Ok, who is getting ready for track days?

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
I already had good tires, Juli insisted I get a one piece suit. Ever since I tried one on at Cycle Gear at last years Caps Meet, I have wanted one. Well, I hated to disappoint Juli and not get one, sooooooooo I got the only size 48 Cycle Gear had in stock. Come on spring, Connie sent out the track schedule a couple of weeks ago. Now if I can just keep UncleSteve in sight, not keep up with but just stay in the same lap. :laugh:

Oh, and if you order from Cycle Gear, please click the Special Ads at the top right and then go the Cycle Gear Banner. https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/ads.php Order as your normally would and it helps support the site.

I'm signed up for Phillip Island Australia in 4weeks 4 days and 6 hours, not that I'm looking forward to it or anything :laugh:

Pics, pics, pics...

BikeandBrakes002.jpg

BikeandBrakes001.jpg

I'm happy to see some excitement about getting out to an early trackday. I wish I was close enough to join in the fun.

Our first trackday event will be on March 16th. Chance of rain will be 50% and the chance of seeing the sun will be maybe 20%. With an average temperature in Mid-March of slightly above 50*. While the weather will not be all that appealing and the track will be green with poor grip, at least it will be a chance to get out and warm up a bit.

One thing to keep in mind at these early spring events, the grip is not as good as it was last fall. Get cocky to early and you can end up being a spring casualty!

I have never been on the track before. The ways you guys talk it sounds like fun. Would probably need advanced lessons for riding the track though.

I'm happy to see some excitement about getting out to an early trackday. I wish I was close enough to join in the fun.

Our first trackday event will be on March 16th. Chance of rain will be 50% and the chance of seeing the sun will be maybe 20%. With an average temperature in Mid-March of slightly above 50*. While the weather will not be all that appealing and the track will be green with poor grip, at least it will be a chance to get out and warm up a bit.

One thing to keep in mind at these early spring events, the grip is not as good as it was last fall. Get cocky to early and you can end up being a spring casualty!

Thanks for the advice. Good to round the track a few time at an easy pace, get used to it again, let the tires warm up, and the air temp rise. :beerchug:

Charlie, make sure you put a scuff pad and some brake cleaner to those rotors when you put those pads on......

March was when I crashed - probably best that my daughter is on spring break that week and I sit that one out :)

Back