Slowness

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Hey boys and gilrs I need you to tell me how fast the site is coming up. Is the board lightning fast, almost instantly loading the board, does it take a few seconds, is it unbearably slow. For those that have been around for awhile is the site slower now than it was 6 months or a year ago? Please let me know I am having some issues and I need to know what you are seeing.

Thanks

Cap

Don't have a long history here so can't comment on a comparison. Seems to load OK to me, sometimes a smidge slow on pulling up thread pages once clicked. Thanks again for the site!
smile.gif

not much history, either....but my laptop seems to not like loading individual threads....forums move quick, but ind.s take some time. (DSL, if it matters)

I'm a relative newbie to the board, but I don't see any significant delays between requesting a page and when it starts to load. What are the issues you're having?

My circuit provider and I are at it going back and forth on latency and routing and I am wanting to make sure that I have all of my fact straight before I get into it.

My circuit provider and I are at it going back and forth on latency and routing and I am wanting to make sure that I have all of my fact straight before I get into it.
Let me know if you want a shell on my Linux box at home for testing. I'm in Az on Qwest vdsl. I can also provide a shell on Cox's network in Az.

Captain,

I'm running a cable modem so I don't see many slow spots. I do get threads that are slow to load sometimes, but I think that is because the board is adjusting the image size of some peoples avatars. Then there are the animated avatars that slow things down too.

Otherwise it seems to work just fine. Keep up the good work.
biggrin.gif

We'll I am really slow in the mornings...Then right after lunch of course...well then before bed as well...

Oh wait, you meant the board didn't you... Nope Not usually... Compared to the other boards I have seen this place is a relative rocket ship...

Seems to take a little longer of late. Once the packets hit it goes fast, but takes a little time for the start. None of it is bad just a little different.

Works fine most of the time, somtimes slow on thread loading. But, occassionally the BB refuses to load and my proxy server times out relentlessly. Usually have to go a day without the board or try in a few hours then it loads.

BTW, my connection is at work via proxy server out to an ISDN box, supossed to be fairly quick. The thing is when the Busa BB refuses to load, other sites load immediately so the problem is not here.

Keep up the good work. We all appreciate it greatly. Thanks for giving us a home (and a place to chill at work on a break, wink wink).

Sounds like a routing problem if you can get to other sites and not this one. There has not been any extended downtime in a long time with exception to the move or scheduled downtime.

cap

OK I tracked it down, gimme until the morning and this place should be flying again.

cap

OK you guys should see definate improvement on the way the site loads, let me know one way or the other... I still have a few things to do but even I notice the difference.

cap

Ok for me in Nevada...dial up....seems ok for me tonite to log on.
Ps Good to see you responding to our threads...Thanks Captain for running this site for us
biggrin.gif

I didn't notice it when you posted this but tonight she is a crawling.

Ummmmm yeah, I am moving about 25 gig of data across servers tonight for redundancy purposes, SORRY! I am setting up my own bind server so that I can control DNS locally too and that is the logging server for the firewall. I have to move all the log files and copies of the data to that server so we never experience a complete loss of data. It should be over soon.........

Cap

Back