Ok, things are slowing down a little.... What do you want

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Members....

Things are slowing down just a little and as always in the fall and winter we pick up on the forum and life just slows down for everyone. I wanted to take a few minutes to find out what is and is not working on the site. Can you guys start listing out in this thread what problems you are having AND can you please tell me ideas or things that you think would be good on the site. We try to include as much as we can from the members each year...

What is this place missing?

Cap

i noticed i can almost see an entire pic on the screen now. thats cool. :thumbs:

im used to the new format, so thats groovy too.

i donno what would make it better, maybe a bike of the month pic contest or something. oh and more smileys :laugh:

i am still grateful to have found the ORG. i never expected to find such great friends in cyberspace. :cheerleader:

i noticed i can almost see an entire pic on the screen now. thats cool. :thumbs:

im used to the new format, so thats groovy too.

i donno what would make it better, maybe a bike of the month pic contest or something. oh and more smileys :laugh:

i am still grateful to have found the ORG. i never expected to find such great friends in cyberspace. :cheerleader:

Can you tell me what your screen resolution is? I fixed Semi's laptop when he was here by setting the resolution on his laptop to where it was supposed to be...

As far as I know everything is working well. My wish list is pretty short since the big upgrade, but it would be nice to get a notification when someone quotes a post I've made. I don't know what all's involved, so that may not be a reasonable request. :dunno:

As far as I know everything is working well. My wish list is pretty short since the big upgrade, but it would be nice to get a notification when someone quotes a post I've made. I don't know what all's involved, so that may not be a reasonable request. :dunno:

I still don't know if I understand what you are wanting... So if someone quotes one of your post you want to be notified? You know you can subscribe to a post now...

How bout upsizing the Avatar's a little to match the width of the boxes below it?

I still don't know if I understand what you are wanting... So if someone quotes one of your post you want to be notified? You know you can subscribe to a post now...

Yeah, what I was thinking was like when you just quoted my post, I would've gotten a notification that something I said had been quoted in a new post.

Yesterday I ran across a post where someone had quoted me and asked me a question almost a year ago, but I never saw it back then. That's just an example of where it might be useful. It's not a huge thing though, just a little something I thought might be useful every now and then.

if you post or create a thread one should not have to jump thru hoops to subscribe to it. it should be automatic and viewable from ones CP

if you post or create a thread one should not have to jump thru hoops to subscribe to it. it should be automatic and viewable from ones CP

A couple of things...

1. If you want you can go to your control panel and subscribe to all our post... ( I wouldnt recommend that) or just click the button to subscribe to a post or thread.. Have you done this before? Its just a pull down menu away..

How bout upsizing the Avatar's a little to match the width of the boxes below it?

I'm a fan of big avatars - although is is rare in internet lala land.

On the Pashnit Forum, they are 150x200. Huge!!! Here's mine rockin' it on the '08.

Gopr0068_150_200.jpg

In the quick post message box, there is no 'attachment' icon? To attach a photo, you've got to hit the button into the next screen. Not sure if that's an option, but all the other post icons on there. Just a thought.

Change the 'Settings' button at top right back to User CP. For a newb, that might be really confusing.

All I got for now. :thumbsup:

Gopr0068_150_200.jpg

Captain, for some reason I can't find where I need to click to start a new post? I don't believe that is a option on my screen view.

On my Android phone, sometimes I can't go to a second page on a thread. Other times I can log in and that's about it. Maybe it is me ??

On my Android phone, sometimes I can't go to a second page on a thread. Other times I can log in and that's about it. Maybe it is me ??

Mobile phones really aren't designed to see a full website like a computer browser. We have not created a mobile version of the site yet but if you want the easiest way to get around on the site go to the market and get tapatalk. We do have a plugin for tapatalk and it works very nicely..

I find that the "go to first new post" button when viewing a list of threads does not work properly. This happens to me on several computers at work or at home.

I find that the "go to first new post" button when viewing a list of threads does not work properly. This happens to me on several computers at work or at home.

give me an example

give me an example

Well, now it appears to be working fine....

Example: I log on to the .org and select a thread called "My Hayabusa is faster than yours". I view all 5 posts in this thread making the title regular text instead of bold when viewing the thread list. Then when I come back 30 minutes later and see that the text is bold again and there are 7 posts. I hit the "go to first new post" button and it should go to post 6, which is the newest post since I viewed the thread last.

It has not been working correctly since the change over, and I had stopped using it. Although, now after typing the problem I was having, it appears to be working as intended.

Back