OK, got to get this off my chest...

Yea....but it's COOL!!!

It reminds me of the prototype dragbike I sat on at the HD dlr show in Orlando...when was that?....uh, '02 I think.

Year after that, I got JT tonglets autograph on a V&H poster...still got it...

i love to wear my harley doo rag under my shoei it always gets a smile or a high five at bike night most of the harley riders here are cool and always wave. i did however run up on one of those texas chopper things on the interstate yesterday morning i came up on him and kinnda waved he just looked at me like look at me and my bike you should salute, and then he cracked the throttle and got on it, after about a second i caught up with him and he was going for it! i dropped a gear and handed him his ass right there. by the time i got to my exit im sure he was back there somewere but i didnt see him . he probably blew the damn thing up trying to catch me
tounge.gif

Mr Brown;

Can't disagree with that man!

hey, on a totally different note...how in the hell do ya take several quotes out of someones post and put it in yours....ya know, the ones I see are highlighted quotes...not the whole post, just part of it.

I can't figger it out and it's startin' ta piss me off!
mad.gif
Wish I could help ya, when you find out, let me know.....

Mr Brown;

Can't disagree with that man!

hey, on a totally different note...how in the hell do ya take several quotes out of someones post and put it in yours....ya know, the ones I see are highlighted quotes...not the whole post, just part of it.

I can't figger it out and it's startin' ta piss me off!
mad.gif
Wish I could help ya, when you find out, let me know.....
You're missin out on all the fun....check my "help" thread....

I used to own a harley, they are a different kind of fun. Kinda like driving an old car that is perfectly restored, it doesn't have to always be fast to enjoy the ride. Their quality is superior to most japanese motorcycles, although the Busa seriously impresses me with its fit and finish. I would own one again, but not as my only bike. I really like the sportsters until they rubber mounted the engines with the 04' model.

Okay...I've tried to avoid this thread, but it just keeps getting bumped to the top, so I might as well add my $0.02
laugh.gif

I'm not going to get into any debates or arguments over what has been posted previously...it is their opinion and I'll respect that. At least this has been a pretty civil debate without the childish banter of some other threads.
Good Job guys.
beerchug.gif

I've owned a HD for the last 5 years. It's a 2000 Electra-Glide Classic. I now have about 36,000 miles on it and I've only had one problem with the bike. The stator for the alternator has gone out a couple of times, but then again, I have a LOT of lights on the bike, and also pull a trailer with lights, so I'm probably overtasking the system.

I don't consider myself a poser. I've been riding for about 26 years, and I love bikes......ALL bikes! I wave to everyone I see unless my hands need to stay on the bars for control. I never talk down towards any group of riders, except for those who do not wear any gear...Harley riders included. The irony is right in the Harley motto..."Live to ride, Ride to live" Wouldn't this be easier to do while wearing the proper gear?

I bought the HD because I've always liked the styling of their touring bikes. They just seem to have more character than the imports. The newer import cruisers have come a lot closer to the HD styling, but I don't feel like financing another friggin bike.

The HD does what it was designed to do very well. I can set out on the highway for a long trip and just cruise. Turn the tunes up, coffee in the cup holder, feet out on the highway pegs, and just cruise. I did upgrade mine to have an actual cruise control that regulates the throttle to maintain a constant speed, so now it's even more of a Road Sofa. My bike also has the Stage-II Big Bore kit (1550cc's etc...). It's still underpowered compared to the Busa, but it has enough power to ride two-up pulling a 300 pound trailer though the mountains of TN, NC, and SC without any problems.

When I had my Busa, I loved it. There was no comparison between it and the HD, because they are different styles and designed for different purposes. The Busa is an excellent machine that delivers some of the most exhilirating performance you can find. I honestly wish I still had mine, but right now, I'm too busy with the track bike and road racing. I'm limited on available garage space.

I guess I'm the odd-man-out when it comes to the "typical HD guy". Yes, I have black leathers to ride with, but I've also got a Hein Gerrike suit for the cold weather. I've worn both on HD rides. I usually wear a full-face helmet, but sometimes ride with a half if it's extremely hot...you don't get a lot of air flow behind the fairing.

I just don't understand why RIDERS can't just respect the choices of others without all of the bashing that takes place. We're all on two wheels, no matter what brand. If everybody wanted the same thing, then there would only be one manufacturer, and only one model. That would be boring as hell.

Hell...I'm just rambling now...Have a nice day
cool.gif

Why is it when people express a dislike for the HD gospel that it's automaticly a "bashing" thread?

I don't pray to HD's black&chrome cow, for i have seen the light.

Can i get an Amen..........:D

It's not even worth talking about why people buy HD. In the end you'll still have two sides battling and they'll tell you that you don't "get it".
I've tried to reason, i've tried to ask, it doesn't work.

