How does an MC get started?

Fastfrog I was replying to this
ased on where you live, you might want to start a RC (riding club) because MC (motorcycle club) = gang.
To me that seems to imply a street gang or outlaw gang attitude. And here and Arizona its all by the confederation rules.
Posted via Mobile Device

Suggest you read up on this website:
Riding Club and Motorcycle Club Education

There are big differences between types of motorcycle organizations and it's all outlined in that website. Patches and colors mean a lot to some people, and some mistakes can get you hurt.

Personally, a group of riding buddies is easy enough to organize. You just have to like each other and make it part of your life. Otherwise, it's easier to join a club and ride when you want.

Very good advice.

There are a couple of local "clubs" in my area that are sportbike focused, and both have "offical" sanction from the one club that it pays not to offend.

I tried joining a club in dale city called the "hard knock ryders". I went to two events with them. First off, most of them don't understand what a staggered formation is, and I never felt so alienated. I would try and talk to people, but no one would. Only thiung I could think of was that I was out of my element. Most of them guys paid shops to build their stuff. I didn't. In the end, I realized this group I was trying to be apart of was a bunch of status seeking posers. Maybe I wasn't bling bling enough. I never went back to find out.

Last edited:
I tried joining a club in dale city called the "hard knock ryders". I went to two events with them. First off, most of them don't understand what a staggered formation is, and I never felt so alienated. I would try and talk to people, but no one would. Only thiung I could think of was that I was out of my element. Most of them guys paid shops to build their stuff. I didn't. In the end, I realized this group I was trying to be apart of was a bunch of status seeking posers. Maybe I wasn't bling bling enough. I never went back to find out.

Be glad you didnt start asking technical questions, you woulda felt even more out of place then, been there done that. Just a matter of finding the right crowd.

Back