How does an MC get started?

fast08busa

Professional Pilot kinda sorta
Registered
I live in arizona and i see alot of motorcycle clubs running around, how do you get started besides getting a group of people together. I dont see alot of sportbike motorcycle clubs with cuts and stuff but alot of harley riders with them. just wondering. Might even think about an all busa MC. who knows

Usually starts with 2 people that like to ride. Then find people that want to ride with you.

Different kinds of clubs out there. Some are just people who like to get together and ride on a regular basis, with no particular kind of organization other and than picking destinations or organizing rides usually suggested by the founding members and taking suggestions from others in the group. With no particular set of rules other than rider safety on the rides.

Some others are the opposite side of the spectrum with fees, rules,(colors not being able to ride with others who are not part of the club). System of leadership with requirements for people to join.

Finding members socializing at the bike nights and other motorcycle events creating a website and handing out flyers on the bikes. setting up a club on meetup.com also:thumbsup:

If you have a well known "outlaw" club in your area, dont use a 3 piece patch. Name on top, design in the middle and location on the bottom. It'll cause problems. Havin your town/city on the bottom implies ownership, that wont go over well.

It's not worth it. You can have a club without being official. I want to get some of the roughest big guys you can find and call the club "Fluffy Bunnies" or something. Just to see people's faces. :rofl:

Last edited:
Suggest you read up on this website:
Riding Club and Motorcycle Club Education

There are big differences between types of motorcycle organizations and it's all outlined in that website. Patches and colors mean a lot to some people, and some mistakes can get you hurt.

Personally, a group of riding buddies is easy enough to organize. You just have to like each other and make it part of your life. Otherwise, it's easier to join a club and ride when you want.

I agree with FastFrog and Ajay! Search online and there should be a website for State by State Motorcycle Club rules and regulations/Bi Laws ! So do your research, you don't wanna step on the toes of any 1%'er clubs, cause there's probably going to be trouble if you do!

Based on where you live, you might want to start a RC (riding club) because MC (motorcycle club) = gang. But, like others have said, it is not worth it. As soon as a local MC thinks you are organizing, you will be approached. At that point you will either have to pay homage or be treated like a rival.

see if there is a RC localy...like southern cruisers RC..... they are not a motorcycle club...accept all types and attendence is not manditory..nor are there fees for membership...(rideing club)

Yeah here in phoenix we got all the 1%er, hells angels, vagos, mongols roll through every once in a while. I just dont see any sportbike specific clubs and think it would be cool to start one up.

Before you do anything crazy look up Arizona confederation of motorcycle clubs. There is only one official sportbike MC and that's the Sho Ryders. There are a ton of RCs in the state. Thing is Hells Angels own Arizona as far as official MCs go and you would have to get their approval as well as Sho Ryders. 3 pieces patches in Arizona aren't gangs either just FYI. If you want more info pm me and ill send you some links. You can also go to Home of Sho Ryders MC!! and click on the phoenix chapter link. If you were to start something id suggest go and talk to them.
Posted via Mobile Device

i'm in a club....it consist of me, myself, and I....:whistle: no interest in joining a club and going through the ropes to join another fraternity....already been through the hazing once oorah!!! but nothing wrong with riding on a regular bases with the boys...

If in Florida, DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER being a club or organization. Even a charity fundraiser type. "Colors" are a very big issue down south. When I rode Harleys I saw this first hand. The AOA takes these matters very seriously. Better to respect them then rock the boat.:rulez:

i'm in a club....it consist of me, myself, and I....:whistle: no interest in joining a club and going through the ropes to join another fraternity....already been through the hazing once oorah!!! but nothing wrong with riding on a regular bases with the boys...

A club can mean many things. You can also call yourself and "the boys" the club you ride with.

Before you do anything crazy look up Arizona confederation of motorcycle clubs. There is only one official sportbike MC and that's the Sho Ryders. There are a ton of RCs in the state. Thing is Hells Angels own Arizona as far as official MCs go and you would have to get their approval as well as Sho Ryders. 3 pieces patches in Arizona aren't gangs either just FYI. If you want more info pm me and ill send you some links. You can also go to Home of Sho Ryders MC!! and click on the phoenix chapter link. If you were to start something id suggest go and talk to them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Not tryin to argue, but im wondering...
What constitutes a gang? Who's rules apply?
I just dont want someone stepping on toes due to lack of knowledge. Gathering up a group of guys on motorcyles that wear vests with logo's that have a location on the bottom of the vest will get attention no matter where they are. just my 02

It's not worth it. You can have a club without being official. I want to get some of the roughest big guys you can find and call the club "Fluffy Bunnies" or something. Just to see people's faces. :rofl:

that was good! :laugh::beerchug:

Yeah, I agree that it just happened.
I feel closer to the group of people that I ride with than I feel to any of my blood relatives except for one and her family rides too.
I moved to Kansas City and we've visited back & forth more times than I've visited anyone.

I've thought more than once that we should start up some sort of "riding club" since we're not bikers, we're motorcyclists.
Maybe dues & mandatory(semi mandatory for those of us nearly 400 miles away) meetings...oh wait...does hitting Sluggers nearly every Friday night for pizza count as meetings?

Back