I myself dig riding up in the mountains hanging turns, trying to think that i'm coming anywhere close to dragging my knee. (I'm a legend in my own mind, #46 baby!)
To me there's nothing more boring than open road riding, putting along, not doing anything, one hand on my thigh kinda hwy cruising. (Typical HD riding) I can do this on occasion, but for riding to be only that style would be WAY to depressing to me. I'm not a ride across the country kinda guy, that's not me. I couldn't fathom the idea of going riding and not hanging some turns atleast once in a while.

Yet, i like to pimp at the beach or at the local cruising strip. Something about hanging out, bench racing and watching traffic roll by seems good to me. I think if i had a chromed out, painted up, 300 rear tire Busa and another Busa with Ohlins and BST's for the mountains i'd be set.

oh, by the way.....I really don't mind harleys. It was getting boring here and thought we needed something to argue about!
jump9.gif

I myself don't hate HD's bikes, it's the superior mentality i get from some of the riders. I merely ask if they have ridden other bikes and i usually get a "no". Yet they "know".
Or their sportbike experience was with a 1985 gixxer they rode back in the day. Apples and Oranges.

Thing is, i've realized that those few riders that don't have a clue are not the one's that wind up on the internet. So when a "why HD" thread starts you end up talking to the wrong people. You HD guys on here seem alright, it's those others that we all could do without.
While were outing the bad apples, take the garbage from the sportbike side too. There's alot of idiots on inline fours that make us all look bad.

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128434997 -->

When an American company can build and market a bike with the capabilities of a Jap sportbike and sell it for the same money I'll buy American. Until then I'll just have to listen to the "Revtech this" and "S&S that", and continue to smoke their a$$es with a stock Jap bike for a third of the cash.

I did upgrade mine to have an actual cruise control that regulates the throttle to maintain a constant speed, so now it's even more of a Road Sofa.
Dang!  I'd like to get one of those for the Road Star.  Got any info you can share?
Sorry, but it happens to be one of those H-D exclusive items...probably made in Japan.
laugh.gif

Seriously though...It is a H-D part for their Ultra Classic. It is a servo control that monitors a signal from the speed sensor, and then positions a ribbon cable attached to a wire cable that is connected onto the throttle body shaft. This will rotate the throttle as necessary to maintain the speed setpoint.

It also requires you to change out the throttle "idle" cable because there is a switch on the cable that will deactivate the cruise if you roll the throttle towards the closed position. The circuit also deactivates if you hit the brakes, or if it sees a 100 rpm increase without a throttle input.

You also have a cruise indicator built into the tach and two switches...one to energize the system, and one to set the desired speed.

Too much info?
rock.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

hey you guys need to wake up from the amf shovelhead era of late 70s and very early 80s where all your little oil leaking dinosaur comments come from anf find your\self in the evo era
of reliability a twin cylinder engine that can have more or less hp than a stock busa that takes 4 cylinders to get it done like ive said before you must educate yourself beforeyou bash somthing because the way you go about it now makes you sound even more ignorant
soapbox.gif

harley envy you gotta love it!!!!!!!!
you guys make me laugh!!!!!!!
oh yeah busas rule to! all other riceburners suck

a twin cylinder engine that can have more or less hp than a stock busa that takes 4 cylinders to get it done
More or less hp? WTF are you talking about? If you mean that Harley can get more hp from a stock twin than Suzi gets from a 4, umm no.
Even if this were true, it's the dispacement that matters, not the number of cylinders, genius.
Jap inline fours put out the highest hp/cc of any internal combustion engine, period.

OK, tell me this. Why do so few H.D. riders wave back. I wave at all bikes. But very few H.D. riders return the gesture. All I can figure out is that their pissed because they paid 25K or 30K for a bike and several thousand more for leather and other bad guy stuff but they are still the same old white coller worker after all.
Or is it that they lost sight of the chase truck with the trailer (that we all know is with almost every group of H.D.'s on the road) and are not sure if they will make it home before dark.

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

a twin cylinder engine that can have more or less hp than a stock busa that takes 4 cylinders to get it done
More or less hp? WTF are you talking about? If you mean that Harley can get more hp from a stock twin than Suzi gets from a 4, umm no.
Even if this were true, it's the dispacement that matters, not the number of cylinders, genius.
Jap inline fours put out the highest hp/cc of any internal combustion engine, period.
Must be nice to live blissfully uninformed in a fantasyland.
biggrin.gif

OK, tell me this. Why do so few H.D. riders wave back. I wave at all bikes. But very few H.D. riders return the gesture. All I can figure out is that their pissed because they paid 25K or 30K for a bike and several thousand more for leather and other bad guy stuff but they are still the same old white coller worker after all.
Or is it that they lost sight of the chase truck with the trailer (that we all know is with almost every group of H.D.'s on the road) and are not sure if they will make it home before dark.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
they think we hate them,
we think they hate us.
So there is no waving back.

Sometime I wave and they don't wave back, sometime they wave and I don't wave back. (caught by surprise)
Sometime we both wave and wave back.
It totally depends on the rider, not the bike they ride.

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Back