6 and dropped it an inch, it's her ride now. :thumbsup:

Eureka Springs was a big turning point for her. She saw all the fun we were having and decided she wanted to give it a shot. I put a set of Soupy's on the R6 and dropped it an inch, it's her ride now. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Somebody's always got pictures....:laugh:

I'm gonna grind'em off to the velcro in turn 2 / 3 this year at Barber with the new GSXR!:cheerleader:

Hey Charlie, Skydivr says you paid him twenty bucks to drag you behind his pickup to get those pucks scuffed up! Now I want twenty bucks not to post up the pictures! :whistle:

Im so ready for the track days this year :thumbsup: And the AMOS course in the late summer/early fall :thumbsup:

Gotta love it all being free :)

Forecast says 66-70F this weekend so we hope to get some riding time in before track season comes around. I'm hoping my alligator mouth hasn't promised something that I can't follow up with on this whole track day thing. Promise not to laugh if I'm putting around behind everyone on my first track day.

Forecast says 66-70F this weekend so we hope to get some riding time in before track season comes around. I'm hoping my alligator mouth hasn't promised something that I can't follow up with on this whole track day thing. Promise not to laugh if I'm putting around behind everyone on my first track day.

The fact that you are out there, shows a whole lot of courage by itself. Not many women at trackdays - and some of them are wicked fast. I wish I could get my wife to do it....

Back